Upcoming Hotfix to Prevent Level 110 Players from Turning Off XP Gains

They introduced the idea, we shut it down, and now they’re thinking of a new approach. I’m sure it will entail some sort of nerf to 110s, whether it be the inability to do IEs or a nerf in IEs, but they aren’t going to ruin it all.
I don't think you know Blizzard.
They are the spoiled child who wont ever take no for an answer.
If you ever tell him that - he will make it the the sole purpose his life to prove you wrong
Even if it takes burning the fucking toy shop down.

So... am I readin the new forum wrong, or out of 868 replies so far the initial blue post got... 15 likes??

Talk about not having a fucking clue what your playerbase wants. They need to bring in new blood. It's getting pathetic.

edit- hell, even "I h8 twinks!!!11" threads usually get more likes than that.

I can hardly wait for their alternative "fix" after they realized how stupid their initial move was.

Im pretty disappointed. I personally haven't put much effort into my 110s, but I was eager to get mythic ABT best-in-slot on each of them.

Makes me wonder, will they ever remove or alter the experience toggle feature?

if they change their mind and decide to leave xpoff alone do you think they will allow us to get 300 azerite?
should i get my other 300 pieces just in case?
edit i only have one...

Lol just saying they are probably gona have us on our own que for dungeons and warfronts xD

Wouldn't really be a bad thing unless your goal is for profit runs. At least you could still use the twink for pvp if that was the case. And I certainly hope that's the extent of whatever they do.

Yeah, the only ones who get hurt by eliminating XP for groups queueing with XPlocked players in them is.... sellers.

Better ruin it for everyone tho, just in case. Right Blizz?

They said they’re taking a different approach and not doing this for now, read the updated blue post.

Yeah most of us know, we just want to stomp on their original proclamation because of how exceedingly dumb it was.

They said they’re taking a different approach and not doing this for now, read the updated blue post.

I think the problem is that they think something needs to be done in the first place.
IE/Dungeon boosts are emergent gameplay that is not, in any way, impeding the normal functioning of the game's various systems. There are always enough people on the LFD queue for leveling dungeons, there are always enough people on the PVP queues for leveling BG/Skirmishes, there are always tons of people leveling through questing or random solo-queue IE's.

Blizzard's actions here are literally them taking exception with some players deciding to play the game a certain way without breaking any rules - in fact, without even coming close to breaking any rules - because their internal projections for how long players should be taking from level 110 to 120 are not being met.

I cannot stress this enough. The whole problem here is that Blizzard wants you to spend at least X amount of time in-game to reach level 120, and they feel that the possibility that you spend less than that amount of time is sufficient reason to disable an entire aspect of gameplay that thousands of players enjoy.

Unless I missed some XP exploit in 8.1. Did I?

Blizzard is well aware of the fact that not only are there twinks at 110 this xpack, but people who still only have legion, that are waiting to finish it till they buy xpack. But if that person hasn’t a surplus of cash, they might buy BFA when it goes on sale, but still lock the xp on their 110 till they have finished all the legion content. (Yes there are people like this)

This is the main issue blizzard will run into when trying to pull off their original idea.

I’m not sure what they will do to fix the boosting in islands, but rest assured, it shouldn’t effect us for pvp and raiding purposes, as blizzard never wants someone to be upset by not being able to do certain content (or not be able to do because of fear of leveling, self made pact to not level till your complete with previous game)

Blizzard is well aware of the fact that not only are there twinks at 110 this xpack, but people who still only have legion, that are waiting to finish it till they buy xpack. But if that person hasn’t a surplus of cash, they might buy BFA when it goes on sale, but still lock the xp on their 110 till they have finished all the legion content. (Yes there are people like this)

This is the main issue blizzard will run into when trying to pull off their original idea.

I’m not sure what they will do to fix the boosting in islands, but rest assured, it shouldn’t effect us for pvp and raiding purposes, as blizzard never wants someone to be upset by not being able to do certain content (or not be able to do because of fear of leveling, self made pact to not level till your complete with previous game)

An idea that scares me from unintended consequence is:

the idea of separating pve queues from twinks and levelers.

The reason I made "pve" inferior to the rest of the text is because all it takes is one quick mis-reading of a single word/abbreviation to turn this whole thing into worst-case scenario. Maybe the Dev who reads it might quote this in a meeting with other devs and accidentally say PvP rather than PvE or completely exclude the word entirely. That's all it takes for us to lose our ability to queue ANYTHING with xp-on, making our queues inevitably doomed. Killing it through starvation.

A few people proposed the pve separation, but I refrained from liking it on this thought.

man i wish i wasn’t permabanned from the blizzard formus....

a seperate pve que for xp off players would probably fix this, but how funny would that be!? maybe make them epic with better loot. players(normies) would have the opportunity to feel overpowered with a sexy piece of gear or two then unlock and get back to leveling. we could still pve with plenty of xp off players to fill a pve que and that way the leveling players would have the choice to play with us or not. pve has to stay merged for battlegrounds or we’ll be out in the world pvping. lol im 100% sure they dont want deathsquads of pissed off twinks roaming leveling zones.

I don't really know that we can say that it won't affect pvp or raiding. They can "fix" powerleveling in a number of ways. They could separate xp off players from xp on players. They could nerf stat scaling or introduce hard caps to prevent 110s/111s from being powerful enough to sell runs. Perhaps they reintroduce legion ilvl scaling to pve (and pvp gets hits as a consequence). Maybe they introduce some experience nerfs deepnding on ilvl ratios or something (if you have a really high ilvl for your actual level, you trigger a "powerlevel" flag and people in party gain less experience). They could do any number of things, many of which could hurt pvp. Given that the first response was to simply kill xpoff for 110+ means we don't know what they'll do.

The only "problem" they stated was selling runs.

So if that's THE problem, queueing with someone with their XP locked should negate XP for the entire party. Queueing.

Absolute solution, only negative consequence being to friends helping friends... and that's hardly the end of the world.

edit- They've adjusted things before like this, like removing you from a queue if you lock XP after you queue.
[doublepost=1545337356,1545336926][/doublepost]Up to 1200 replies to the original post now... 18 likes.

Users who are viewing this thread