XPOFF Community
US Horde: Link
US Horde 2: Link
US Alliance: Link
--
EU Horde: Link
EU Alliance: Link

Latest updates:
  • [Oct 2019] - Interest in retail 19s has dropped with the separate queues and classic. I haven't been playing and am putting updates on hold. BG crate blues are now ilvl 30, which is great for the ones you have, because you can't really farm em anymore at 19.
  • [May 2019] - Starting to clean up some older information. Adding TODO list in latest post.
  • [April 2019] - Added the list of horde/ally zone quests. Many updates to gear and farmable epics list.
  • [26 March 2019] - Restructured several sections into FAQ. Added known epic agi weapons and leather chest/legs to appropriate classes. Guide is pretty much up-to-date until more drops are confirmed.
  • [23 March 2019] - First round of updates - list of farmable, upgradable items, updated enchants page, removed stats/shadow armor enchants, added new dungeon items, added many new epic upgrades (but not all). TODO list at the bottom of this post.
  • [12 March 2019] - Patch 8.1.5 dropping. I'm busy irl this week, but that gives things time to settle down. Here is what to look at on patch day. I'll be updating things over the next two weeks based on what people find.
  • [January 2019] - New year, new guide updates for 8.1. BoA Trinkets, Survival Hunter stat priority, and new bandages. Details.
  • [November 2018] - Lots of updates. See here for notes.
  • [September 2018] - Added couple of high weapon staves as options for mw monk.
  • [September 2018] - Replacing "Any" with links to the best dungeon options where stat priorities are known.
  • [30 August 2018] - Added BfA enchants. Split hunter into its 3 specs.
  • [15 August 2018] - Added nicely formatted enchants sections to show all variations of the BiS enchants.
  • [13 August 2018] - BfA Release. Possible new enchants/items, but waiting til after BfA has settled a bit.
  • [12 August 2018] - PvP power nerfed. Switch to alternate cloak enchants.
  • [August 2018] - Several minor edits. Adding a section on secondaries.
  • [28 July 2018] - First version ready. Still need lots of stat priorities and special BoEs.
  • [17 July 2018] - Oh boy. Here we go.
  • [July 2018] - Guide created. Setting up formatting and basic gear prior to BfA pre-patch.

Previous 19 quick guides for Legion and WoD.

Table of Contents:

Introduction

If you haven’t seen my quick start guides before, they are aimed at gearing up NEW players. My goal is to include currently available gear, including BiS and cheaper/easier to get alternatives. I'm usually focusing on general sets - however a good twink will have multiple sets of gear and swap depending on the situation. Also note that many of the stat priorities are not set in stone. This guide won’t teach you how to play, as there are many people who play these classes better than me and many existing class guides that have amazing content, as well as good generalist guides for things like WSG jumps or binding flag clicks to your scroll wheel (highly recommended).

If you already have a twink from previous expansions, be sure to check for grandfathered gear! I’m not going to mention the AGM in this guide, as its no longer possible to get, but its still going to be very useful! Likewise, check for any other interesting items on your character like warforged invasion gear, high ilvl argus rings, emil’s brand (ilvl 32), or any other interesting pieces of gear. Use your general class knowledge, the rough stat priorities, and the assumptions list at the end of the guide to see if it will be useful.

I’ll often include “Any” in these guides. Any means to use any Heirloom, Dungeon Drop, Quest Upgrade or even Green BoE with the same primary stats as an heirloom/dungeon blue. These all have the same primary stat, stam, and some amount of secondaries. The exact piece is up to you and which secondaries you prefer. If the stat priority for a class/spec is known, I'll put the best dungeon drop or heirloom to use. You'll often see that these are after a '>' - so it follows that these are good options until you get something to the left of that greater than sign.

Creating a new 19

In the current patch, you want to level to 19 without finishing ANY quests that can reward green+ gear. Gear from quests can upgrade, and it scales to the level you are when you complete it. So grab a bunch of heirlooms for extra exp, get 10g to turn exp off when you hit 19, and start grinding. Early quests are probably fine to do - I don't believe white gear can upgrade.

At level 10, you can enter the first set of dungeons (RFC/Stockade are easy to get to) and be run through by a higher level. You can also queue for BGs. At 15 you can queue for LFG dungeons. Don't turn in the quests if they give gear. Save all BG crates and dungeon satchels to open at level 19. Be sure to leave as soon as you hit 19 and turn off exp - its probably best to queue standing next to the exp toggle NPC.

Only then can you start doing quests and hoping for upgrades. See the next section.

Quest Upgrades

With 8.1.5, gear from quests can proc to epics, which are ilvl 31. We'll be saving quests until 19 since things scale to the level we complete the quest at. Since upgrades are random and somewhat rare - its hard to really put them into a guide. For the most part - you'll do a bunch of quests, and see if you get any epics - which you can then compare to your other gearing options.

You can also switch factions to have many more chances for upgradable loot. I don't know what gets lost when you faction swap, so older twinks may want to be careful about doing this.

Brand new twinks may want to look at one single item and consider re-rolling to get an epic proc. Typically this would be a weapon, as it has the most impact for a single piece of gear. A hunter, for example, might level to 19, freeze exp - and then do the quests to get the best possible bow/gun. If it doesn't upgrade, mail the heirlooms to a new toon and level again. This is more feasable for making vets at level 20 with allied races, but still doable for 19s. Given the current lack of farmable ranged weapons, I would say that new hunters would be the primary class to do this on - level to 19, do all the quests that reward ranged weapons - and reroll if none of them drop.

Unique drops can also upgrade - but since these are farmable (given enough time), they WILL be part of the guide. Here is a list of possible farmable upgrades.

While I won't be adding these items into the guide, here are the wowhead links for all the possible zones/quests for each faction that I know of. While you should do every quest - you can use these lists to look for specific upgrades.

FAQ
At what ilvl does various gear drop at?
* Heirlooms are at ilvl 23
* Dungeon blues are at ilvl 25
* Random dungeon satchels are ilvl 25
* BG crate blues are ilvl 25 (greens are ilvl 22)
* WSG Vendor items are ilvl 23
* Quest greens are ilvl 19
* Quest blues (including upgrades) are ilvl 25
* Quest epic upgrades are ilvl 31
How do I get epic gear from questing?
No trick to it, you just do the quest and hope you get lucky. Current estimate is a 2-5% chance of an epic upgrade.
What epic gear can I farm?
Gear that drops from a single source, including rare mobs, have a chance to upgrade. For the most part...there are some weird inconsistencies with dungeons and phasing.

See here for a list of known farmable upgrades.
Why are BoE gloves useful/important?
BoE gloves are the only gloves that can have Glove Reinforcements applied to them by a high level. You may want two pairs of gloves - one with Glove reinforcements and another with your primary stat. APPLY THE GLOVE REINFORCEMENTS BEFORE EQUIPPING THE ITEM!
Why are BoE legs useful/important?
There are 3 leg enchants (from MoP leatherworking) that can be applied to BoE legs by a high level. So BoE legs can get a much better enchant. APPLY THE LEG ARMOR BEFORE EQUIPPING THE ITEM!
Note that there are no Int/Spellpower enchants that can be applied to BoE legs - so heirlooms are the only legs with good int enchants.
Why are heirloom shoulders important?
Heirloom (BoA) shoulders are the only ones that can have enchants applied to them by high levels.
What do I do if my heirloom is too high ilvl to be enchanted?
Sometimes your heirlooms will scale too high on your "main" for certain enchants. You can either keep a toon at the appropriate level, or you can buy a 1-60 copy at an heirloom vendor, which will not scale.
Why would I use the Insignia of the Horde/Alliance?
The honorable medallion has the same affect, but has a 3 minute cooldown. The Insignia of the Horde only has a 2 minute cooldown. With the 7 stam it provides, it can make a good defensive trinket for someone who gets focused like a healer or flag carrier.
How do I get the Defending/Returning Champion Heirlooms?
https://www.wowhead.com/item=126948/defending-champion is from opening the Gurubashi Arena chest on a character that has https://www.wowhead.com/item=19024/arena-grand-master . That trinket requires you to loot the chest 12 times, and the quest is level 30 or 35, so unless you already have it from long ago, you'll need to farm 12 chests to unlock AGM and a 13th chest to unlock the heirloom on a higher level toon.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=126949/returning-champion is from the Darkmoon arena and requires winning 12 times to unlock https://www.wowhead.com/item=74035 and the the next chest on that character will unlock the heirloom.
How do I get dungeon drops from lighter armor types (ex, how do I get mail drops as a holy pally)?
You can either...
* Run the dungeons with a fellow 19 of the proper class and have them trade you their drops.
* Get run through the dungeons with a high enough level and the loot will turn into group loot.
Where can I find WSG gear?
You can find ilvl 23 gear at the vendors in the Northern Barrens and Ashenvale.
Horde: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=14754
Alliance: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=14753
Should my caster use a staff or a 1H/offhand?
Given the same ilvl options - int and stam tends to be the same for both, but using a 1H/offhand allows you to enchant your offhand with major int for +4 int.

However, secondaries can be important too. An epic Foamspittle is often BiS due to the high amounts of verse - unless you have some very lucky quest upgrades.

Finally, elemental and resto shamans have a tougher choice - as they lose a bunch of armor/block in addition to the 4int enchant if they use a staff instead of a shield. I would suggest having a 1h/shield set - which is good for games where you are getting targeted and there is lots of physical damage. You can save the staff for when you are able to cast freely.
Should my mistweaver monk use a high damage weapon?
Maybe. There are a few int weapons that have high weapon damage. They allow for some higher damage combos and are generally decent options. However, they cannot upgrade to epic - so mistweaver monks are probably best with a foamspittle staff.

Notable high damage caster weapons: jagged, sturdy, medicine
Why aren't dungeon rings used much?
Primary stats are valuable. Generally the 4 primary stat is worth more than the extra 7 secondaries. Deep fathom ring can be considered as verse is valuable.
Is my epic quest drop worth using?
It depends on the piece. Compare the stats to the other gear on the list and make a decision. Feel free to ask for help!
When should I NOT use the Fang/Slitherscale set as a caster?
The set bonus gives 18 int. Since the Fang/Slitherscale gloves are often BiS, you often get 4 int from the set bonus with one additional piece.

Most of the time, 3 epic upgrades and 2 parts of the set will be about the same int as the full set - but often with less secondaries.

You'll need to do the math yourself depending on the gear you have. But you would probably need 4-5 good epic upgrades to be better than the fang set.

Where can I find a big list of enchants and how they scale?
@Swoops has put together an amazing spreadsheet of how many enchants scale and their proc rates - it even covers various levels. Check it out.

I've tried to narrow down the relevant ones for 19s here.
How do I apply Glove Reinforcements or MoP leatherworking leg armor to my BoE gear?
Before you equip your BoE, mail the BoE and the enchant to a high level (60 for glove reinforcements, 85 for MoP leatherworking leg armor).

Apply the enchant (you should NOT see a message about the item binding - if you do, then you have the wrong enchant) and mail it back to your 19.
How do I apply enchants to my BoA shoulders/legs/ranged weapons?
Mail or create the heirlooms on a high level who has the enchant. Apply the enchant. Mail to your 19. This can be done cross-server.
What scopes/enchants can I put on my gun/bow/crossbow?
* Incendiary, Frost, Gnomish X-Ray, Blastington, Diamond-cut can only be applied to heirloom guns/bows by a high level.
* Flintlocke can only be applied to an heirloom by a high level hunter. You can use a class trial hunter if you don't have one.
* Gale force, Versatile Navigation, and Standard scope can be applied to ANY ranged weapons (including BoP weapons) by your 19.

If you have an epic upgrade ranged weapon - I would highly recommend using it with a BfA enchant.
How do people have high level enchants on their BoP shoulders/legs/belt/etc?
There is an exploit that allows you enchant a piece of gear while trading. So dungeon gear that can be traded and BoEs can be enchanted while trading. More details can be found by searching the forums.

THIS IS AN EXPLOIT. Use at your own risk. I personally do not use them as I don't want to risk the twinks I have had since vanilla. I know of no one getting banned for this, but it is an exploit and won't be included in this guide.

What boot enchant should I use?
* Minor speed if your class has movement speed options OR if you want the max possible speed otherwise of 112% (with a gift enchant to cloak).
* Any hybrid +2 stat enchant (see here for list) if your class has no movement speed options OR if you don't want any additional speed beyond your class bonuses.
* If you find yourself holding/carrying the flag, you may want to invest in a pair of boots with +3 stam - as NO movement speed boosts are applied at 6+ stacks.
Should I use a "gift" to cloak enchant?
* If you are using a hybrid boot enchant, then NO, I would suggest a different enchant.
* If you are using Minor speed, then it is up to you. Would you prefer the 2% movespeed or the slightly better primary stats?
See here for a more detailed section on movespeed.

What are the best professions?
Engineering and Alchemy

Engineering provides access to most of the BiS head options. It also provides bombs and allows for the use of some toys and auctioneers.

Alchemy provides access to a permament flask item (Alchemist's Flask) at 300. Despite the tooltip saying 3, this gives 8 of your highest primary stat. The mixology buff also increases the duration/effect of elixirs/flasks you can make.

Tailoring is useful to make bandages, but you should have it on another toon as the bandages are not BoP.
Which bandages are the best?
Currently, due to weird scaling, Mageweave Bandage have the most healing for 19s.

What consumables can I/should I use?
There are too many to count. Food, bandages, flasks, potions, drums, goblin gliders, bombs, etc. There are too many for me to keep track, so I generally leave them out of the guide. If a good 19 consumables guide appears, I will link to it though.

As to which should you use - thats up to you. However if you're interested in wargames, you may want to practice without consumables.
Can I use warmode at 19?
No. You can toggle /pvp, but you cannot enter warmode.
Can I make an allied race at 19?
A new allied race character will start at 20. However, you can pay for a race change on your 19 if you've unlocked the allied race.

Last edited:
Druid - Balance
Balance druids remain very versatile characters. With high consistent damage through DoTs and good burst damage with starsurge/starfall - balance druids are great damage dealers. Like all druids, they have great flag running capabilities with travel/cat form and flag holding with bear form. Add stealth and some minor off healing and you have a very strong class that brings a lot to any team. This list will focus on a general damage set, grabbing all of the fang pieces for the large amounts of int from the set bonus. Consider picking up a few FC pieces (see resto druid), as balance druids are top tier flag runners.

Stats: Int > Verse >= Haste > Crit

Gear
Head: Green Lens, Spellpower Goggles Xtreme Plus > Heirloom
Neck: Heirloom
Shoulders: Boulder (E), Heirloom
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood, Sporid Cape
Chest: Armor of the Fang
Bracers: BG Crate, Wrangler's Wristbands > Any
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang (scaled to 19)
Belt: Belt of the Fang
Legs: Leggings of the Fang
Boots: Footpads of the Fang
Rings: Advisor/Lorekeeper’s Ring, BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel, Signet of the Third Fleet
Trinkets: Returning/Defending Champion, Discerning Eye of the Beast, Battle Hymnal, Inherited Insignia
2H Weapon: Foamspittle Staff (E) > Foamspittle Staff (R)
1H Weapon: BG Crate > Any
Offhand: BG Crate > Any

Enchants - See here for specific enchants.
Neck: Mark of the Hidden Satyr
Shoulders: Any 2 int/spellpower shoulder enchant
Back: Any +2 Int enchant, Gift of X
Chest: Glorious Stats
Bracers: +3 SP
Gloves: Glove Reinforcements (only BoEs), Any +3 Spellpower
Legs: +1 Armor Kit
Boots: Minor Speed
Rings: Any +1 Secondary enchant
Weapon: +9 Spellpower, Elemental Force
Offhand: Int
Druid - Feral
Feral druids deal mediocre damage, but are still versatile characters. They generally shine at building up combo points from a distance using moonfire and bleeds while hopping in and out of range, followed by a big finisher. Like all druids, they have the tools to be great flag runners and carriers. Some stam pieces are recommended for FCing, as well as some glass cannon pieces for opening on an enemy FC with stacks. You may want Minor Speed, as hybrid boot enchants like Blurred Speed do not give any speed to cat form. If you're ok with cat's default +30%, then get something with +2 agi.

Stats: Agi > Verse > Crit > Haste

Gear
Head: Headdress (E), Master Engineer’s Goggles > Any
Back: Parachute Cloak, Sporid Cape
Chest: Hard Crawler (E), Silvermoon (E), BG Crate, Gloomshroud Armor, Prospector's Chestpiece > Any
Bracers: BG Crate, Forest Leather Bracers, Wrangler's Wristbands > Black Wolf Bracers
Gloves: Foreman (E), Gloves of the Fang, Scouting Gloves > Serpentis' Gloves
Belt: Girdle of the Blindwatcher
Legs: Boarhide (E) > Dark Leather Pants, Prospector’s Woolies, Any 6agi/9stam BoE
Boots: Scorched Blazehound Boots, Agile Boots, Dark Leather Boots
Rings: BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel, Admiral Taylor's Loyalty Ring > Any
Trinkets: Dusk Powder, Returning/Defending Champion, Touch of the Void, Inherited Insignia, Any
Weapon: BG Crate, Impaling Harpoon

Shoulders: Any 2 agi/1 crit shoulder enchant
Back: +2 Agi, Gift of X
Chest: Gl
Bracers: Greater Assault
Gloves: Major Agility
Legs: Shadowleather Armor
Boots: Minor Speed, Any hybrid 2agi+speed enchant
Weapon: Elemental Force, 10 Agi
Druid - Resto (FC)
Resto druids have consistently been the best flag carriers since vanilla. Add some instant cast heals to the usual druid kit of travel form, cat form, and bear form and you’ve got an FC who can be fast, tanky, and can keep healing themselves on the run. Damage output with is solid with enchants, but a defensive enchant set can be run as well for FCing. Minor Speed and Gift of verse is the standard cloak/boot enchant set - however consider a second set with different enchants for holding the flag with high stacks (where movespeed bonuses do not apply). Use Foamspittle staff for the high amount of verse. For a healing set, see Boomkin gear (full fang set).

Stats: Movespeed, Stam > Verse > Int > Haste > Crit

Gear
Head: Master Engineer’s Goggles
Neck: Verse Heirloom
Shoulders: Forest Leather Mantle (scaled to ilvl 24), Heirloom
Back: Sylvan Cloak
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Any 13 stam chest (E) > BG Crate, Starsight Tunic, Greater Adept's Robe
Bracers: BG Crate, Wrangler's Wristbands > Any
Gloves: Scouting Gloves (BoE, with verse)
Belt: Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt, Dungeon Satchel, https://www.wowhead.com/item=6319/girdle-of-the-blindwatcher
Legs: Boarhide (E) > Any 9stam BoE with verse
Boots: BG Crate, Scorched Blazehound Boots
Rings: Advisor/Lorekeeper’s Ring, BG Crate, Deep Fathom Ring, Dungeon Satchel
Trinkets: Returning/Defending Champion, Inherited Insignia, Inherited Mark of Tyranny, Inherited Insignia, Bolstering War Horn

Neck: Hidden Satyr, Heavy Hide, Ancient Priestess
Shoulders: Any 2 stam/1 dodge enchant (on BoAs), Any +2 Stam Armor Kit (on BoEs)
Back: Gift of versatility, Shadow Armor, Stealth, Protection
Bracers: Major Stam
Gloves: Glove Reinforcements
Legs: Ironscale Leg Armor (BoE/BoA)
Boots: Minor Speed, Any +3 Stam enchant (6+ stacks set)
Rings: Any +1 Versatility enchants
Weapon: +9 Spellpower, Coastal Surge, Elemental Force, Heartsong
Hunter - Beast Mastery
All Hunters tend to bring solid damage and mid control with their range, damage, mobility, slow, trap, and pet. BM focuses a bit more on the pet aspect of things. Most of the gear is going to be the same for each hunter spec, however for BM hunters, 1agi isn't quite the same as 1 attack power. Your pet shares your agility, but not your attack power. So when possible, prefer agility over attack power. Most notably, Flintlocke's is definitely better than Gnomish X-Ray scope for BM.

I don't know too much about BM hunters at 19, but it looks like they're missing some powerful moves that show up in the 20-29 bracket. BM hunters can't tame exotic beasts until way higher level, so they tend to be a little behind marksman and survival.

Hunter Pets currently fall into 3 families, which each give a buff. Ferocity gives 10% passive leech to make for a self-sufficient solo player. Cunning gives a passive 8% movespeed buff, which does not stack with hybrid boot enchants - so use Minor Speed and Gift of X to get to 120% movespeed. And finally Tenacity, which gives a passive 5% HP bonus, as well as an active that reduces damage by 20% for 6 seconds. Note that if you choose the talent that gives you a second pet, it will use kill command, but will NOT give you pet abilities. So you only get one buff. You can only keep 2 pets with you at a time, so you'll need to choose two pets to keep with you. I'd recommend a Cunning pet for the movespeed (which only stacks with Minor Speed, not the hybrid boot enchants) and then the GFd carrion bird if you have it. If not, then you get to choose between leech or health. I would lean towards health in case you end up carrying the flag.

Stats: Agility > Verse > Crit

Gear
Back: Parachute Cloak > Sporid Cape
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Rough Bronze Cuirass, BG Crate > Any
Bracers: BG Crate, Chitonous, Forest Leather Bracers, Fortified Bracers
Gloves: Slitherscale, Any, Foreman (E) > Thorbia’s Gauntlets
Belt: Runechain Girdle, Hulking Belt, Slither-Scale Cord, Dungeon Satchel
Legs: Foreman (E) > Chain Leggings, Any 6agi/9stam BoE
Boots: BG Crate, Chain Boots, Any
Rings: BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel, Admiral Taylor's Loyalty Ring, Any
Trinkets: Dusk Powder, Returning/Defending Champion, Touch of the Void, Inherited Insignia, Any
Ranged Weapon: Quest Upgrade (ilvl 31), Any Dungeon/Quest Blue (ilvl 25), Heirloom

Shoulders: Any 2agi/1crit enchant
Bracers: +3 AP
Gloves: Glove reinforcements (BoEs), 4agi
Boots: Minor Speed, Any hybrid 2agi+Speed enchant
Ranged Weapon: Galeforce, Flintlocke’s Woodchucker (BoA), Incendiary Ammo (BoA)
Hunter - Marksman
All Hunters tend to bring solid damage and mid control with their range, damage, mobility, slow, and trap pet. Marksman focuses on the ranged weapon aspect. Aimed Shot provides them with some very significant burst at the cost of mobility to cast it.

Hunter Pets currently fall into 3 families, which each give a buff. Ferocity gives 10% passive leech to make for a self-sufficient solo player. Cunning gives a passive 8% movespeed buff, which does not stack with hybrid boot enchants - so use Minor Speed and Gift of X to get to 120% movespeed. And finally Tenacity, which gives a passive 5% HP bonus, as well as an active that reduces damage by 20% for 6 seconds. You can go Lone Wolf with no pet as well for a passive 10% bonus damage. Currently, pets tamed after the BfA pre-patch have NO special moves. Carrion birds from before bfa prepatch DO have a mortal wounds ability, while current carrion birds do not. This appears to be a bug - consider reporting a bug that low level pets do not have their level 1 abilities.

For marksman, Lone Wolf provides the most damage. You can also have two pets with you on call. Calling a Cunning Pet to get 8% movespeed is highly recommended for walking anywhere, chasing down an enemy, or providing you a wide range of movement in mid. Remember to use Minor Speed instead of a hybrid boot enchant, as the hybrid enchant does NOT stack with this. Minor Speed + Cunning Pet + Gift of Verse combine for a total of 120% movespeed. If you have a GFd carrion bird with mortal strike, then that should be your second pet when the anti-healing will come in handy for focusing an enemy healer or flag carrier. Otherwise, you can choose between leech and stam depending on your playstyle (I would take a Tenacity pet in case I needed to FC).

Stats: Agility > Verse > Crit

Gear
Bracers: BG Crate, Chitonous, Forest Leather Bracers, Fortified Bracers
Gloves: Slitherscale, Any, Foreman (E) > Thorbia’s Gauntlets
Legs: Foreman (E) > Chain Leggings, Any 6agi/9stam BoE
Ranged Weapon: Quest Upgrade (ilvl 31), Any Dungeon/Quest Blue (ilvl 25), Heirloom

Bracers: +3 AP
Ranged Weapon: Galeforce, Flintlocke’s Woodchucker (BoA), Incendiary Ammo (BoA)
Hunter - Survival
Hunters tend to bring solid damage and mid control with their range, mobility, damage, slow, and pet. Survival switches that up a bit to focus on melee with a 2H weapon. Survival hunters also rely on their pet with Kill Command.

Hunter Pets currently fall into 3 families, which each give a buff. Ferocity gives 10% passive leech to make for a self-sufficient solo player. Cunning gives a passive 8% movespeed buff, which does not stack with hybrid boot enchants - so use Minor Speed and Gift of X to get to 120% movespeed. And finally Tenacity, which gives a passive 5% HP bonus, as well as an active that reduces damage by 20% for 6 seconds. Currently, pets tamed after the BfA pre-patch have NO special moves. Carrion birds from before bfa prepatch DO have a mortal wounds ability, while current carrion birds do not. This appears to be a bug - consider reporting a bug that low level pets do not have their level 1 abilities.

You can only keep two pets with you. I'd recommend a Cunning pet for the movespeed for your first option. And then if you have the GFd carrion bird with mortal strike, that would be the second. Otherwise you get to choose between leech and health. I would lean towards health in case you need to FC.

Survival can actually weapon swap to a dual wield setup at 19. Harpoon and Raptor Strike require a 2H weapon, so jumping in and doing melee damage uses a 2h like normal. In a mid situation however, you can kill command and serpent sting from afar - neither of which consider weapon damage, so you can switch to 1h weapons with lots of damage and double elemental force. Switch back to the 2h when you need to get back into melee. This is a rather advanced playstyle - so cheap bronze shortswords are recommended to try it out before possibly committing more resources. If you do this build, VERSE, crit, and haste (but mostly verse) become more important relative to agility due to elemental force. Consider dropping glass cannon pure agi options for verse/crit gear. Thief's Blade and Butcher's Cleaver are good verse/crit options, however you will need a 19 rogue/monk/(shammy) to trade them to you. [8.1.5] Ele force has taken a significant nerf. I am unsure how viable dual wielding now.

Stats: Agility > Verse

Gear
Bracers: BG Crate, Forest Leather Bracers, Fortified Bracers, Chit
Gloves: Slitherscale, Gordoth, Foreman (E) > Thorbia’s Gauntlets
Legs: Foreman (E), Chain Leggings, Any 6agi/9stam BoE
2H Melee Weapon: BG Crate, Any
1H Melee Weapons: Thief's Blade, Butcher's Cleaver, Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Blackwater Cutlass (scaled), Any

Bracers: 3AP
Melee Weapon: +10 Agi (2H only), Elemental Force
Mage - All specs
Mages are high damage classes with a good bit of CC control. Arcane is very strong right now. Blink and frost nova make all mages decent kiters and decent flag runners in a pinch. Polymorph can be great at removing healers from a fight. The gear is going to be the same, with maybe some slight stat priority changes. Crit will provide more bursty, but unreliable damage. Haste will provide more reliable damage, but may lack the burst to get through heals (and will run you out of mana a little faster).

Mages can also learn https://www.wowhead.com/spell=56384/arcane-momentum#comments at mage trainers to switch up the functionality of blink. Personally I like regular blink, but might be worth a try.

Arcane Stats: Int > Verse > Haste
Frost Stats: Int > Verse > Haste
Fire Stats: Int > Verse >= Crit > Haste

Gear
Shoulders: Heirloom
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood, Sanguine Cape
Chest: Silvermoon (E) > Any, Mystic’s Wrap, BG Crate
Bracers: Mindthrust Bracers (scaled to 19), BG Crate, Bright Bracers, Any
Gloves: Magefist Gloves (ilvl 23), Any
Belt: Keller’s Girdle, Any
Legs: Heirloom, Colorful Kilt, Any 6int/9stam BoE
Boots: BG Crate, Spidersilk Boots, Any
Rings: Advisor/Lorekeeper’s Ring, BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel, Signet of the Third Fleet
Trinkets: Battle Hymnal, Returning/Defending Champion, Discerning Eye of the Beast, Inherited Insignia, Enchanted Warscroll
1H Weapon: BG Crate, Any
Offhand: BG Crate, Mystic's Sphere > Any

Shoulders: Any 2 int/2spellpower shoulder enchant
Back: Any +2 Int enchant,, Gift of X
Bracers: Any +3 Spellpower enchant
Gloves: Glove Reinforcements (BoEs), Any +3 Spellpower enchant
Legs: Ironscale (BoEs/BoAs), Any 2 int/2 spellpower based leg enchant (BoAs)
Boots: Minor Speed, Any hybrid 2stam+Speed enchant
Rings: Any +1 Secondary enchants
Monk - Brewmaster
Brewmaster is very lackluster currently. Tanks take extra damage in pvp. My best guess is that stam, verse, and agility are going to be the main stats.

Stats: Stam, Agility > Verse

Gear
Head: Master Engineer’s Goggles > Any
Back: Parachute Cloak > Sporid Cape?
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Hard Crawler (E), BG Crate, Gloomshroud Armor, Prospector's Chestpiece, Any Dungeon
Bracers: Any Dungeon
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang, Serpentis' Gloves, Any Dungeon
Belt: Dungeon Satchel
Legs: Boarhide (E) > Prospector’s Woolies, Any 6agi/9stam BoE
Boots: BG Crate, Feet of the Lynx, Scorched Blazehound Boots
Weapon: BG Crate, Any

Back: +2 Agi
Boots: Any hybrid 2stam/2agi and Speed enchant
Rings: Any +1 Versatility enchants
Weapon: Elemental Force, ???
Monk - Mistweaver
Mistweavers are solid healers, and can actually turn around to do some convincing burst damage with a rising sun kick into a quad blackout kick with a chance to reset rising sun kick. Since they do melee damage, you can consider using one of the odd maces/staves that have high weapon damage for more burst - but really just stick with Foamspittle. The monk HoT and main heal are instant cast while channeling on the target, which makes them very quick healers once channeling. Verse is always good. Haste helps the HoT and channel, as well as lowering the GCD to actually cast your instant heal after your channel.

Stats: Int > Verse > Haste > Crit

Gear
Head: Green Lens, Spellpower Goggles Xtreme Plus > Any
Chest: Armor of the Fang
Bracers: BG Crate, Wrangler's Wristbands, Any
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang (scaled to 19)
Belt: Belt of the Fang
Legs: Leggings of the Fang
Boots: Footpads of the Fang
Trinkets: Returning/Defending Champion, Inherited Insignia, Battle Hymnal, Discerning Eye of the Beast
2H Weapon: Foamspittle Staff (E) > Foamspittle Staff (R), Medicine Staff*, Sturdy Quarterstaff*
1H Weapon: BG Crate, Jagged Star* > Any
* Monks can do solid melee damage. These weapons have int, yet also have the weapon damage of agi/str weapons. The staves sacrifice the offhand enchant (4 int) for a significant melee damage upgrade.

Gloves: Glove Reinforcements (only BoEs), Any +3 Spellpower enchant
Boots: Minor Speed, Any hybrid 2stam+speed enchant
Weapon: +9 SP, Elemental Force, Coastal Surge
Monk - Windwalker
WW is viable, but not amazing currently. Supposedly has good control, some burst and off heals. Guessing Crit over Haste for the burst potential.

Stats: Agi > Verse > Crit > Haste?

Gear
Head: Headdress (E), Master Engineer’s Goggles > Heirloom
Back: Parachute Cloak, Sporid Cape
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Hard Crawler (E), BG Crate, Gloomshroud Armor, Prospector's Chestpiece > Any
Bracers: BG Crate, Forest Leather Bracers, Wrangler's Wristbands, Any
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang, Scouting Gloves, Serpentis' Gloves, Uplifted Cup
Belt: Dungeon Satchel, Girdle of the Blindwatcher, Foremans (E)
Legs: Boarhide (E) > Dark Leather Pants, Prospector’s Woolies, Any 6agi/9stam BoE
Boots: BG Crate, Agile Boots, Dark Leather Boots, Scorched Blazehound Boots, Feet of the Lynx
Rings: BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel, Admiral Taylor's Loyalty Ring
Trinkets: Dusk Powder, Returning/Defending Champion, Touch of the Void, Inherited Insignia
Mainhand: Pale Skinner (E) > BG Crate, Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Thief, Butcher > Any
Offhand: Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Thief, Butcher > Any

Back: +2 Agi
Boots: Any hybrid 2agi+speed enchant
Weapon: Elemental Force, Dancing Steel?
Paladin - Holy
I don’t know too much about holy pallies. They have the most gearing options since they can wear any armor type with int. Because of that, don’t pass up on the int that comes from the Slither-Scale set (if you can get it). Any other high-int cloth/leather/mail pieces are also an option. You won't get anything but plate drops in dungeons, so you need to bring a 19 friend of the right armor type who can get the drops and trade them to you.

Stats: Int > Verse > Haste

Gear
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood
Chest: Slither-Scale Hauberk, BG Crate, Any
Bracers: BG Crate, Any
Gloves: Slither-Scale Gauntlets (scaled to 19), Any, Any int BoE (like Thorbia's/Fang/Foreman's)
Belt: Slither-Scale Cord, Any
Legs: Slither-Scale Britches, Heirloom, BoE
Boots: Slither-Scale Boots, BG Crate > Any
Trinkets: Returning/Defending Champion, Inherited Insignia, Battle Hymnal, Discerning Eye of the Beast
1H Weapon: BG Crate, Jagged Star > Heirloom
Shield: BG Crate > Any

Back: Any +2 Int, Gift of X
Bracers: Any +3 Spellpower enchant, +4 Stam
Shield: Int, Vitality
Paladin - Protection
No
Paladin - Retribution
No clue how ret works. But heres some basic gear. I assume advanced players will want a main weapon with crusader, and then maybe a second weapon with crusader if you want to swap for multiple crusader stacks.

Stats: Str > Verse

Gear
Chest: BG Crate, Mutant, Flameseared
Gloves: Any
Belt: Dungeon Satchel
Legs: Heirloom
Boots: BG Crate, Any
Rings: Demon Band x2, BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel
Trinkets: Dusk Powder, Returning/Defending Champion, Touch of the Void, Inherited Insignia
Weapon: Pacifier (E) > Any Dungeon, BG Crate, Executioner’s Sword

Shoulders: Any 2 Str shoulder enchant
Back: Gift of X, Any +1 Str enchant, +3 Stam
Bracers: Any +3 Str enchant
Gloves: Glove Reinforcements, Any +4 Str enchant
Legs: Angerhide Leg Armor
Weapon: Crusader
Priest - All specs
Disc priests have been super strong at 19 for a long time. Shields provide a unique ability to instantly react to burst damage and buy enough time for other heals to get to the target. Add in good healing and good damage, and theres no wonder disc priests are one of the strongest specs. Holy tends to be inferior to disc at 19. Shadow has seen some play in the past expac or two - we’ll see if they remain decent. Shadow may want a few more glass cannon pieces, while disc might want more stam/verse as they tend to be focused a lot. Or disc can go with high-int pieces to maximize healing as well.

Stats: Int > Verse > Haste > Crit

Gear
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Mystic’s Wrap, BG Crate, Any
Belt: Keller’s Girdle, Any
Boots: BG Crate, Spidersilk Boots, Lingering

Rogue - Assassination
We don’t actually get mutilate until level 40, so assassination doesn’t technically need to use daggers. Garrote and poison do some work with hidden satyr and elemental force, but its a slow burn and the dots are harder to spread around than say a boomkin or lock. Add in the lack of a slow and kiting is real concern. Definitely inferior to outlaw and sub.

Stats: Agi > Verse > Haste > Crit?

Gear
Head: Headdress (E), Master Engineer’s Goggles, Dokebi Hat > Any
Back: Parachute Cloak > Any
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Hard Crawler (E), BG Crate, Gloomshroud Armor, Prospector's Chestpiece, Dark Leather Tunic > Any Dungeon
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang, Scouting Gloves (Quickblade with 4 verse/3 crit), Uplifted, Serpentis' Gloves, Foremans (E)
Belt: Dungeon Satchel, Girdle of the Blindwatcher
Boots: Scorched Blazehound Boots, BG Crate, Agile Boots, Dark Leather Boots, Feet of the Lynx
Mainhand: Pale Skinner (E) > BG Crate, Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Thief, Butcher
Offhand: Slicer (E), Vultros (E) > Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Thief, Butcher
*For Daggers, see subtlety.

Back: +2 Agi, Gift of verse
Boots: Any hybrid 2agi+Speed enchant, Minor Speed
Rings: Gift/Breath of Versatility
Weapons: Elemental Force, Dancing Steel
Rogue - Outlaw
Rogues that shine in straight up fights with high damage and a ranged slow. Add in the usual advantages of stealth, sap, and cheapshot to get fearsome all around good fighters with solid team utility. Gear can be tweaked between pure agi glass cannon set and a more general mixed set with stam and secondaries to adjust to your playstyle and current needs. All crit focuses on the short time after an opener. If your playstyle lends itself to long drawn out fights, consider bringing some haste.

Stats: Agi > Verse > Crit

Gear
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Hard Crawler (E), BG Crate, Gloomshroud Armor, Prospector's Chestpiece, Dark Leather Tunic > Any
Bracers: BG Crate, Forest Leather Bracers, Wrangler's Wristbands > Any
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang, Scouting Gloves (Quickblade with 4 verse/3 crit), Uplifted, Serpentis' Gloves, Foremans (E)
Boots: Scorched Blazehound Boots, BG Crate, Agile Boots, Dark Leather Boots, Feet of the Lynx
Mainhand: Pale Skinner (E) > BG Crate, Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Thief, Butcher
Offhand: Slicer (E), Vultros (E) > Shadowfang, Bronze Shortsword, Thief, Butcher

Boots: Any hybrid 2agi+Speed enchant, Minor Speed
Weapons: Elemental Force, Dancing Steel, Lifesteal (mainhand only, experimenting)
Rogue - Subtlety
Sub isn’t going to outclass combat. But thats ok, go have some fun with daggers. Bypassing armor is great. The lack of a slow or enegy regen is terrible.

Stats: Agi > Verse > Crit

Gear
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Hard Crawler (E) BG Crate, Gloomshroud Armor, Prospector's Chestpiece, Dark Leather Tunic > Any
Boots: Scorched Blazehound Boots,BG Crate, Agile Boots, Dark Leather Boots, Feet of the Lynx, Any
Mainhand: Slicer (E), Vultros (E), Jeweled (E) > BG Crate, Talon of Vultros (R), Assassin’s Blade (scaled), Any Dungeon Dagger
Offhand: Slicer (E), Vultros (E) > Talon of Vultros (R), Assassin’s Blade (scaled), WSG Dagger > Any dagger

Boots: Any hybrid 2agi+speed enchant, Minor Speed
Shaman - Elemental
Elemental shaman is in a spot where its good, but resto shaman is just amazing. In solo que, a resto will do similar damage as well as healing extremely well. That being said, ele is definitely viable with solid burst damage output on top of the usual ghost wolf, and interrupt, and off-heals. I'm not sure on the secondaries, but crit may be important for earthshock bursts. Or haste for more casts.

Stats: Int > Verse > ?

Gear
Shoulders: Heirloom, Boulder (E)
Chest: Slither-Scale Hauberk
Bracers: BG Crate, Fortified Bracers, Any
Gloves: Slither-Scale Gauntlets (scaled to 19)
Belt: Slither-Scale Cord
Legs: Slither-Scale Britches
Boots: Slither-Scale Boots
Trinkets: Returning/Defending Champion, Battle Hymnal, Discerning Eye of the Beast, Inherited Insignia
1H Weapon: BG Crate, Jagged Star > Any

Bracers: Any +3 Spellpower Enchant
Gloves: Glove Reinforcements (only BoEs), Any +3 Spellpower
Shaman - Enhance
Enhance has been traditionally missing some key moves at 19 which hold it back. A well-played enhance can be decent and work well in arena. No matter what, enhance is a team player with ghostwolf, earthbind, and off-heals.

Stats: Agi > Verse

Gear
Head: Headdress (E), Master Engineer’s Goggles > Heirloom
Back: Parachute Cloak, Cape of the Brotherhood, Sporid Cape
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Rough Bronze Cuirass, BG Crate, Any
Bracers: BG Crate, Forest Leather Bracers, Fortified Bracers, Any
Gloves: Slitherscale, Any > Thorbia’s Gauntlets
Legs: Foreman (E), Any 6agi/9stam BoE, Chain Leggings, Heirloom
Boots: BG Crate, Chain Boots
Weapons: BG Crate, Butcher

Bracers: 3AP
Gloves: Glove reinforcements or 4agi
Boots: Minor Speed, Any hybrid 2agi+speed enchant
Shaman - Resto
A great healing with a lot of utility. Ghost wolf makes for decent flag running (note that only Minor Speed stacks with ghost wolf). And with enchants back, it does very solid damage. Grab the full Slither-Scale set for the int from set bonuses.

Stats: Int > Verse > Haste

Gear
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood
Chest: Slither-Scale Hauberk
Bracers: BG Crate, Fortified Bracers, Any
Gloves: Slither-Scale Gauntlets (scaled to 19)
Belt: Slither-Scale Cord
Legs: Slither-Scale Britches
Boots: Slither-Scale Boots
1H Weapon: BG Crate, Jagged Star > Any

Weapon: +9 Spellpower, Elemental Force, Coastal Surge
Warlock - All Specs
Affliction locks typically have lots of DoTs for spread damage, but are outclassed by boomkins. Destro can take verse/crit for a build that scales well with chaos bolt. However since people often don't let you cast, destro can also focus verse/haste for faster fears and better dueling capability. Demonology is weird and I have no clue. The secondary stats change by spec, and I don’t know them that well, so the stat priorities are approximate.

Affliction Stats: Int > Verse > Haste > Crit
Demonology Stats: Int > Verse > ???
Destruction Stats: Int > Verse >= Crit > Haste

Gear
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood, Sporid Cape, Sanguine Cape
Chest: Silvermoon (E), Mystic’s Wrap, BG Crate > Any
Belt: Keller’s Girdle, Dungeon Satchel, Any
Boots: BG Crate, Spidersilk Boots, Any
Trinkets: Returning/Defending Champion, Battle Hymnal, Discerning Eye of the Beast, Inherited Insignia, Enchanted Warscroll

Warrior - Arms
Arms warriors have almost always been strong pvpers. Decent mobility with charge. Victory rush and plate armor makes you naturally tanky. Mortal strike is great for getting through heals. Reliant on crusader procs. Skullsplitter into Mortal Strike into Slam provides some solid burst with execute to finish off opponents. Its possible to get unlucky with crusader procs and get rage starved and kited. Pair with a pocket healer or someone with a slow. Advanced players can weapon swap to a second weapon with crusader to stack str buffs.

Stats: Stam, Str > Verse > Crit

Gear
Back: Sporid Cape
Belt: Dungeon Satchel, Any
Rings: Demon Band x2, BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel
Weapon: Pacifier (E), > BG Crate, Executioner’s Sword, BG Crate, Any, Any

Shoulders: Any 2 str shoulder enchant
Weapon: Crusader
Warrior - Fury
Why use a single 2h weapon when you can use TWO GIANT 2H WEAPONS. Fury tends to be a little less reliable than arms in terms of damage - but double crusader and enrage procs can lead to some serious, if unreliable, burst. Its easy to be kited, so pair with someone with a slow or try to fight where you can use LoS to force closer encounters. Paired with a pocket healer, fury warriors are quite scary. People have been experimenting with stacking each of the secondaries to varying levels of success. Verse is all around solid damage and solid damage reduction for solo play (works well with elemental force force for a less bursty build). Haste works really well since it stacks multiplicative with enrage, meaning fast attacks, reduced CDs on bloodthirst/execute, and more crusader procs. Crit, despite being 150% dmg in pvp, works well with crusader procs to get enemies into execute range and burst even harder. Experiment and play around with it - I personally recommended a balanced build with a slight preference for verse. With crusader, you can also afford to give up some str/weapon damage for more secondaries. Consider weapon swapping to other crusader weapons to stack multiple str buffs.

Balanced Build: Stam, Str > Verse >= Haste/Crit

Gear
Head: Master Engineer’s Goggles > Heirloom
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood, Sporid Cape, Lambent Scale Cloak
Belt: Dungeon Satchel, Any
Rings: Demon Band x2, BG Crate, Dungeon Satchel, Silverlaine's Family Seal
Trinkets: Dusk Powder, Returning/Defending Champion, Touch of the Void, Inherited Insignia, Swift Hand of Justice
Mainhand: Pacifier (E) > Any ilvl 25, Any
Offhand: Pacifier (E) > Executioner’s Sword, BG Crate, Reforged Truesilver Champion, Any

Shoulders: Any 2 str shoulder enchant
Weapons: Crusader

Last edited:
FANTASTIC guide. As far as I’m concerned, this post coupled with the 19s directory are the most important threads for new and returning twinks coming to the site. I noticed a few things- you have “Magefist Gloves-scaled??” This would be correct. They drop for a level 19 as item level 23 requires level 15 with better stats than the old ones. I just had a pair drop for me the other day. I believe the stats are exactly what you linked them to be.

You touched on Grandfathered gear at the beginning but I think it is worth noting a little more, with returning twinks representing a good portion of users for guides like this. If anyone is reading this and is curious about any specific item that may be Gfd you can PM me. Some are really powerful.

Gloves and belt have strong options from dungeon satchels/dungeon drops. BoEs can be good as well. Guardsman belt (Gfd BoE) is only missing 1 stat from my scaled defias belt (Gfd). Ruffian belt (gfd BoE) is BiS max agility. Scaled defias gloves and scaled gloves of the fang have decent stats too.

You also only listed PvP power as I recall under rogue enchants. I am not entirely sure how this enchant scales and I don’t know if anyone has done any testing on this. I currently use shadow armor which I think is a fantastic combination of stats/armor. +2 stats to bracers may actually be better than 3 AP as well. This is another one that is really close, but you figure 1 agi > 1 AP coupled with the extra stamina provided by +2 stats. I just thought of this, but I wonder if any stats enchants also give + spirit like they used to, in turn converting to vers. But I’m just rambling now. Nice guide!!

Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing. I had no idea executioner's sword existed tbh. A ton of overlooked boe/crafted items are relevant now, pretty neat. Hadn't noticed the stat enchant on bracers either.

You can use a class trial hunter to apply a Flintlocke's Woodchucker, don't have to level your own hunter for it anymore. Level 100s should be able to use it on fully upgraded BoAs with the way ilevels work out now too (tested on PTR, haven't double checked on live). Also gives you some server flexibility, since they can be hard to track down on lower pops.

The Manari BoA neck doesn't work in BGs unfortunately (or fortunately if you don't want to grind through legion order halls for a sprint). I tried it last week and got a red "This item can't be used in Battlegrounds" message.

Yo mods. Is there any way to turn off the double-post merging? It kinda kills any concept of a table of contents that links to a class...

Seconding this, it's definitely a lot to scroll through in one post. (also i tried to go through liking all the posts and couldn't believe there were only two).

Thanks for the responses!

FANTASTIC guide. As far as I’m concerned, this post coupled with the 19s directory are the most important threads for new and returning twinks coming to the site. I noticed a few things- you have “Magefist Gloves-scaled??” This would be correct. They drop for a level 19 as item level 23 requires level 15 with better stats than the old ones. I just had a pair drop for me the other day. I believe the stats are exactly what you linked them to be.

You touched on Grandfathered gear at the beginning but I think it is worth noting a little more, with returning thinks representing a good portion of users for guides like this. If anyone is reading this and is curious about any specific item that may be Gfd you can PM me. Some are really powerful.

Gloves and belt have strong options from dungeon satchels/dungeon drops. BoEs can be good as well. Guardsman belt (Gfd BoE) is only missing 1 stat from my scaled defias belt (Gfd). Ruffian belt (gfd BoE) is BiS max agility. Scaled defias gloves and scaled gloves of the fang have decent stats too.

You also only listed PvP power as I recall under rogue enchants. I am not entirely sure how this enchant scales and I don’t know if anyone has done any testing on this. I currently use shadow armor which I think is a fantastic combination of stats/armor. +2 stats to bracers may actually be better than 3 AP as well. This is another one that is really close, but you figure 1 agi > 1 AP coupled with the extra stamina provided by +2 stats. I just thought of this, but I wonder if any stats enchants also give + spirit like they used to, in turn converting to agility. But I’m just rambling now. Nice guide!!

Removed the ? from magefist. Added in shadow armor for leather agi users (I had forgotten it on the first one and copy pasted it to all of them). PvP power is about 2.7% damage, which looks to be better than shadow armor - but they are reasonably close and both are options. I'll also have to go through and add stats as an option to basically all the bracer enchants.

All the spirit enchants became verse. A few were actually BiS for wpvp in legion, but I don't think any are that good right now after BfA scaling. Maybe the verse to weapon for someone who expects to be flag carrying with stacks.

And +1 on the grandfathered gear questions! I won't add them to the guide, but feel free to comment with questions. I may add a few common examples (a few WFd invasion options vs current gear or something) in a different section or in comments.

great guide , you could include black widow band for mages caus it's still showing on AH in some realms

I'm not quite sure the status of several items, including black widow band and the ruffian belt mentioned above. If its no longer dropping and only available on the AH, I'm probably going to skip it for the guide. Theres simply too many options from too many expansions and they tend to be very rare and pricey. Black widow band is definitely a solid glass cannon option for basically any caster.

Wow, this is amazing. I had no idea executioner's sword existed tbh. A ton of overlooked boe/crafted items are relevant now, pretty neat. Hadn't noticed the stat enchant on bracers either.

You can use a class trial hunter to apply a Flintlocke's Woodchucker, don't have to level your own hunter for it anymore. Level 100s should be able to use it on fully upgraded BoAs with the way ilevels work out now too (tested on PTR, haven't double checked on live). Also gives you some server flexibility, since they can be hard to track down on lower pops.

The Manari BoA neck doesn't work in BGs unfortunately (or fortunately if you don't want to grind through legion order halls for a sprint). I tried it last week and got a red "This item can't be used in Battlegrounds" message.

Seconding this, it's definitely a lot to scroll through in one post. (also i tried to go through liking all the posts and couldn't believe there were only two).

Yeah, I hadn't seen anyone mention Executioner's sword before - but its super easy to get. The same vendor(s) also sell a 6str/11stam sword that may be worth grabbing for flag carrying (Blessed Sword or something?). I'm expecting a few other one-off BoEs to pop up in the comments for classes that I don''t play.

Good tip on the class trial, definitely added that. Shame on the Manari neck...that basically takes away any reason to use it.

Thanks for the responses!

Removed the ? from magefist. Added in shadow armor for leather agi users (I had forgotten it on the first one and copy pasted it to all of them). PvP power is about 2.7% damage, which looks to be better than shadow armor - but they are reasonably close and both are options. I'll also have to go through and add stats as an option to basically all the bracer enchants.

All the spirit enchants became verse. A few were actually BiS for wpvp in legion, but I don't think any are that good right now after BfA scaling. Maybe the verse to weapon for someone who expects to be flag carrying with stacks.

And +1 on the grandfathered gear questions! I won't add them to the guide, but feel free to comment with questions. I may add a few common examples (a few WFd invasion options vs current gear or something) in a different section or in comments.

I'm not quite sure the status of several items, including black widow band and the ruffian belt mentioned above. If its no longer dropping and only available on the AH, I'm probably going to skip it for the guide. Theres simply too many options from too many expansions and they tend to be very rare and pricey. Black widow band is definitely a solid glass cannon option for basically any caster.

Yeah, I hadn't seen anyone mention Executioner's sword before - but its super easy to get. The same vendor(s) also sell a 6str/11stam sword that may be worth grabbing for flag carrying (Blessed Sword or something?). I'm expecting a few other one-off BoEs to pop up in the comments for classes that I don''t play.

Good tip on the class trial, definitely added that. Shame on the Manari neck...that basically takes away any reason to use it.

Ill have to try out the pvp power myself. I just love having 66 armor (23% damage reduction). Black widow band no longer drops, but it is universally BiS for caster Dps. I completely understand not wanting to put Gfd items in the guide, but people should know there ARE BiS options available if they keep checking the AH. May not have a place in your thread and would be better served in another one.

Is Shadowfang really better than Darkwater Talwar?

Darkwater Talwar requires level 20, so is not available to level 19s. Everyone seems to tell me that its BiS for 20-29s, but I haven't actually looked. Less agility, but a better proc.

Last edited:
So I went to all the locations for Executioner's Sword is it still around?

It is. The vendor has a limited supply - which will not be shown if its 0. I'd suggest leaving a toon at a couple of the vendors so you can log in and check every so often.

Would searing blade with elemental force be better for fury? mark and force proc off the chance on hit effect dot and instant damage. I have played a few bgs with 2 executioner's sword and 2 searing I was getting better results with searing vs executioner's with crusader

Would searing blade with elemental force be better for fury? mark and force proc off the chance on hit effect dot and instant damage. I have played a few bgs with 2 executioner's sword and 2 searing I was getting better results with searing vs executioner's with crusader

The real best thing is to have two sets. One with crusader, one with ele force. You use the crusader until you get a proc and then you switch to the ele force weapon. With an ele force nerf, crusader all the way.

I'm not a huge fan of weapon procs - especially searing blade where you lose out on 12 str vs executioner's sword (in addition to the weapon damage). Maybe Black Malice as it has a normal amount of str too? Ele force is either PPM or RPPM (can't remember) - so I don't know how much having the proc helps to proc ele force. I could see ele force smoothing out some of the damage. You won't burst as hard when double crusader is going, but there will be some damage going all the time.

Last edited:
Great guide! My 2 cents:

PvP power doesn't boost damage for healing specs, so int should be better if you play aggressively.

Proof of jagged star being bis
74VQ57g.jpg

I saw you post somewhere that 1 point of agility on a rouge is worth roughly 2.5 of vers. I was wondering if this is true with the dps specs that use str. Is 1 point of str worth 2.5 vers on a fury warrior or 1 point of int worth 2.5 vers on a disc priest? This is a great guide and is very much appreciated. You sir have my vote for president!

I saw you post somewhere that 1 point of agility on a rouge is worth roughly 2.5 of vers. I was wondering if this is true with the dps specs that use str. Is 1 point of str worth 2.5 vers on a fury warrior or 1 point of int worth 2.5 vers on a disc priest? This is a great guide and is very much appreciated. You sir have my vote for president!

I did a very rough calculation simply looking at the tooltips of my rogue as I switch in gear - so that conversion is probably only accurate for rogues and prob doesn't apply to other classes/specs. Specifically comparing no neckpiece/neck w/ agi but no verse/neck with verse but no agi/neck with agi and verse.

So looking at my fury warr:
equipped | bloodthirst dmg | execute dmg | rampage dmg
no neck | 104 | 197 | 282
4 str | 106 | 202 | 290
5 verse | 105 | 199 | 287
4 str + 5 verse | 107 | 204 | 294

So using rampage as the largets numbers will show the most accurate changes, it looks like 4str gives +8 damage and 5verse gives +5 damage. Using both is a total of +12 damage instead of +13, so theres a little bit of rounding in there throwing things off slightly, but it should be close enough to use.

Execute shows 4str being worth +5 damage, 5verse being +2 and both is the +7 we expect. Same for bloodthirst.

So using rampage's numbers...
4str = 8dmg
5ver = 5dmg
20str = 40dmg = 40ver
1str = 2ver

So as a very rough guide, I'd go with that.

The real best thing is to have two sets. One with crusader, one with ele force. You use the crusader until you get a proc and then you switch to the ele force weapon.

I'm not a huge fan of weapon procs - especially searing blade where you lose out on 12 str vs executioner's sword (in addition to the weapon damage). Maybe Black Malice as it has a normal amount of str too? Ele force is either PPM or RPPM (can't remember) - so I don't know how much having the proc helps to proc ele force. I could see ele force smoothing out some of the damage. You won't burst as hard when double crusader is going, but there will be some damage going all the time.
Elemental Force is 10 RPPM

Users who are viewing this thread