Upcoming Hotfix to Prevent Level 110 Players from Turning Off XP Gains

Honestly I was just rebutting your assertion that I was the noob here.

I never said you were a noob. I said you had no concept outside your little world.... basically.

I was a co-gm of a (we might say “the”) top guild back then.

So what? That gives you the right to assume everything revolves around you? Every "twink" in the game orbits you and your locale? There's so many out there that don't even know this site exists, how is "stopping" your fellow posters a solution? It doesn't STOP anything, it just points out your own personal flaws. A glaring one looking to be egotism.

You cant stop it. Alluding otherwise is just ------> stupid. And kind of small-minded. Not even kind of.
[doublepost=1545397789,1545397549][/doublepost]Besides... the most prevalent "denouncing" around here seems to be at talking about how to exploit where blizz can see it.

Angry it'll more likely get fixed sooner.

There's nothing fundamentally "wrong" with selling runs. Guilds do it all the time. Blizz wanted to stop this particular mode... and implement a ridiculous solution. It's not sellers faults for doing what is prevalent at cap. It's really not.

101 did exactly the same thing all through legion. Where was the outcry then?

I've never sold either, and I never will... but it's not "wrong". Just twisting Blizz's undies at the moment.

Last edited:
Look as long as it’s a known risk people should stop it. If 101s flew under the radar great. Hopefully if they got negative attention from blizzard most would stop.

As I said I’ve seen community pressure work so I know from experience it can make an impact. You’re a theorist and I’m operating from empiracal experience. Actual result trump theory.

As I said I’ve seen community pressure work

IT CANT WORK ON PEOPLE NOT IN YOUR COMMUNITY.

How can you be so self-absorbed to believe only your community be responsible? YOU CANT STOP IT. Blizz will.

The real WoW community already stopped the poor idea they had in mind. You are a very very very tiny spec of nothing.
[doublepost=1545398595,1545398451][/doublepost]I guarantee you there are people doing this that don't even know Blizz posted they were going to hotfix it.

How does admonishing your fellow XPoff member for doing nothing wrong stop those people?

This isn't your tiny little locked XP snowflake PvP bracket. This is full-on BfA content. NOT XPoff exclusive.

myt you support fragbelts from a 3 day bug but are againts 110’s who aren’t exploiting in any way?

how is this different than a pvper selling arena carries? or a guild selling mythic pve carries? you play in games and group with the most garbage of exploiters.leg/shoulder kits, need i say more? sooooooo shhhhhhh

The idea that since everyone isn’t on xpoff that denouncing it here will have zero impact is simply absurd.

myt you support fragbelts from a 3 day bug but are againts 110’s who aren’t exploiting in any way?

how is this different than a pvper selling arena carries? or a guild selling mythic pve carries? you play in games and group with the most garbage of exploiters.leg/shoulder kits, need i say more? sooooooo shhhhhhh

Although I don’t use a frag belt I don’t denounce them correct. I don’t consider it an exploit FYI since it was in game shortly, but regardless even if I did it they question is would it be putting twinking at risk? No. I’m less denouncing this practice historically as saying wtf can’t you knock it off once you know you’re in the crosshairs? It’s pragmatism.

You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You’re lucky you caught me on a pleasant morning when I’m busy with work. You’re condenscending and mistakenly think you’re the intellectual alpha dog here. If we continue to tangle one day I’ll show you how I deal with people like you.

I think this fits pretty well here
2.png

Just a few thoughts...
As far as I can tell Blizzard is primarily concerned with lower end of the bracket, people doing specific content too quickly (ie Islands).

Now I don't really see a problem with with what 110s/111s are doing.
(Disclaimer, i do have 110s and 111s but have never sold runs, I just enjoy killing things in PVE quickly)
As far as I know, 110s are using best in slot (and primarily legendaries from the last expansion) to blaze through content. It doesn't matter what that content is dungeons, raids or islands.
This stuff is in the game and none of it is an exploit or illegal, none are bugged item levels or anything of the sort.
In past expansions people have powerleveled friends or sold runs through dungeons on a geared character and that is really not any different.

On 111s, much of the above still applies, other than adding additional expansion items. But thats really not all that different from 101s, or other older examples from previous expansions.

Ultimately if blizz has issue with people either powerleveling too much or clearing content too quickly, then the answer is for blizzard to target whatever they have issue with, with surgical precision as opposed to bringing down the Doomhammer on the entire bracket...

And on the idea of self regulating... what is there to self regulate? Leveling others too quickly cause you are in BiS at the ideal level? Sigh.
And that is assuming you could even get people to self regulate in the first place, telling people to stop earning perfectly legal gold...
good luck with that one.

Last edited:
You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You’re lucky you caught me on a pleasant morning when I’m busy with work. You’re condenscending and mistakenly think you’re the intellectual alpha dog here. If we continue to tangle one day I’ll show you how I deal with people like you.

lmfao, wtf is this shit.

"how I deal with people like you", a swift click of the ignore button right? This is a forum....I know twinks love to bluster but holy shit, this is cringe as hell.

You know if Blizzard never implemented scaling mobs, this wouldn't be an issue. Ironicly they incorperated scaling because people were leveling through content too fast, and now look what's happening.

Reactions: MYT
Woah look out guys!

What alliance toons are running around on US with nowadays? I’ll make sure to take an extra crap on you if I see you.

As for the rest of you making me out to be the toxic one after I tried to be reasonable with a jackass who kept making invalid points combined with ad hominem attacks...grow up. You’re mad that someone is here calling out how you’re becoming to toxic to twinking in general by drawing Blizzard’s wrath. Do something about it if you don’t like it then. I’m capable of getting ignorant myself but I’d rather take it out on you in game if I see you. Maybe you should try the same, if you have any skillls that is (which, sadly, is unlikely).

What alliance toons are running around on US with nowadays? I’ll make sure to take an extra crap on you if I see you.

As for the rest of you making me out to be the toxic one after I tried to be reasonable with a jackass who kept making invalid points combined with ad hominem attacks...grow up. You’re mad that someone is here calling out how you’re becoming to toxic to twinking in general by drawing Blizzard’s wrath. Do something about it if you don’t like it then. I’m capable of getting ignorant myself but I’d rather take it out on you in game if I see you. Maybe you should try the same, if you have any skillls that is (which, sadly, is unlikely).
WOOOAAAH! Step back lads!!!

You missed the point. Idiots at 19 (and it’s a toxic bracket) aren’t bringing blizzard’s wrath down on twinking. The groups I mentioned are. That’s literally what the only issue is here. If the “fix” is to say turn off the ability to turn off xp it destroys ALL of twinking simply because some idiots wanted to make some gold. Anyone that isn’t denouncing that behavior simply doesn’t deserve to be defended.

I haven’t seen a single person in the bracket trying to organize stopping the behavior putting everyone at risk. That includes you. So get off your high horse until you grow some balls and do the right thing.

But 19s did get Blizzard's attention with exploiting gear, very recently. Blizz handed out bans for it (mostly temporary from what I was told). Your opinion, and that's all it is, that people are idiots for selling runs only comes when Blizz addresses the issue. I doubt you cared about this a few days ago. Your stance that anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't deserve to be defended is irrelevant, there's no exploiting or cheating going on. Players can play how they want and I could not care less about how it affects you as long as I am A) having fun and B) not exploiting or cheating.

As for your expectation that people will organize something to stop this, the majority of people doing this do nothing but sell runs. They don't pvp and they're not part of communities where outside influence will change what they do.

The risk right now is this bracket. Why can’t the bracket self regulate to mitigate the risk that we all get wow ruined for us?

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. There are *2* brackets here. 110 is separate from 111-119 and 111-119 is primarily filled with 119s who do nothing but iPvP. Leave them out of your twink crusade.

Yes I understand you can’t stop everyone. But if the community took a stance and started excluding people that continued it would stop most of it.... the perfect need not be the enemy of the good enough.

The majority of 110s selling runs don't associate with other twinks. They make these characters just for this purpose and are not part of the community here. An attempt at excluding them (still unsure at what you're trying to exclude them from, exactly) would be completely ineffective.

Here's an example of a guy on Illidan I've talked to, it goes like this: He logs off his 120 to make some gold quickly before his guild raids. He advertises in trade that he can take up to 2 people through islands in 4-7 minutes at a cost of 4k gold per run. He gets 2 buyers, sometimes 120s join for the quick azerite even. He runs for an hour or so, mails the gold to his 120, logs off and gets back on his 120, buys some consumables for him and his guildies and then raids. He has no interaction with other 110s. He doesn't pvp. He doesn't care about how it might affect lower brackets, and in my opinion I don't think he should care. He pays his monthly fee just like everyone else.

It’s hard to find a coherent thought in that rambling bundle of BS, but the gist appears to be “I’m an ignorant MF who doesn’t give a sh!t if I ruin twinking for everyone because I spend every day of my life only caring about my immediate desires and hence I’m miserable af”.

Can’t tell if you’re from Detroit or northern Cali but both would explain that attitude. I mean Northern Cal is literally littered with only needles and human feces, and you don’t look like a needle.

On a more serious note I always appreciate someone else pointing out that my opinion is only my opinion. That’s so hard to remember so appreciate your insight!

Users who are viewing this thread