Upcoming Hotfix to Prevent Level 110 Players from Turning Off XP Gains

I'm sorry to hear this guys, many of you are losing much beloved characters that you have worked very hard on. This ham-fisted hotfix style by Bliz is unacceptable. I recommend just leaving any particularly favoured twinks offline as I imagine this bracket will be unhotfixed in the next 2 years. Bliz does not like one part of the game to be different from the rest. This does not bode well for twinks in general as it shows Bliz has little regard for us.

First they came for the 110-119s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 110-119
Then they came for the GFd players
And I did not speak out
Because I was not GFd
Then they came for the 70s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 70
Then they came for the 19s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 19
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me

I'm sorry to hear this guys, many of you are losing much beloved characters that you have worked very hard on. This ham-fisted hotfix style by Bliz is unacceptable. I recommend just leaving any particularly favoured twinks offline as I imagine this bracket will be unhotfixed in the next 2 years. Bliz does not like one part of the game to be different from the rest. This does not bode well for twinks in general as it shows Bliz has little regard for us.

First they came for the 110-119s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 110-119
Then they came for the GFd players
And I did not speak out
Because I was not GFd
Then they came for the 70s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 70
Then they came for the 19s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 19
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me

Read the thread. They backed off this decision real quick with the outrage.

The idea that other twinks must stick up for 110s/111s/119s is absurd. Those "twinks" are doing stuff that putting twinking in general at risk for their own personal gain. Not only won't I stick up for that group - I'll happily throw them under the bus if they can't self regulate. I'm not going to see queues separated again and no or very slow pops in most brackets because some asshat wants some gold

The idea that other twinks must stick up for 110s/111s/119s is absurd. Those "twinks" are doing stuff that putting twinking in general at risk for their own personal gain. Not only won't I stick up for that group - I'll happily throw them under the bus if they can't self regulate. I'm not going to see queues separated again and no or very slow pops in most brackets because some asshat wants some gold
Yeah, because all 110/111/119s "are doing stuff that putting twinking in general at risk for their own personal gain", right?!

Where do I begin? How about I'll start with 119s. You make yourself sound very ignorant to the fact that you included 119s in your statement. They don't powerlevel anyone, nor do they sell island runs because they don't do it any better than a 120 does.

Next, not all 110-119 do islands. Not all of them PvP. Not all of them sell runs. Stop lumping them all together as if they're all doing the same thing. Also, do you know anything about twinking? Do you realize how many people play multiple brackets? You can't read through a thread on these forums without seeing a signature that lists multiple twinks in multiple separate brackets. A lot of 110-119s (myself included) play in multiple brackets on the regular.

Oh, and since we're broadly stereotyping people for ruining it for others I'll just cast you in the lot of the people who abused obtaining high item level gear and used them to completely dominate in pvp. Because, you know, you're one of them twinks. Right?

No I didn’t do that actually (or even know it happened until you just said it actually, but...

You missed the point. Idiots at 19 (and it’s a toxic bracket) aren’t bringing blizzard’s wrath down on twinking. The groups I mentioned are. That’s literally what the only issue is here. If the “fix” is to say turn off the ability to turn off xp it destroys ALL of twinking simply because some idiots wanted to make some gold. Anyone that isn’t denouncing that behavior simply doesn’t deserve to be defended. The fact that Blizzard hasn’t suggested that yet is irrelevant. What’s obvious is the powers that be there are pissed at twinks right now and have their focus on fixing a problem that twinks created.

I haven’t seen a single person in the bracket trying to organize stopping the behavior putting everyone at risk. That includes you. So get off your high horse until you grow some balls and do the right thing.

No I didn’t do that actually (or even know it happened until you just said it actually, but...

You missed the point. Idiots at 19 (and it’s a toxic bracket) aren’t bringing blizzard’s wrath down on twinking. The groups I mentioned are. That’s literally what the only issue is here. If the “fix” is to say turn off the ability to turn off xp it destroys ALL of twinking simply because some idiots wanted to make some gold. Anyone that isn’t denouncing that behavior simply doesn’t deserve to be defended. The fact that Blizzard hasn’t suggested that yet is irrelevant. What’s obvious is the powers that be there are pissed at twinks right now and have their focus on fixing a problem that twinks created.

I haven’t seen a single person in the bracket trying to organize stopping the behavior putting everyone at risk. That includes you. So get off your high horse until you grow some balls and do the right thing.

Oh sorry, what he meant to say was you win traded back in the day and contributed to the loss of lower level rated pvp. Ring any bells?

No it doesn’t lol because I’ve never played 70......

Just for the record I am someone that denounces those things when they occur. Always have been. I also take breaks (one for for many years) so I miss a lot of this stuff.

The risk right now is this bracket. Why can’t the bracket self regulate to mitigate the risk that we all get wow ruined for us?

I am someone that denounces those things when they occur.

Stopped no one ever.

I've denounced a hell lot more than you in my WoW lifetime, and it stopped exactly zero people. Random anonymous people on the internet have zero impact on other random anonymous people's actions. You think because you say "don't do it" everyone will stop?

Tiny, tiny mind.

Yes I understand you can’t stop everyone. But if the community took a stance and started excluding people that continued it would stop most of it.... the perfect need not be the enemy of the good enough.

Stopped no one ever.

I don’t agree. People collectively were able to cut down on bad behaviors. 19 had a real problem with DDOSing sadly. So many, myself included, started calling people out on it publicly in both voice and forums. It had a real impact. Today that’s not a problem in 19 - partially because of that.

Again, I have yet to see a single player in that bracket denouncing the behavior. Will you do so?
[doublepost=1545396263,1545396228][/doublepost]Exclude from all organized activities, guild kicks, etc.

Stopped no one ever.

I've denounced a hell lot more than you in my WoW lifetime, and it stopped exactly zero people. Random anonymous people on the internet have zero impact on other random anonymous people's actions. You think because you say "don't do it" everyone will stop?

Tiny, tiny mind.

Considering that your wow lifetime is shorter than mine, I wouldn’t be so sure about that.
Not going to digress into who has the tinier mind right now.
[doublepost=1545396455,1545396368][/doublepost]
I already offered that everyone grouped with an XP locked player receive no XP in IE. How's that not denouncing??

Let's review:

You suggested an alternative for Blizzard rather than turning xp off. That’s fine but isn’t the same as telling the idiots continuing to put everyone at risk to knock it off.

Considering that your wow lifetime is shorter than mine,

Over 25000 posts on the old forums, how about you?

I have 19's with PvP titles, how about you? They aren't "twinked"... but they didn't need to be to get them.

edit- sorry, 12000... numbers crossed.

Last edited:
You’ll actually meet nobody else in this game with more twinks with pvp titles than I’m running around with. And they were twinked. I was denouncing idiots on the blizzard forums back when they was the only option. I appreciate that you’re old school - but I’m just saying I’m literally as old school as it gets. :)

So how are you trying to compare lifetimes? By number in the same timeframe?

edit- I started sometime early 2005? I think? So how are you going to say my "shorter WoW lifetime" isn't valid?

I am the original "white night" of denouncing poor twink behavior... do you even know who I am? So how can you speak?

Oh dayum… it is 25000 forums posts, I was looking at achievement points. LOL. 26,587 to be exact. o_O

Last edited:
So how are you trying to compare lifetimes? By number in the same timeframe?

edit- I started sometime early 2005? I think? So how are you going to say my "shorter WoW lifetime" isn't valid?

I am the original "white night" of denouncing poor twink behavior... do you even know who I am?

Yes that few extra months I have makes the difference! Honestly I was just rebutting your assertion that I was the noob here. The fact that I started at launch therefore a few months before you does seem irrelevant.
[doublepost=1545397336,1545397038][/doublepost]Do I know who you are? No. I was a co-gm of a (we might say “the”) top guild back then. I was only focused on other top players / guilds. Twinks were legion then.

Users who are viewing this thread