Upcoming Hotfix to Prevent Level 110 Players from Turning Off XP Gains

'Since the launch of Battle for Azeroth, we’ve noticed an increasing trend of players still having fun with the game so To curb this behavior, we plan to implement a hotfix in the coming days that will disable all the fun again'

Last edited:
Reactions: Fez
Will obviously be a while... but if you don’t want your toons to level you could always not log in on them until next expansion. Still- this really is unfortunate. Hope they don’t come for the rest of us

Ythisens
175 posts
Community Manager
We’ve been thinking about this plan more today and agree that there are probably better ways to approach this issue. We’re going to hold off on this for the time being while we discuss.

Wow, I literally just got done unsubbing. I'm glad they listened.

So Blizzard was going to end 110-119 twinks.. within an hour, over two thousand twinks complained and threatened to unsub immediately. Then they said oops, maybe we’ll take a different approach. WELCOME BACK TWINKS!

Well, I'm glad they thought better of it... what a knuckle-headed, knee-jerk decision. NJ, all, for helping change their mind.

Don't they have bigger endgame issues to fix? How does this affect endgame, where they claim all their effort is directed at?
Also up next, 20s shall no longer be able to equip gear cuz 20twinks can beat 21 levelers

don't think it's about subscription numbers, maybe 119 twinks are causin server crashes with unpredicted AK numbers

It is about the fact that people aren't playing max level content. I highly doubt blizzard cares about people leveling faster, but what they do care about is looking at their metrics and seeing that people would rather run old content on XP locked chars than play their garbage 120 content.

If 110s go away, so does my sub. It is the only reason I am still playing.

120 is garbage. I can't even be bothered to do 120 content outside the rares for pets in the warfronts.

Last edited:
im really dissappointed.... i enjoyed this 110 twinking more than the endgame content blizzard created for us, and we find enjoyment into stuff that they don't created and they just take it away :C... FUN DETECTED! FUN DELETED!

Long may you reign over your kingdom of ash blizz...

Before all of you panic and unsubscribe, please read the part where it says “BLIZZARD IS NO LONGER TURNING XP GAINS ON.” They introduced the idea, we shut it down, and now they’re thinking of a new approach. I’m sure it will entail some sort of nerf to 110s, whether it be the inability to do IEs or a nerf in IEs, but they aren’t going to ruin it all.

No doubt the nerf to BFA gemming into older gear was a first step in this direction, just showing how oblivious they are.

First step: fix nothing.
Second step: ruin everything.
Third step: ???
Fourth step: Profit.

They are the underpants gnomes of MMORPG. Let that sink in....

Users who are viewing this thread