Upcoming Hotfix to Prevent Level 110 Players from Turning Off XP Gains

Read the thread. They backed off this decision real quick with the outrage.
Do you have any updates on the state of 110s from the original post and Blizzards half ass reply? I am making my twinks now and really enjoying it but wondering what the outcome of the changes will be.
[doublepost=1547138065,1547137922][/doublepost]
Do you have any updates on the state of 110s from the original post and Blizzards half ass reply? I am making my twinks now and really enjoying it but wondering what the outcome of the changes will be.

I did read it, and saw that post - was just curious if they have updated anything since.

[doublepost=1547138065,1547137922][/doublepost]

I did read it, and saw that post - was just curious if they have updated anything since.

Blizz did several things to the islands, and a quick search of the official forums can give details. The simple way to put it,

they announced the xpoff feature being disabled for 110s

Within hours, blizz made a post saying they are considering different options.

8.1 makes numerous changes to how the islands work

Blizz makes a post asking for feedback about the changes.

Here we are......

One new thing I have noticed with islands is that some specific mobs hit very, very hard suddenly. Harder than before the patch. This is not true for all the mobs in islands as most are still on par with the damage before the patch. I was hit by a poison bomb for over 65k on my 15% versatility 110 DH in Havoc. Other non-elites have cast DD spells that have done upwards of 40k+ damage.

If I were a fresh 110+ leveler, with average gear, that would 1 shot me with plenty of overkill damage. A non-elite should not be able to 1 shot anyone with a direct damage spell in islands. That would be the equivalent of a non-elite casting a shadow bolt on a 120 for over 120k. Rare elites might be doing stuff like that, but a regular mob? Come on...

Maybe this was Blizz's temp fix to keep us from pulling 50+ mobs at a time? A couple of those landing and nothing is going to survive.

One new thing I have noticed with islands is that some specific mobs hit very, very hard suddenly. Harder than before the patch. This is not true for all the mobs in islands as most are still on par with the damage before the patch. I was hit by a poison bomb for over 65k on my 15% versatility 110 DH in Havoc. Other non-elites have cast DD spells that have done upwards of 40k+ damage.

If I were a fresh 110+ leveler, with average gear, that would 1 shot me with plenty of overkill damage. A non-elite should not be able to 1 shot anyone with a direct damage spell in islands. That would be the equivalent of a non-elite casting a shadow bolt on a 120 for over 120k. Rare elites might be doing stuff like that, but a regular mob? Come on...

Maybe this was Blizz's temp fix to keep us from pulling 50+ mobs at a time? A couple of those landing and nothing is going to survive.
from what ive experienced there has always been a few mobs who can 2 or even 1 shot you. for the most part these attacks can be interrupted and a group of leveling players working the island one set of mobs at a time can handle them. if not and they wipe the crrature/npc doesn’t heal back so the group doesnt have to start over
from the beginning to kill it. when we mass pull mobs the rare elites get lost in the shuffle and end up free casting us to death. ive pretty much stopped pulling rares until the 3rd wave. the beaches get so packed full with them its an easy way to finish.

I haven't noticed any hits as big as 65k but I definitely get deleted now and again because there are groups that have several mobs capable of casting for 15-20k each and they all start doing it when they get in range at the same time

from what ive experienced there has always been a few mobs who can 2 or even 1 shot you. for the most part these attacks can be interrupted and a group of leveling players working the island one set of mobs at a time can handle them. if not and they wipe the crrature/npc doesn’t heal back so the group doesnt have to start over
from the beginning to kill it. when we mass pull mobs the rare elites get lost in the shuffle and end up free casting us to death. ive pretty much stopped pulling rares until the 3rd wave. the beaches get so packed full with them its an easy way to finish.

Yes, some rare/rare elites have always hit hard. And yes, some of the casts are ground targeted or interruptible so you can technically avoid them. However, I am talking about specific spells that suddenly hit harder than before. I have been hit by a poison bomb for 30k+ before the patch, no big deal because I was stupid enough to stand in it. But 65k? Even if I had my defensive up it would have killed me. More specifically there are mobs who cast bolts/DD spells that are doing far too much damage. I tested out some islands on my 120s. I was getting hit for some direct damage spells for 35-45k from a few non-elites. How are these non-elite mobs (not rares, either) hitting my 110 for the SAME damage as my 120?

Again, this is not all mobs, this is not all spells, but it is specific mobs and specific spells. One that I recall seeing do this is the non-elite faceless tentacle guy. He cast a bolt that hit me for over 40k. Other mobs bolts hit me for a quarter of that... My only idea is that Blizz may have forgot to tone/scale the damage of some NPCs against sub-120 players?

my gameplan has definitely changed since the islands update/changes.i went from trying to keep moving and pull everything in sight to rounding up smaller packs and finishing them off before moving on.smaller pulls but more of them. that way if there is a bad ass elite or 2 in the pack i can focus them or run away to heal while they catch up.

The Faceless guys also cast a debuff that increases your shadow damage taken- I've had it stack five times on me before he unleashes his nuke.

Another targetted 8.1 change is the azerite elementals and their over-the-top amounts of CC.

Reactions: MYT
I'm sorry to hear this guys, many of you are losing much beloved characters that you have worked very hard on. This ham-fisted hotfix style by Bliz is unacceptable. I recommend just leaving any particularly favoured twinks offline as I imagine this bracket will be unhotfixed in the next 2 years. Bliz does not like one part of the game to be different from the rest. This does not bode well for twinks in general as it shows Bliz has little regard for us.

First they came for the 110-119s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 110-119
Then they came for the GFd players
And I did not speak out
Because I was not GFd
Then they came for the 70s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 70
Then they came for the 19s
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a 19