EU+US Player from XP OFF asked for the separation

Discussion in 'Level 10-19' started by shanker, Mar 15, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Grandfathered

Didn’t say active my friend.
    Besides, the Asian servers have an awful lot of video gamer players. A lot of video game players that are willing to blow a lot more gold than their western counterparts on WoW. Just look at the token prices. They average 2.5-3x US prices. (That’s a entirely different discussion).
    The largest portion of the WoW subscribers is probably in the Asian countries. Thus making most of the Twinks part of the Asian countries. Just because you haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
    Free your mind and the rest will follow.

/cheers

2. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

I know the internet is confusing to you boomers, what with yall getting scammed out of your life savings every time a nice Nigerian prince asks for money but like...

You do know posts you've made before can be read, right? Like, they don't disappear.

3. jcochran

jcochran Member

You sir have the first post I've seen about the split that is actually reasonable. Thank you.

One thing a lot of people here need to realize is how much effort Blizzard has had to do because of complaints from the PvP community. Let's start at the beginning with Vanilla. Remember how Horde had Shamans while Alliance had Paladins? That was a deliberate decision by Blizzard so that each faction would have an unique feel. But that decision required Blizzard to balance Shaman against Paladins. And the result of this effort over all those patches? Well, there came Burning Crusade and Blizzard figuratively threw up their arms and said "Fuck it! We'll give both factions Paladins and Shamans." Then the battle continues. "Class XYZ is OP, nerf it!" Guess what people? PvE players are not making those nerf requests, PvP players are. And the patches continue, "Fear is OP! Nerf it!", "Class DEF is underpowered. Buff it!" This list goes on and on. Complaint and request after another. Sometimes to buff one's own class. Sometimes to nerf someone else's class. But those requests for patches and hot fixes are not coming from PvE players, but from only PvP players. In fact, many of those patches and changes at the request of the PvP community actually HARM the PvE community. The PvE community has no interest in nerfing other classes since their power is useful to the community as a whole in dungeons and raids. They may whine a little when some other class outperforms them on DPS or healing meters, but in general they don't really care. And finally when a sub community of a sub community goes too far and pisses off too many, Blizzard finally takes steps to isolate that sub-sub-community so the larger population is happier.

4. Methical

Methical Member

How can it be a better leveling experience when nothing has changed? in fact my winrate went up from 90% to 100% on my non twink characters. theres no difference if i'm graveyard farming on them in heirlooms or twink gear

5. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Grandfathered

I said it once and I’ll say it again.
    I have often observed those that make comments on other’s ages are the ones that seem to have the issues with there own.
    BTW, that’s called ‘projection’.

/cheers

6. Chops

I've observed that those who focus on off hand comments and jabs are uncomfortable with the direction the actual argument is taking.

BTW, thats called "deflection"

/chairs

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Burg

Burg <Nagaz With Attitudez>

Just feel like leaving my opinion cuz bored....

I like the separation :D

8. jwl

jwl FC - Pagle

I never claimed to be the most experienced player. However, I have likely invested more time and effort into twinking than a fair 95% of users here. Not once have I said anyone was wrong. Nor have I said I was right: If you could comprehend things as intended, you'd understand that what I was stating is MY OPINION and MY THOUGHS - Not factual statements.
    I was open minded as far as critiques, and appreciate the few who did have reasonable, civilized cases with me. Compare those individuals to yourself or the majority of others who cant handle unpopular opinions.

And if you must know, I was "blacklisted" for no reason whatsoever (possibly I was too entertaining?)
    This is the conversation that got me removed. A trollish-banter between a friend & myself.
    He and many others agree that I've done nothing wrong. However, My ban served its time & I have returned to 39s.

Screenshot (110).png

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Chops

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I cared beyond the effort of just mocking you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Warglave

Warglave Member

Everything I see in that post makes me sad at how clueless you are, friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. The Saint

The Saint I won't like you

And it's every one else's opinion you did... I'll give you that you're entertaining though, just not in the way you like to think.

12. jwl

jwl FC - Pagle

Elaborate or shutup

13. Bestworld

Bestworld MBA

@Chops stahp, you're killing me man, LMAO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kirise

Kirise Member

Nothing has changed for you. And indeed, any twink who solo-queue exploits into an XP-on BG or just throws on a set of enchanted heirlooms and levels through BGs won't see much of a difference, because the combination of gear and skill will outclass most levelers by that much. You're going to lead a blowout no matter what.

But while twinks show up in most integrated BGs, they rarely show up in segregated BGs. That reduces (though far from eliminates) blowouts. Add to that the fact that most twinks are not particularly skilled players (not trashing on twinks, just saying that the skill curve in twinking isn't much different than the skill curve for levelers), then it starts to make sense why Blizzard re-segregated BGs.

Bottom line: it is indeed a better leveling experience as long as we're not there, and far more battlegrounds happen without us now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Warglave

Warglave Member

Unless you mean without us physically in them that may be too early to say. Arent the queues longer? XPon?

Likely simply because of the patch, but temporary higher BG activity could be due to that too. I don't think you can claim there's more/less of anything just yet, because there's so many more factors than just re-segregation affecting the games.

edit- and on the other part I didn't quote, i'm sure it's not worse. ;)

16. Kirise

Kirise Member

Good point -- I chose my words badly. I meant that a far greater proportion of games happen without twinks. True, the total number of games in a given time period have certainly dropped for now, so it's early yet to see the results of Blizzard's segregation. But I don't think there are many more factors beyond that. Lower- and mid-level class balance has been better this expansion than in any other time in the history of WoW (that I've played), and word isn't out yet that the segregation is back. Sure, forumgoers know, but they make up the minority of players.

17. Warglave

Warglave Member

After reading it again I thought so. Agreed. Much less chance of seeing us.

18. LennywBT

LennywBT SpeeDIO

Good job Blissard. ☺

19. Chops

Maybe, but even if it is, you gotta understand the leveler mindset.

They BG between questing. It's a diversion for them. Going from a 5 minute que to a 10 minute que is just going from "quest, bg quest, bg" to "quest, quest bg, quest, quest, bg". Its not a big deal. Most of them probably wont even notice and even less will care.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)