Fastest SFK Farming Possible

I heard mass pulling and Aoeing reduces drop chance of blues. Is this just a myth or nawh?

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_012515_133253.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_012515_133253.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 292
Protip: Be an enchanter (only a trade skill of 50 is needed) be in a group (the other member doesn't have to be online) set loot to group loot. All greens and blues will come up as loot being rolled for and you can easily press "Disenchant" to get it instantly disenchanted into your bags. I ended up with 1k Strange Dust, with a sell price of 2-4g each.

Strange Dust sells good aswell :)

:'( Ive gotten 5 mindthrust, 1 gloom, 1 guillotine axe, 1 face smasher and 1 black ice or whatever in my 50 runs so far. No shadowfangs :(
1 gloom in 50 runs isn't nowhere near a sadface. 200 runs here no SF and no Gloom

I'm very curious about this as well. Whats the best killing strategy for sfk?
I STRONGLY doubt that aoe'ing has any effect on loot. Obviously the numbers to back that up are not there, but it doesn't really seem like something that Blizzard would go out of their way to program in.

What does seem to happen though is mobs glitch out and reset or disappear or something if you try to pull them too far. If you try to pull the whole instance at once I don't think you actually get all the mobs at the end.

I STRONGLY doubt that aoe'ing has any effect on loot. Obviously the numbers to back that up are not there, but it doesn't really seem like something that Blizzard would go out of their way to program in.

What does seem to happen though is mobs glitch out and reset or disappear or something if you try to pull them too far. If you try to pull the whole instance at once I don't think you actually get all the mobs at the end.

After 1st boss you can pull all mobs up to 4th boss. Some of the mobs will disappear however if you kill the boss associated with them before killing them.

After 1st boss you can pull all mobs up to 4th boss. Some of the mobs will disappear however if you kill the boss associated with them before killing them.
I think that is what I was doing wrong then, I was killing the bosses in their spots along the way and trying to pull everything else. It was probably causing a phase change and losing 1/2 the mobs.

I'm very curious about this as well. Whats the best killing strategy for sfk?
It really doesn't affect your drop chance........
I think that is what I was doing wrong then, I was killing the bosses in their spots along the way and trying to pull everything else. It was probably causing a phase change and losing 1/2 the mobs.
You can pull from after 1st boss until Walden, where you will have to wait for the gates to open after you have killed him, and onwards to Godfrey without killing any other bosses or loosing mobs from phasing

I heard there was recently a significant reduction of low-level drops for high-level characters to try to reduce botting. Has anyone else noticed this? I spent the weekend on my lvl100's running through the usual ICC, TK, BT and didn't get much for greens. I run SFK every once in a while, and I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a reduced drop rate there. If so, is there a way around it? Do I need to have my twink on follow as I smash through?

No, there changed nothing I think, it's just about rng: last 13 runs no drop...last week: 6 runs and 4 rare drops...
In total 139 runs: 78. and 79. and 114. run dropped a gloom, got so many mtb's and face smashers...not a single sf yet ;D still trying ^^
But I can confirm: drop rate doesn't change, always farming with a 100 rogue...

Last edited by a moderator:
So does all the +run speed stuff stack? So far I only did the 130% stuff you usually use on a twink. Wondering if it is worth while to do the Cenarion Expedition grind and level up JC and whatnot for the rest.

AB Boots + Enchant
Gift of Cloak Enchant
Meta Gem
Cenarion Expedition Staff
JC Trinket

Yep all stacks! OG STATUS OF SPEED!

Really good and helpful guide, lately i have been farming SF with my p2p account.

What would make this guide totally fantastic is a video of showing people how should they do it. And in it, the set of gear you need (speed increase).

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Really good and helpful guide, lately i have been farming SF with my p2p account.

What would make this guide totally fantastic is a video of showing people how should they do it. And in it, the set of gear you need (speed increase).

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

I've moved on from doing WoW videos as I simply don't have the hard drive space and the resources to do so. But I will consider it. I know the speed section is a little out of date because they changed some of the speed buff stacking. One of the big issues is that things change greatly depending on classes so I just gave my route to try to keep it simple information that anyone can use.

Thank you very much for the comment!

Users who are viewing this thread