Fastest SFK Farming Possible

Mocha

Legendary
Introduction:

As many of you know, as of 6.0 the zone drops in Shadowfang Keep have been buffed in drop rate. I speculate that this is the same for all dungeons, but can only confirm for SFK.

A few people have come to me about how we should have kept this on the down low and are upset that Shadowfangs and Gloomshrouds etc are easier to obtain now as many people have been seeking to make a huge profit on the few that they have available.

However I'd much rather EVERYONE have free Shadowfangs etc than to financially benefit from others lack of knowledge.

If you're looking to farm your Shadowfangs, this guide will give you all the info you need.
Although farming zone drops in SFK is now achievable, it is by no means constant or easy. The drop rate for each zone drop is still considerably low, however, now some of the drops that were thought to be nearly grandfathered are now able to drop from trash mobs in the instance as well. This includes Shadowfang, Assassin's Blade, Duskbringer, Gloomshroud, Necroweave Robes, and more.

You will want to loot all mobs and all chests to maximize your chances at zone drops. This includes locked chests.

To maximize efficiency, only stop once you've reached a chest. You should also use a Battle Horn if you need to quickly grab as many mobs as possible. I use Arcane Torrent to pull the horses.

Since you'll need to pick lock boxes, need a single AOE and be as fast as possible, I suggest using a sub rogue specced into burst of speed if possible. This makes for extremely speedy and complete runs.

Kills Per Hour:

With 6.0 the limit of instance entries before you become locked out have increased from 5 to 10. This means you can do 10 runs maximum an hour at 6 minutes per run. With that being said, your runs should be as close to 6 minutes as possible and with as many mob kills as possible.

The strategy is to find your pace where you can kill as many mobs as possible and run out of the instance as close to 6 minutes as possible.

I suggest clearing up to and including lord Walden only as depending on your speed with chests this should allow you just enough time to exit, run in and reset.

You are only missing a small handful of mobs at the end of the instance. Your time will be used more wisely if you kill as many mobs as possible per hour. Running all the way to Walden and out by following my route will allow you to check every chest spawn location and gather all mobs.

If you have a faster movement speed you can continue further if you'd like but be sure to exit out of the instance as close to 6 minutes even as possible.

With 6.0 some movement speed increasing items now stack. The list of some items that will increase your run speed can be found here

Instance Reset Macro (courtesy of Zae )

HTML:
/script ResetInstances();
/click StaticPopup1Button1

Route:
LycZDga.jpg

*Kill all mobs before first boss to prevent them from despawning

Bag Space:
You will need as many open bag slots as you can obtain. While farming for Rare Zone Drops you will encounter an abundance of junk such as food, juice, gray junk items, white common gear and more. I personally do not bother with looting green Uncommon drops as I'm looking to save as much time as possible and mailing off greens every few runs is of no interest to me. It is up to you on whether or not you want to loot greens, however I advise you skip them as we're focusing on Rare Zone Drops.

Cloth, ores, gems etc stack up to 200 now which gives you a good reason to loot these items. You can mail them off every few hours if you gain too many stacks. These trade goods do well on the auction house.

SmartLoot Addon:
Warning: Be cautions of when you have SmartLoot enabled and on which characters! I suggest you only turn it on whilst you're farming and then immediately do not forget to take it off.

If your SmartLoot is not working, you need to type /reload after you either enable the add-on or disable the add-on via the interface.

I have found a lovely add-on available on Curse.com and via the Curse Client that will be your best friend when it comes to farming SFK. This add-on will delete whichever items you do not wish to loot and it loots items considerably faster than traditional auto looting.

I do not bother with Uncommon items and below as they fill up bag space. Henceforth, my looting threshold is set to Rare
eOEKHFg.png

Set up like this, your character will quickly loot everything and instantly delete everything that isn't Rare in quality. I suggest you customize your loot filters so you can keep some items that you do want.

To do so, find the Type Filters tab:
wQR1Ai1.png

At this window you'll be able to select exactly what you want to keep:
WOwnAfu.png

For SFK I have mine set up to loot Rares, Potions, Gems, Alchemy, Books, Cooking, Engineering, First Aid, and Tailoring Recipies, Cloth, Devices, Herbs, Leather Goods, and Metal and Stone.

RNG is RNG. This may take you 3 runs or 150 to get the items you desire.

After 3 runs of farming, I have obtained the first confirmed drop of Shadowfang post 6.0. Shortly after I have received multiple Assassin's Blades, Night Reavers and more.

t8t69y.jpg

Best of luck and happy farming,
Mocha

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if this is a glitch for the drop rate, or was it intentional as it could affect wether or not they will be available in the near future.

Does anyone know if this is a glitch for the drop rate, or was it intentional as it could affect wether or not they will be available in the near future.
These are the drop rates that were implemented back when the game was created but were ruined when the mob levels were nerfed back in TBC which took these items out of the loot tables of the mobs that were supposed to drop them. With the exception of Witching Stave, Mindthrust Bracers, Face Smasher etc.

Meaning the way things are NOW are fixed back to how they should be.

If ur in group with someone who is offline, u can just click on the corpse and blue/green items and recipes will pop up to need/greed on! saves alot of time and u will make sure to not miss an item! and incase u missclick pass on the item, just go the the corpse and loot it! enjoy.

So far I've had a night reaver an assassins blade and a face smasher. One thing I've been doing is looting all the greens and mailing them to an alt to sell on the ah I've made 1k off just the greens so far

I've got mindthrust bracer on my second run

nearly at the 100 run mark. my eyes are bleeding. gotten midthrust bracer x2. black mallace. witching stave. no good items yet.

I've got the Witching Stave on my first run ..
When I pull the whole dungeon usually, some mobs return back to their original place /.\ That was a while back though, so I pull mass mobs at a time. Does it HAVE to be a fast speed run? Or can it be normal?
Do whatever speed you like but if you average 6 minutes per run you can run non stop and you'll get 10 runs per hour. Also don't pull the entire instance, kill every time you reach a chest.

Got a Shadowfang ninja'ed by a hunter on first normal dungeon run on my f2p rogue, right after you posted your first SF in the TI chat thingy. World first for that? Probably not.

But never again! Been running on a 90 destro lock, as I don't have a high level rogue. It's pretty fast though. Thanks for guide!

Introduction:

As many of you know, as of 6.0 the zone drops in Shadowfang Keep have been buffed in drop rate. I speculate that this is the same for all dungeons, but can only confirm for SFK.

A few people have come to be about how we should have kept this on the down low and are upset that Shadowfangs and Gloomshrouds etc are easier to obtain now.

However I'd much rather EVERYONE have free Shadowfangs etc than to financially benefit from others.

If you're looking to farm your Shadowfangs, this guide will give you all the info you need.
Although farming zone drops in SFK is now achievable, it is by no means easy. The drop rate for each zone drop is still considerably low, however, now some of the drops that were thought to be nearly grandfathered are now able to drop from trash mobs in the instance as well. This includes Shadowfang, Assassin's Blade, Duskbringer, Gloomshroud, Necroweave Robes, and more.

You will want to loot all mobs and all chests to maximize your chances at zone drops. This includes locked chests.

To maximize efficiency, only stop once you've reached a chest. You should also use a Battle Horn if you need to quickly grab as many mobs as possible. I use Arcane Torrent to pull the horses.

Since you'll need to pick lock boxes, need a single AOE and be as fast as possible, I suggest using a sub rogue specced into burst of speed if possible. This makes for extremely speedy and complete runs.

Route:
LycZDga.jpg

Bag Space:
You will need as many open bag slots as you can optain. While farming for Rare Zone Drops you will encounter an abundance of junk such as food, juice, gray junk items, white common gear and more. I personally do not bother with looting green Uncommon drops as I'm looking to save as much time as possible and mailing off greens every few runs is of no interest to me. It is up to you on whether or not you want to loot greens, however I advise you skip them as we're focusing on Rare Zone Drops.

Cloth, ores, gems etc stack up to 200 now which gives you a good reason to loot these items. You can mail them off every few hours if you gain too many stacks. These trade goods do well on the auction house.

SmartLoot Addon:
Warning: Be cautions of when you have SmartLoot enabled and on which characters! I suggest you only turn it on whilst you're farming and then immediately do not forget to take it off.

If your SmartLoot is not working, you need to type /reload after you either enable the add-on or disable the add-on via the interface.

I have found a lovely add-on available on Curse.com and via the Curse Client that will be your best friend when it comes to farming SFK. This add-on will delete whichever items you do not wish to loot and it loots items considerably faster than traditional auto looting.

I do not bother with Uncommon items and below as they fill up bag space. Henceforth, my looting threshold is set to Rare
eOEKHFg.png

Set up like this, your character will quickly loot everything and instantly delete everything that isn't Rare in quality. I suggest you customize your loot filters so you can keep some items that you do want.

To do so, find the Type Filters tab:
wQR1Ai1.png

At this window you'll be able to select exactly what you want to keep:
WOwnAfu.png

For SFK I have mine set up to loot Rares, Potions, Gems, Alchemy, Books, Cooking, Engineering, First Aid, and Tailoring Recipies, Cloth, Devices, Herbs, Leather Goods, and Metal and Stone.

RNG is RNG. This may take you 3 runs or 150 to get the items you desire.

After 3 runs of farming, I have obtained the first confirmed drop of Shadowfang post 6.0. Shortly after I have received multiple Assassin's Blades, Night Reavers and more.

t8t69y.jpg

Best of luck and happy farming,
Mocha

3 Runs for SF? :eek:

And does anyone know if this increased drop rate accounts for higher lvl raids? Or for other low lvl dungeons like BFD?

Users who are viewing this thread