Fastest SFK Farming Possible

Appreciate this guide a lot. Getting full clear to Warden + chests (not including horses) in 5:45 each run. Witching Stave + Face Smasher so far 9 runs in.

edit: just got Razor's Edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I wanted to add is that I know for a fact I've looted an assassin's blade from a locked chest several years ago. Has anyone gotten any zone drops from these new chests? Any mindthrusts or anything? The chest portion of these runs is assuming that zone drops do still apply to chests as they did back in the day.

However, given that there are only a small amount of chests per run, if chests could still contain zone drops, it would mean your chances of looting a zone drop from a chest is roughly the chance of looting a Shadowfang from bosses in WOTLK, CATA, and/or MOP (meaning it is extremely unlikely as you only have a small handful of them per run with a chance)

Another thing I wanted to add is that I know for a fact I've looted an assassin's blade from a locked chest several years ago. Has anyone gotten any zone drops from these new chests? Any mindthrusts or anything? The chest portion of these runs is assuming that zone drops do still apply to chests as they did back in the day.

However, given that there are only a small amount of chests per run, if chests could still contain zone drops, it would mean your chances of looting a zone drop from a chest is roughly the chance of looting a Shadowfang from bosses in WOTLK, CATA, and/or MOP (meaning it is extremely unlikely as you only have a small handful of them per run with a chance)
So considering the time it takes to loot the chests, it wouldn't be worth it?

Hi im very retard, specially with english.
A video farm exemple for retard like me ?

Thanks u dude, its amazing guide :) Better with video ofcourse :p
Oh, an 'english retard'... Let's have a look on your server/guild....AAAAHH that's the reason^^

Does SF and other rare items still sell, now that they are a lot more common?

They have only sold in respective markets. Trying to sell a Shadowfang for anything more than 40k on pretty much any real except BH in the past 5 years has been really difficult even when the going rate for SF was 100k. If you're trying to sell twink items on a market with no twinks, it's going to be rough.

ABs are so common that I've been having a difficult time selling all of mine for any more than 4k. Shadowfangs have been posted at 40k and I don't think any have been selling on my realm. Mindthrusts can find their way as low as 2k or so and I know those sell at that price for sure. Necrology Robes don't sell very well but they can because of the unique xmog. People will still probably xfer to you to buy gloomshroud however.

I got shadowfang a couple of days ago and I am struggling to sell it on my server Darksorrow-EU. Is there anyone interested in buying it from me? My btag is Thigan#2473, feel free to contact.
And sorry if this is wrong thread to ask.

I've ran this place at least 500+ times within last few weeks, and was only getting the crap drops and MIndthrust. Finally got a gloom Wednesday night and haven't equipped it yet. Ironic that it dropped on the same day the ban wave went out.

I got shadowfang a couple of days ago and I am struggling to sell it on my server Darksorrow-EU. Is there anyone interested in buying it from me? My btag is Thigan#2473, feel free to contact.
And sorry if this is wrong thread to ask.

Yeah, ive added you on battle tag

I HIGHLY suggest you loot chests when you see them as it drops i level 24 greens (Forest Leather Bracers x2 in ~60 runs) and some cool transmog (pirate set). Wouldn't hurt to stop for ~10 seconds or so to possibly get a BoE blue and some rare greens

I HIGHLY suggest you loot chests when you see them as it drops i level 24 greens (Forest Leather Bracers x2 in ~60 runs) and some cool transmog (pirate set). Wouldn't hurt to stop for ~10 seconds or so to possibly get a BoE blue and some rare greens

I always loot the chests. Back in TBC I remember seeing Assassin's Blade drop from a chest after the 2.3 loot nerf and since then I've always checked every chest. However, if I understand correctly, chests may not give zone drops any more as of the Cata revamp where SFK received a revamp to the chests as well. Personally, I still open the chests just for good measure and the buccaneer boots sell for 100-150g or so, world boes can drop (gotten several thorbia's etc). Sadly meadow rings / wrangler's wristbands / zircon bands are pretty much worthless now... I remember back in the day farming several Meadow Ring of Eluding / agility / tiger from these chests / trash alone as well as the +10 AP wranglers, +5 stamina bracers and +3/3 monkey bracers all on my old school rogue. Man those were the days.

I have noticed a change in that it seems that Blizzard has placed a limit on the number of ulooted mobs you can have at once.
Perhaps to stop instance farming?

If you gather a huge mob you will loot less from them total than if you kill them in smaller groups.

Users who are viewing this thread