Balance = Longevity

Mocha

Legendary
Fellow twinks. The past months has been a huge roller coaster. We've seen many new players, few new guilds, old rivalries return etc. It's been a historic month for twinking for sure. Having games pop quite consecutively for over a month is something most of us didn't think we'd see for a long time.

However, now that the buzz of us finally getting games back is dying down, I strongly urge everyone to keep in mind that having games is never a given for us and our very actions can greatly impact the quality of games and their likelihood for them to continue. Between now and the time leading up to the Twink Cup we have amazing potential to double the size of our community so we will have a flourishing community even after the Twink Cup.

Growth equates to more members queueing arenas and WSG which results in more guilds, which then means there are shorter queues and more people to schedule games against / with. Bringing more community members in and keeping them will guarantee that 19s will exist in the future as long as there are not some earth shattering changes on Blizzard's end.

Let me be the first to say that 19s are most active when games are not steamroll and Horde and Alliance are constantly the victor. When Alliance or Horde go 5 games in a row, despite what others think, this does not incite competitive gameplay at all. In the process of these steamroll wins, many people afk and put up 19s for the night. This alone lengthens queues for everyone. Games should be a tug of war, not a wrecking ball.

All I'm saying is consider the repercussions of your actions. When you're in Skype syncing on people and rocking their faces off in steamrolls, you're lengthening your own queues and you're reducing the amount of community members we have. If your team is containing, when people start to afk out, back the heck out of the GY. Don't push up further and see it as a disadvantage on their end. Alliance has been the dominant faction. If you're going to queue with friends, don't do so on Alliance on the most powerful classes in the current meta when Ally has already been winning constantly. If you're playing a feral, and people are getting wrecked and afking out, perhaps that's when you switch to helping out with some off healing or running flags. If you're queuing a resto druid FC against a team that doesn't have a FC, but you still have someone capable of running flags, even the playing field by healing instead and having someone else FC.

You can play whatever class and spec you want. But, it's your intentions and how you play your character that can either help 19s or hurt them. Focusing on kills is going to make people quit. Focusing on objectives and knowing that you don't need to kill everything to win will encourage people to try a more powerful spec for example.

I have 19s of every class. However, when I'm on my hunter for example and I see 1 lone warrior trying to cross mid, I conc him and then move on. I'm not spamming maxx damage on him. When it's clear the other team is going to be 3-0d, just CC them and move on. If they want to be assholes and charge you despite allowing them to live, then that's when you pop your racial and blow their faces off. If I'm getting 3-0d and I'm the only one playing objectives and trying to make a play, I will keep queueing as long as I'm not getting focused and globaled the second I spawn the entire game. If I am getting globaled in my GY, chances are I'm done for the night and I NEVER afk games. Most people are gone long before that point is reached.

It's a mutual respect for the opposition that seems to be lacking in today's 19s. Games should be enjoyable for everyone, and honestly, you may have fun the instant you and your friends in Skype sync on someone, but I guarantee that feeling of enjoyment soon after is gone. Games are not fun for anyone when either team is recking the other. As a result, queues lengthen. You may have a slice of fun the second you 1 shot that person you hate with your friends, but at the same time, you could very well be on the receiving end of that next game and I'm sure you're going to /afk out when it happens to you multiple times.

You should be playing games with the goal of having fun games for everyone. Not the goal of wrecking the other team and shaming them out of the battleground. Play to win but know when the line has been crossed. Use that speedpot to end a 5 game win streak for the opposing faction, not to chase down someone trying to escape their GY.

Cheers,
Mocha

Last edited by a moderator:
p7Mt8bE.jpg
mpUVDQ2.jpg

heh heh silly horde. games have too many new people to really balance them or probably evev run 5 mans

Lol yeah but Mocha's point still stands.

The players in the bracket itself have to almost look out for each other in terms of what class they decide to roll, at least that's how it seems to me. One thing I would suggest to the horde is to make macro's asking players to roll more diverse classes. I know a lot people who faction hop when the other side needs help.

Games are a lot more fun when they are more competitive.

Last edited:
I disagree with mutual respect for the opposition being a problem. Competitive guilds have more respect for each other and better relationships than ever before. Also, GY farming and containing is less apparent this expansion in comparison to any previous ones.

The dedicated guilds and players in the guild have matured a lot. This is not their fault at all. Neither is it the fault of pug players. It is Blizzard's poor class balancing that is to blame. A lot of the issues you bring up do exist, but a majority of them have always existed. They are just more apparent now because of the current meta and class balance.

The only thing 19s need for their bracket to get more popularity is to get more new players with the 20-29 twink mentality.

The majority of twinks dont twink for the competitive aspect of WSG, they do it for fun. Going off on that mentality is probably the biggest reason why you dont get a population increase. Its not appealing for a new comer to arrive in a super stressful environment where a simple mistake turns a whole team against you.

WSG isnt fun at 19 for me anymore. Im sure I am not the only one.

Just take a look at this sub-forum. Its filled with "what to do to get our bracket back", "who do you think is the best 19", "lets ban these 19s cuz they DDoS me", and "omg this guy doesnt share my opinion".

What the heck happened to twinking at 19 for the fun of it. These arent twink WSG you're playing. Its wannabee RBGs. Last time I checked, those were at level 100...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing 19s need for their bracket to get more popularity is to get more new players with the 20-29 twink mentality.

The majority of twinks dont twink for the competitive aspect of WSG, they do it for fun. Going off on that mentality is probably the biggest reason why you dont get a population increase. Its not appealing for a new comer to arrive in a super stressful environment where a simple mistake turns a whole team against you.

Just take a look at this sub-forum. Its filled with "what to do to get our bracket back", "who do you think is the best 19", "lets ban these 19s cuz they DDoS me", and "omg this guy doesnt share my opinion".

What the heck happened to twinking at 19 for the fun of it. These arent twink WSG you're playing. Its wannabee RBGs. Last time I checked, those were at level 100...

Why can't different brackets have different goals? 20-29 and random 100 BGs have casual 24/7 activity. If that's what you're looking for, it's available to you.

The only reason I play 19s is for the competitive aspect of WSG. I'm sure I'm not the only one. The fun of twinking 19 for me is that I get to queue up and play WSG with and against people who actually want to win.

There's a balance of course when it comes to recruiting new players and what we expect from them, but I'd imagine that most players joining because of the Twink Cup's publicity will be at least somewhat interested in competition. Encouraging them to step up, learn/adapt to the meta and get up to speed in the bracket will help make their eventual Twink Cup teams much more competitive.

I really think we are seeing a fairly large population increase.

Users who are viewing this thread