Threads of Fate + Covenants

If you never turned in ToF you'd choose a covenant after you finish the storyline. Not sure what you're on about with ToF.

The storyline is the quests with the "!" inside a box. The rest of the quests are irrelevant to that, i believe.

Ok thanks. I chose ToF on my 49 Druid the minute I got to Orb but didn't turn it in and thought I could choose a covenant. I don't mind clearing out all the quests in each zone first but didn't want to miss out on covenant progression if I should turn in ToF and pick one after just doing Bastion quests.

Ok thanks. I chose ToF on my 49 Druid the minute I got to Orb but didn't turn it in and thought I could choose a covenant. I don't mind clearing out all the quests in each zone first but didn't want to miss out on covenant progression if I should turn in ToF and pick one after just doing Bastion quests.
Turning in ToF on twink will get you access to all zones and flight paths, scaled SL rares, all side quests scaled , covenant/renown 5/abilities, 4 dungeons if 50. https://xpoff.com/threads/49s-gear-guide-best-practice-rares-to-farm.95068/
Before enabling the tof mode, you can do all the story and side quests in bastion that aren’t too high level. These give 110ilvl if epic proc

If you somehow got into the tof mode but without a covenant then it sounds like you skipped a step somehow. Did you get any type of quest to interact with the table? You enabled ToF but didn’t turn in quest right? Have you gone to the ToF Npc in oribos to see if he has any option? He is located on the edge of the city, directly behind the innkeeper, in Oribos

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=62704/the-threads-of-fate
4 quest questline

you don’t wanna complete any of those zone progress bar quests without a covenant because they give renown rank

I don’t think you can swap covenant under 60 so make sure to choose the right one. Pretty sure you don’t get soulbinds at all. So it’s just picking ClassSpell/CovenantSpell and transmogs

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Zazzy adn I'll go through my steps. My toon was already 49 as it was previously a 119 twink with XP turned off. It was still turned off when I logged in so I cleared out my bags and started the Maw storyline to get into Orb. As soon as I arrived in OrbI got the quest for ToF. I selected ToF and typed in FATE then the guy had a ? above his head so I ran past him and went into Orb. I went straight to the table to pick a covenant and a zone but there was no ! for me to do so. The only quests showing in Orb was the quest Trading Favors from the Innkeeper, the PvP weekly quest, and the two weekly dungeon quests downstairs. Since I didn't have an option to pick a zone, but had flight paths to all zones, I chose to fly to Hero's Rest in Bastion (since this is where everyone seems to start) and started doing the quests. I was able to pick up Bolstering Bastion from the NPC and did all of the quests and WQ's/Objectives through the entire zone then chose my weapon when handing it in. I got the quest to head back to Orb and am now able to choose another zone but still don't have the option to pick a covenant.

Edit: and to answer your question about the ToF NPC... He still has a ? above his head

I thought I turned on TOF then picked a covenant, i'll go through on my druid in a bit and remember the order I did it.
[doublepost=1607715194,1607714917][/doublepost]Threads of Fate Introduction
Once you activate the Threads of Fate system, you will go through a quick introduction where you will choose a Covenant and what area to strike first.
[doublepost=1607715232][/doublepost]https://www.wowhead.com/guides/thre...vate the Threads of,quest The Threads of Fate.

Here is what I get and the list of my quests. I have not chosen a new zone yet but flew into Maldraxxus to try to get a trinket from a WQ and it's giving me the Rallying Maldraxxus quest with a progress bar but I abandoned it. The WQ also wouldn't activate once I was inside the location. I don't want to go any further, except killing rares, until I figure this out, lol.

Attachments

• TOF 1.jpg
    TOF 1.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 115
  • TOF 2.jpg
    TOF 2.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 122
@G0DF47H3R World Quests won't show up on the map at 49 but they're active, just not the 60 specific ones. That auto-accept Quest when you Zone in is the one you need to finish to gain 1 Level of Renown (LvL 5 total). What I haven't figured out yet is why 49's are stuck at 4/5 of the Covenant Campaign even though it clearly states that Renown 5 unlocks the next Chapter.

Here is what I get and the list of my quests. I have not chosen a new zone yet but flew into Maldraxxus to try to get a trinket from a WQ and it's giving me the Rallying Maldraxxus quest with a progress bar but I abandoned it. The WQ also wouldn't activate once I was inside the location. I don't want to go any further, except killing rares, until I figure this out, lol.
Turn this quest in xD
Then you can pick a covenant right after

Ok. So turn it in now? Should I have turned in the ToF quest and chose a covenant before turning int eh Bolstering Bastion quest?

Ok. So turn it in now?

If you're all done you can try it, it's an interesting situation. I typed in "fate" but never hit enter and chose the normal storyline instead... had the "fate" box up for about 15 minutes but i couldnt use any keybinds, lol.

Finally hit return but it didnt do anything, cuz i had already chosen the storyline mode.

edit- this was on my druid, so no it's not the issue with my 48 pally having no FP and quest. I did that one correctly.

Thanks guys. I just saw everyone saying to not turn it in before doing all the quests in Bastion so I didn't until all was completed. This is a test toon anyway since I was originally going to level it to 50 for 2x4 farming but can do it as a 49 as well. I'll turn it in and if this is an issue in the future then I'll know to turn in TOF and choosing a covenant before turning in the BB weapon quest.

Thanks guys. I just saw everyone saying to not turn it in before doing all the quests in Bastion so I didn't until all was completed. This is a test toon anyway since I was originally going to level it to 50 for 2x4 farming but can do it as a 49 as well. I'll turn it in and if this is an issue in the future then I'll know to turn in TOF and choosing a covenant before turning in the BB weapon quest.
The notes about the questing before turning it in are just referring to the enabling of threads of Fate.the npc definitely puts you on the spot there, but you should select normal story instead of threads. And THEN enable threads at the npc, when you reach a level requirement for bastion Normal playthru quests.

Ahhh makes sense now. So select the storyline first then switch to ToF once gated. Got it! I saw this and selected ToF from the start thinking the regular zone quests will still appear and i can progress through the story that way.

1. Complete all 4 Zone's Storyline Quests
  2. Hit 60
  3. Finish 1/9 of your chosen Covenants' Storyline Quests on that 60
  4. Log into a 49 and choose 'Threads of Fate' which forces you to type FATE in the dialog box*
*To clarify this part, crediting @zazzyfraz here, You can accept the Quest but DO NOT TURN IT IN until you've already completed all the Bastion Quests up to the point you defeat the Traitor chick and get your Weapon. All/most of those Quests are Storyline and are "disabled" once you're on Threads of Fate Campaign.

I have all high gear now except, a ring and shoulders, with only 1 zone done (3 at 104) so there is still hope in the other zones and rares. We'll see if there is a loss of 1 renown level and if it affects me much. I have other toons to do this the right way on regardless.

I have all high gear now except, a ring and shoulders, with only 1 zone done (3 at 104) so there is still hope in the other zones and rares. We'll see if there is a loss of 1 renown level and if it affects me much. I have other toons to do this the right way on regardless.
So far only Renown 2 matters for the HP Boost. It may end up that getting 5/5 Chapters done requires a Level higher than 49. As for 104/110 Epics, yeah it's a huge PITA considering some Rares refuse to drop gear daily (like Blizz said they would) and others only drop daily for certain Classes (not the Classes that benefit from said gear off that Rare, because reasons). Also, Quest rewards proc'ing Epic might as well not exist in SL at 49.

I've now completed every Quest available to 49's in SL on TWO Characters, with exception to the 2 or so that are still bugged out, and I can say honestly the Epic Quest upgrade chance must be ~0.01% because I have (4) 49's and not one of them received even one. And this picture shows just how bad my luck is on my DH. That's 8 days in a row if you count the item he's wearing >.<
WoWScrnShot_121120_220602.jpg

Ignore the Gem / Enchants on this, but is this still bis for 49? I have it on my mage (no idea how mages are with covenants or anything yet)

View attachment 17773
If it does as much damage as you told me it does then yes definitely

Users who are viewing this thread