Threads of Fate + Covenants

@monstertank I would disagree if mine was working as intended. If it's true you get 1 Rank per Zone completed that should net you Rank 5, which is where you continue your Covenants' Campaign, which makes sense because I'm stuck at 4/5 wiith Renown 1.

@Warglave I got zero Epic upgrades from any Quest, only 2 from Rares and I've completed everything >.<

I think maybe they jacked it down from the first few days, my first toons got epic upgrades in the short 49 Bastion questine... my 60 got back to back epics from that first weapon-cycle rare encounter and at least a few on the way up. Now zilch.

I dunno, but i'm renown rank 3.... once you finish the "help the zone" quest they send you back to oribos to get a level of renown. The main zone quest that all the little quests add up to complete. Hope you didnt get screwed.

JfrAkKQ.png

edit- i have 2 zones left so i guess I'll get to renown rank 5? That'll be 4 zones worth of rewards with one rare upgrade... :mad:
If you get past 3 on your then plz tell so i know IF my one fucked up or something.
[doublepost=1607013510,1606979441][/doublepost]anyone of u guys know how disc priest is now?? got one at lvl 45 and havent played on it since legion
[doublepost=1607025186][/doublepost]does anyone of u gyus play shaman as 49?? if so how are thay ??

My 49 stopped on rank 3. The next zone I did I got the 'return to oribos' quest but it officered no reward.

What is the take away here? Just get rank 2 for the 2% stam and leave it at that?

@monstertank I added a short little bit at the end of the OP about the "State of 49's" at least in regards to PvE and only the Classes I have so far. My Shammy isn't quite there yet so can't speak on it yet.
Okay got my shaman to 49 last night and even my 49 disc priset so got allot of work to do on em haha. I got The bfa head chest and shoulder. But IF I get loot from shadowlands should i still change em for The other stats??

We don't know yet. While many are iLvL > all, I'm not as convinced. On my 49 Hunter, there are 3 pcs I use that aren't the highest iLvL because they have superior Secondaries and 2 of those pcs are from Legion, and I do more damage with them on, even though they're some 40 iLvLs lower than other pcs I have.

EDIT: I too have a Shammy, Priest and also a Monk that I'll be taking to 49 soon.

We don't know yet. While many are iLvL > all, I'm not as convinced. On my 49 Hunter, there are 3 pcs I use that aren't the highest iLvL because they have superior Secondaries and 2 of those pcs are from Legion, and I do more damage with them on, even though they're some 40 iLvLs lower than other pcs I have.

EDIT: I too have a Shammy, Priest and also a Monk that I'll be taking to 49 soon.
Cool cool just have Hard to decide what to gear First my resto shaman or my disc priset hehe

So just noting (i havenst seen it mentioned here yet) that my alliance 48+ did not get the threads of fate quest offered, I'm assuming because I got to 60 on a horde. Seems that you have to be the same faction to get it. o_O

edit- i'll go through the bastion/start RP grind again (not right now tho) and hopefully it's just going to be an option later.

So just noting (i havenst seen it mentioned here yet) that my alliance 48+ did not get the threads of fate quest offered, I'm assuming because I got to 60 on a horde. Seems that you have to be the same faction to get it. o_O

edit- i'll go through the bastion/start RP grind again (not right now tho) and hopefully it's just going to be an option later.
I swear if we have to be same faction I’m going to kashoot myself because I’ve been grinding my ass off to get a lvl 60 and it’s not the same faction as my 49....

Ok, so i just logged onto a horde 49 and got the same quest as my alliance that hit 48, so hopefully it's not.

Gotta figure out why it's not giving me the threads quest, pretty sure i just logged into my DH and it popped up. :confused:

edit @zazzyfraz ok, i know whats wrong!! My DH had already done the bastion stuff and my dinged 48 hasnt been there yet. My bad, man... sorry abou that. Not 100% sure on the faction thing but I spoke too soon.

I'll find out now, just gotta RP grind thru teh maw... :mad:
[doublepost=1607112428,1607108766][/doublepost]OK, so I got through the RP and YES I got the threads of fate quest on the opposite faction... BUT-

Once i finished the maw I was frozen in place so I had no choice but to choose FATE right then and there... didnt I? CAn you get the option to choose fate later on once you've passed it up? New territory to me, my others were already done with bastion before the ToF questline was up and going....

ThinkingFace

edit- OK!!!.... so i chose the normal playthrough, and assumed I was screwed from the wording of teh original quest, but there is a guy to talk to after you choose the storyline mode that has dialogue about threads of fate. So if that's all common knowledge, sorry. I'll check back on him after i finish what i want out of bastion... Should pick fate then.

Farthest east side of oribos, same place i picked up the quest on the others that had already been there before it went live.

k6H4Kfc.png

Last edited:
@monstertank That answer to your question about Tank HP for 49's, my DH is now at iLvL 85, (1) Epic upgrade, (1) 98 Weapon, no Stam Enchants/Gems/Buffs, except Inquisitor's Menacing Eye which gives 9/9 Agi/Stam and he's at 18,680 HP at Renown 2.
WoWScrnShot_120420_221230.jpg

@Warglave I just went to him because one of my 49's I mistakingly thought I was done with the Oribos Aspirants area but was not. It seems you cannot go BACK to Storymode after some point in Threads of Fate. I screwed myself by not finishing and getting all those iLvL 90+ items. I got a little over half of them but not all >.<

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no going back... that's what i was worried they'd do with the story mode too but it seems not. I'm gonna stay in bastion a bit before switching, see if i can get any 110 upgrades. The rewards in ToF mode are underwhelming.

@monstertank That answer to your question about Tank HP for 49's, my DH is now at iLvL 85, (1) Epic upgrade, (1) 98 Weapon, no Stam Enchants/Gems/Buffs, except Inquisitor's Menacing Eye which gives 9/9 Agi/Stam and he's at 18,680 HP at Renown 2.
View attachment 17685
@Warglave I just went to him because one of my 49's I mistakingly thought I was done with the Oribos Aspirants area but was not. It seems you cannot go BACK to Storymode after some point in Threads of Fate. I screwed myself by not finishing and getting all those iLvL 90+ items. I got a little over half of them but not all >.<
How did you get The ilvl 92 weapons on it only know about The 98ilvl one

@monstertank within the Aspirants area in Bastion (and close proximity) Rares drop iLvL 98 Blues (base) that proc 110 Epic. Everywhere else in Shadowlands the Rares drops 92 Blues (base) that proc 98 Blues (Warforged of sorts?) and 104 Epic.

how did u get to 5 renown?? i cant get past 3 on my character cleared all places
Exactly how I guessed, just clear all 4 Zones. Those of us who did it early on got screwed. Lets hope Blizz fixes it.

So I have a main level 60/Cov Chapter 1, etc., and I took a few toons (intended for 60) through the Maw so I can get to Orb and level their professions. I chose TOF on all of them and they were able to pick a covenant but I followed the guide on here for my 49 druid and I don't have the option to choose a covenant. I chose TOF, but did not turn in, and grabbed some other quests in Orb. I have the weekly dungeon and PvP quests and got the quest Trading Favors from the innkeeper but didn't get to choose which zone to start nor choose a covenant. I went to the flight master and saw I had locations to fly to in each of the zones so I flew to Bastion and did every quest that I can find in the zone, except the one for Necrotic Wake since I have the bug that doesn't let me enter the instance through dungeon finder or walk-in. I got the weapon from 100% Bolstering Bastion and double checked the entire zone for any missing quests but found none. I can now choose another zone from the person in Orb but still don't have the option to choose a covenant. The guide seems to say I can choose it right away then complete all the zones. Am I misunderstanding something or do I have to finish all zones first THEN turn in TOF to choose a covenant?

Users who are viewing this thread