Threads of Fate + Covenants

@Syrayeda I have been able to take a couple Quests that I could see on my Map but not in person today so maybe.
Sorry IF I take your time so much but have u seen any stami a trinkets while quest with this fate thing?? IF so were. Would need a better one for my 50 tank and maby for my 49 one to hehe cant remember when i quested normal when i levled to 60 on my other were i got my stamina trinket

I have a Versa + Heal (another Target, not you). It's called Brimming Ember Shard. There's also Essence Extractor that is a self Heal occasionally. If you get lucky and it procs Epic it'll be ~300 Heal. Check the Map daily with a 60 so you can see what World Quests are active (can't see those on your 49, even though you can do them). Then your other option is the Bonus Objectives until you run out. I've never had a single item proc anything other than the standard iLvL 84 Blues for either World Quests or Bonus Objectives.

There are LOADS of items from Rares that even Wowhead hasn't listed yet and finding them all is going to be a huge PITA. There's also Treasure items that can proc Epic and while not all of those are lootable at 49, some are. Even the ones that are lootable at 49, often times have an item requiring Level 51/53/56/etc. You're basically going to have to no life it like I am and spam every single Quest available to us at 49 before Blizz stupidly forces XP-On in SL Zones. I'm actually surprised it hasn't already happened.

I have a Versa + Heal (another Target, not you). It's called Brimming Ember Shard. There's also Essence Extractor that is a self Heal occasionally. If you get lucky and it procs Epic it'll be ~300 Heal. Check the Map daily with a 60 so you can see what World Quests are active (can't see those on your 49, even though you can do them). Then your other option is the Bonus Objectives until you run out. I've never had a single item proc anything other than the standard iLvL 84 Blues for either World Quests or Bonus Objectives.

There are LOADS of items from Rares that even Wowhead hasn't listed yet and finding them all is going to be a huge PITA. There's also Treasure items that can proc Epic and while not all of those are lootable at 49, some are. Even the ones that are lootable at 49, often times have an item requiring Level 51/53/56/etc. You're basically going to have to no life it like I am and spam every single Quest available to us at 49 before Blizz stupidly forces XP-On in SL Zones. I'm actually surprised it hasn't already happened.
Okay yee that 2 trinkets was looking good maby get em insteed of stamina becouse more self healing and damage can be good to have.

Disappointing... :(

ah9JSvZ.png

just got renown lvl 2 on my 50 all i did was just finish 2 of the place so i hope i get 1 more for do the 2 other too
[doublepost=1606921704,1606919672][/doublepost]what do u guys think the renown lvls would do for a 49-50 twink any good cant see any use more then the 2 stamina im jsut got 3 on my 50
[doublepost=1606924542][/doublepost]
Continuation of Threads of Fate beyond 4/5 isn't a Rep issue (at least not Friendly to all).
what is part 5 ?? of it

just got renown lvl 2 on my 50 all i did was just finish 2 of the place so i hope i get 1 more for do the 2 other too
[doublepost=1606921704,1606919672][/doublepost]what do u guys think the renown lvls would do for a 49-50 twink any good cant see any use more then the 2 stamina im jsut got 3 on my 50
[doublepost=1606924542][/doublepost]
what is part 5 ?? of it

Renown 1, 19, 35 add 2% stamina.

4 gets you a follower for mission board. Let me know if you get it.
10 increases the ilvl of world quests. But that could just be for lvl 60.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/necrolords-covenant-renown-rewards-shadowlands

TL;DR
  1. Complete all 4 Zone's Storyline Quests
  2. Hit 60
  3. Finish 1/9 of your chosen Covenants' Storyline Quests on that 60
  4. Log into a 49 and choose 'Threads of Fate' which forces you to type FATE in the dialog box*
*To clarify this part, crediting @zazzyfraz here, You can accept the Quest but DO NOT TURN IT IN until you've already completed all the Bastion Quests up to the point you defeat the Traitor chick and get your Weapon. All/most of those Quests are Storyline and are "disabled" once you're on Threads of Fate Campaign.

The first step in getting a 49 Twink access to the other 4 Zones is getting 1 Character to Level 60. You must complete all 4 Zone's complete Storyline (side Quests mean nothing) in order to unlock Covenants for that 60. If all you do is the Storyline, you WILL get Level gated at some point. It's fucking stupid but it's what we have to deal with. Also, 7/7 in Revendreth requires Level 60 itself. You can only make it up to 6/7 at 59. Granted that's irrelevant for a 59 Twink if you already have a 60.

You will NOT have to chose the same Covenant as your 1st 60, so pick whatever suits your specific 49 Twink. Keep in mind you may change later but I haven't gotten far enough into it to know what all is involved in switching. When you choose Threads of Fate the Storyline Quests are already considered complete. You're 49 starts right at World Quests, Bonus Objectives, etc.
The 1st Quest you get on your 49 once you've chosen your Covenant requires you to get 100% progress with side Quests, World Quests, killing Rares, Bonus Objectives, clearing Dungeons (not possible at 49, even though Blizz allows us to Que), etc. You get 2% per normal Quest, 5% per World Quest, 8% per Bonus Objective, etc. The reward for that Quest is a Blue quality iLvL 80 Weapon and 374G. Also World Quests ARE doable at 49, they just don't show on the Map. After finishing all (4) Covenant Campaign Quests, you will be at 4/5 in the Threads of Fate Campaign. I've also not figured out any way to get back to The Maw as of yet.

• Quest rewards: iLvL(s) 84/90 [Green], 84/92/98 [Blue], 100/110 [Purple]
  • Wanted Quests: iLvL(s) 98 [Green], ? [Blue], ? [Purple]
  • World Quests: iLvL(s) 84 [Blue], ? [Purple]
  • Rares drops: iLvL(s) 98 [Blue], 104/110 [Purple]

Once you finish that 100% progress Quest it sends you to Oribos to pick another Realm to do the same thing. This does not change your Covenant, just the Zone you're Questing in (and getting progress towards).
Gear is READILY available, probably for every slot and with Epic upgrades I'd wager iLvL 100 at 49 is quite doable. That is to say, if we get enough done BEFORE Blizz forcibly enables XP while in Shadowlands Zones. Once that switch is flipped, it's essentially over for gearing as you won't be able to spare much for XP, certainly not to complete Quests. I've already received an iLvL 84 Helm (Blue, no upgrade). An Armory for comparison:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/nesingwary/orbatol

*Pretty much every drop from SL is reporting to Armory as -10 iLvL from actual.

As far as I have figured out so far, the Renown system (personal Character upgrades like +2% Stamina) functions for 49's but I haven't figured out how to improve your Renown. The "Table" if you will (like older XPac's Class Hall/Garrison/etc) appears to require Level 60. You CAN deposit Anima but cannot as of right now select upgrades. I have not figured out how to start Soulbinds.

If anyone finds deeper information reply here and I'll add it to this. I'm curious if we'll be able to utilize the Soulbind system and whether that works outside of SL Zones (probably not the latter bit).

GLOVE ENCHANTS
  • BfA Profession like Crafting, Herbalism, Mining, etc
WRIST ENCHANTS [BfA] (Enchanters only, might be able to Enchant then switch Prof)
WEAPON ENCHANTS [BfA]
RING ENCHANTS [BfA]
POTIONS
BANDAGE
NON-CONSUMABLE (these stack for 14 Main Stat + 12 Stamina)
COVENANT ABILITIES
  • They work outside SL Zones including Instanced PvP!!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the Quests in all 4 Zones scale to you at 49 while on the Threads of Fate Campaign. That means 49's have access to pretty much every Rare in SL and probably 90% of the Quests. However, there are sections in each Zone with Level 60 NPC's that do not scale down.

EDIT2: Just found out you can fly to the 3 other Zones (that you didn't pick for your Covenant) and still get the 100% progress Quest that awards an iLvL 80 Weapon, so 4 tries at an Epic upgrade. You can also do World Quests in all 4 Zones!

is this 49 xpoff? does your XP stay off taking a quest, completing it later?

Just did a little last night when i finally unlocked it... the ilvl of the rewards is all over the place. I got ilvl 84 blues, ilvl 84 greens, an ilvl 92 blue trinket... zero upgrade procs. So far everything is lower than the initial bastion rewards.
(i see it in the OP, @DeLindsay but it didnt sink in until I did it myself. ;))

Underwhelming..... but it did upgrade my old anniversary slots nonetheless.
[doublepost=1606925687,1606925599][/doublepost]
is this 49 xpoff?

Yes. XP stays locked in shadowlands at 49 if you have it locked when you go in. Not sure what you're asking after that.

edit- so far it stays locked anyway... there was a patch note or something saying it would not so might be temporary.

Last edited:
Mind sharing how you got Rank 2 at 49? I've completed EVERY Quest in all 4 Zones, except the 3 that are still bugged and drop no loot (including the Quest items), all Bonus Objectives, have all 4 Factions to Friendly, have the Achievement for exploring all 4 Zones and my 49 Hunter is still Rank 1.
Sure, I was following this thread and started to level a 60 based on what I was reading here so more than happy to try and help. My 49 already had the bastion quests done, then I went and levelled my 60 (you can see I only did that a couple of days ago) nothing special here just 50-60 boring grind.Then once I had my 60 I went onto my 49 and chose the maxx zone for my covenant, then I just ping around a few different zones before starting to quest. I think I picked up and dropped the quest from Ordis that focus you to a certain zone before setting of to Maxx and getting that quest bar that rewards a weapon to 100%, I did that combination of quests and, bonus objectives and world quests.

Once that was 100% I got a quest popup that rewarded an orange reward that said rank 2 at the Maxx main quest hub.

I didnt do anything special except for maybe dropping that 0-100% quest a couple of times (I dropped that by the way because of a strange thing where I can't see certain treasure and loot certain mobs). Perhaps you have a bug that affected early progression I only got rank2 like 30 mins ago.

@dirtypaws I sure hope not. I CAN say I had much of the Quests done before Blizz's Hotfix that tried to fix uncompletable quests by 48-49's on Threads of Fate. I'm also still having an issue with my 49's being able to que for Chromie Time. Got a GM response that I had to do the BfA breadcrumb Quests (which I already have) and another GM on Wowhead told someone else that Quest was removed from the Game when SL dropped (post Pre-Patch). GM's are dumb as shit.

I dunno, but i'm renown rank 3.... once you finish the "help the zone" quest they send you back to oribos to get a level of renown. The main zone quest that all the little quests add up to complete. Hope you didnt get screwed.

JfrAkKQ.png

edit- i have 2 zones left so i guess I'll get to renown rank 5? That'll be 4 zones worth of rewards with one rare upgrade... :mad:

@Warglave I'm positive I got screwed. The only question is will Blizz fix it or will my 49 Hunter be GF'd with Renown 1 (derp Title right there). I am 100% complete with Zone Quests, Bonus Objectives, etc, with the only exception being 3 Quests that are still bugged for sub 50's.

I dunno, but i'm renown rank 3.... once you finish the "help the zone" quest they send you back to oribos to get a level of renown. The main zone quest that all the little quests add up to complete. Hope you didnt get screwed.

JfrAkKQ.png

edit- i have 2 zones left so i guess I'll get to renown rank 5? That'll be 4 zones worth of rewards with one rare upgrade... :mad:
u wont get get to 5 becouse i only got to 3 my self and i did my last 2 placec and dident get t o4 or 5

Ok, sounds fine to me cuz you cant do anything with it anyway. Two more zones of zero upgrades sounds wonderful. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread