Threads of Fate + Covenants

Have you guys tried using party sync with your 49s on thread of fate combined with another 10-49 in chromie time thats not on thread of fate to see if you can force phase your first 49 into chromie time? I remember 50s used the party sync trick to get into chromie time past the allowed levels and I have personally used this on my 50 appearingly successfully. However, this was not with the thread of fates so I am unsure if that would work.

On another note, can we get renown upgrades with the anima at 49?

Last edited:
Reread the OP, I can confirm that covenant abilities work in instanced pvp at 50, have to face them fairly often with thread of fate alts. I imagine they work below 50, as I have read that they even work party synced down to the 19s bracket and instanced party sync is usually very restrictive. Haven't personally tested this, just read it on the forums, but I wouldn't doubt it as someone was making a thread specifically because of it. Unless they have a weird unique level requirement restriction, they probably work at 49 but someone with enough exp would probably have to test with the debuff(if it still works) or without the debuff if you have like half a bar or a full bar to be 100% sure.

Reread the OP, I can confirm that covenant abilities work in instanced pvp at 50, have to face them fairly often with thread of fate alts. I imagine they work below 50, as I have read that they even work party synced down to the 19s bracket and instanced party sync is usually very restrictive. Haven't personally tested this, just read it on the forums, but I wouldn't doubt it as someone was making a thread specifically because of it. Unless they have a weird unique level requirement restriction, they probably work at 49 but someone with enough exp would probably have to test with the debuff(if it still works) or without the debuff if you have like half a bar or a full bar to be 100% sure.
They are so flashy in 50 bgs some of the people who have never seen them run away lol.. the damage isn’t too special though up at 50. It’s like standing in a blizzard or some other aoe zone for most of them. In pve would be better with a tank allowing aoe though. Some of them are extremely powerful like the night fae for Aff, which lets you drain 4-5 targets with 50+50 inevitable demise (az+Row1talent)

They are so flashy in 50 bgs some of the people who have never seen them run away lol.. the damage isn’t too special though up at 50. It’s like standing in a blizzard or some other aoe zone for most of them. In pve would be better with a tank allowing aoe though. Some of them are extremely powerful like the night fae for Aff, which lets you drain 4-5 targets with 50+50 inevitable demise (az+Row1talent)
Yeah party synced and thread of fate 50s have like 8-9k at most. Against geared players they cant really do much even with the covenant abilities. It was interesting to see them in the 50s bracket, its not particularly common so its a fun new thing to face. They are very graphical so I think it does mystify players sometimes, but I particularly like some fancy effects since they dont do that too often with abilities. I still wonder if we can character transfer over, unlock covenant abilities(perhaps renown stuff if we can figure out how) and shadowlands engineering, craft everything needed then transfer back and see if we can keep everything on the bfa account.

Last edited:
I'm 2.5 Zones in on Threads of Fate (for the initial Zone Quest to get to 100% progress). I'm hoping after I complete all 4 that we'll somehow still be able to que for Chromie Time since Threads of Fate is similar to Chromir Time but for SL.

I'm 2.5 Zones in on Threads of Fate (for the initial Zone Quest to get to 100% progress). I'm hoping after I complete all 4 that we'll somehow still be able to que for Chromie Time since Threads of Fate is similar to Chromir Time but for SL.
It probably triggered something to prevent chromie time just like it is at 50 or similar, I would be surprised if it allowed chromie time again without the party sync workaround, but then again you never know with this stuff lol.

I was planing to make a 49 druid tank. So my questions is is it wort to be a druid tank at that lvl IF I get in gear?? So far i have only focused on my 50 demonhunter twink tank but have a 49 druid too that i wanna twink too. Im levling one character to 60 too so i can get covenent. How much HP can a 49 twink tank get now u guys think??

My guess is ~18K Health for Tanks at 49. DPS/Heals have ~10K. I have no idea if it's good or not good to make a Drood Tank at 49 or not, I only have a Boomkin which is ok. Also, look what I just got from a Bonus Objective:
Mail Courier's Greaves.jpg

Best to ask you guys. I got The hoa neck on my 49 druid i gonna make twink is it wort to keep it and lvl up The neck allot to get The ilvl allot from it. Was gonna play tank on my druid as I said befor. And master give a druid tank more HP so good to stay with it??

Very high iLvL HoA will probably be BiS for all Classes 45-49. That said, I've been playing around with the Legion BoE Epic Neck that my Hunter had in his bags (Haste/Mastery one) since it has a Socket. I tossed the 18 Agility in it and Mark of the Hidden Satyr and I'm convinced it's superior DPS to the iLvL 92 Haste/Mastery neck I have from SL. That said, I don't have HoA on him yet and iLvL ~120+ for it would probably surpass anything else we can get.

Updated OP to make things a little more clear as to what exactly you do (Quest option to pick) and what access 49's then have after choosing Threads of Fate.

Side note, has anyone gotten a World Quest/Bonus Objective item to upgrade to Epic?

Last edited:
Okay okay yee im working on get a 60 my self so far im 56 but at work for like 1 more hours befor i can get home and do The last 4 lvls
[doublepost=1606859480,1606821155][/doublepost]we can get renown 2 as lvl 49??

Users who are viewing this thread