10's Shadowlands Gear Guide

For soloing dungeons I prefer 15 by far over 10 on my prot paladin. More dungeons, more abilities, and a talent.

For that class/spec specific i didnt really take notice at any vast difficulty change from the extra few levels, if anything it was easier since i wasnt starved for attacks or HP generators to fuel my self-heal WoG. At 10 I had to hard cast FoL a lot.

@Merlin let us know how you like/dislike the difference between 10 and 14.
At lvl10, using all socketed gear with +3 agil gem and enchant all that can be enchanted, even with crit, aim shot takes out not more than 50% of enemy's health most of the time, at lvl14, using part crafted gear, aim shot can 1 shot 80% of players in bg, if using 2 shots than over 90% of players will fall in that group, on average my lvl14 hunters will exceed 50 killing blows in each wsg

on average my lvl14 hunters will exceed 50 killing blows in each wsg

I've been grinding out huntard alts to pass the time by mailing chanted looms over to a 10, stopping xp for the arti wep, then grinding BG's 10-20 and restarting with a new alt.
I definitely agree with your stance on 14, and I'll add that you'll also see a power drop around 15-16 where your killing blows will average out closer to the rest of the group, then at lvls 17-19 you're back on top of the leaderboards with 40-70 killing blows per match again. There's an odd power creep scaling going on that makes 10-13 feel the same as 15-16, but both are underpowered compared to 14 and 17-19. (20 feels weaker in open world compared to the scaling of lower levels so I assume the power creep is scaled to the BG brackets' design)

TLDR: Huntards ramp in power 10-14 with each lvl feeling stronger, then drop for 2 levels, then ramp right back up for the last 3 levels of the bracket.

So wait... there's a scaling going on in BG now? Why are you doing "better" at lowest levels? I thought everyone was 29?

Forgive my ignorance, I havent been much interested in PvP since they took us back out of BG without any warning at all.

I've been grinding out huntard alts to pass the time by mailing chanted looms over to a 10, stopping xp for the arti wep, then grinding BG's 10-20 and restarting with a new alt.
I definitely agree with your stance on 14, and I'll add that you'll also see a power drop around 15-16 where your killing blows will average out closer to the rest of the group, then at lvls 17-19 you're back on top of the leaderboards with 40-70 killing blows per match again. There's an odd power creep scaling going on that makes 10-13 feel the same as 15-16, but both are underpowered compared to 14 and 17-19. (20 feels weaker in open world compared to the scaling of lower levels so I assume the power creep is scaled to the BG brackets' design)

TLDR: Huntards ramp in power 10-14 with each lvl feeling stronger, then drop for 2 levels, then ramp right back up for the last 3 levels of the bracket.
yeah I spent a few weeks working on my 10s, but no matter what I do, I just don't seem to get that "twink feeling" from my hunters, so now with you guys having the same situation, we can confirm 14 in bg is way better than 10 for the hunter class

10 paladin update. So only reason for haste is agro on aoe. (0 haste = 0 problem if nor tunning with twinks). Haste has only 1 goal. Aoe. But if you play smart, you can hold agro 40+ dung mobs without. Crit insta kill 30 from those 40 rather than pull all. :) merry xmas!

yeah I spent a few weeks working on my 10s, but no matter what I do, I just don't seem to get that "twink feeling" from my hunters

I just got overwhelmed with the lack of actions... if that makes sense. Having one attack gets old when it's a cooldown.

Not even being able to "press one button" for most of every encounter simply doesnt feel good to me. Wanted to like it. :(

Having one attack gets old when it's a cooldown. Not even being able to "press one button" for most of every encounter simply doesnt feel good to me. Wanted to like it. :(

Roll a Vulpera or a Goblin. Grab the Murder of Crows talent.
You now have 2(3) attacks on cooldown! Triple the fun, gg profit!
For real tho, the racials are like a 2nd instant Aimed Shot and Murder let's ya sneak in that extra button press to feel skilled. Huntard only feels boring when ya can't show off the class' high skill ceiling, but the combo above at least makes ya feel less like a 1 button warrior

I just got overwhelmed with the lack of actions... if that makes sense. Having one attack gets old when it's a cooldown.

Not even being able to "press one button" for most of every encounter simply doesnt feel good to me. Wanted to like it. :(
I wanted to touch on this a bit. 10's (and 1's) have always been the 'Challenge Mode' Twink Level. What I mean is that those who Twink either Level do so to see what they can achieve WITHOUT many Abilities, WITHOUT access to much Gear, etc. Granted now that SL is here, gear is no issue for 10's and is better than ever for 1's.

From a PvE perspective, being able to 1-shot everything with auto attack (SL Pre-Patch 10's) isn't really the point. Being capable of soloing at Level content or grouping with other 10's to 'Raid' the Fel Reaver in HFP is. It's a "Look what I did while being gimped" type of attitude.

I'm still in process of Twinking 1 / 10 / 14 / 20-Vet / 39 & 49 and I can say that 10 works best for me right now. I haven't gotten deep into 14's yet and I'm certain they'll be fun. I'm losing the will to live on 49's, they just aren't anything special if I'm being honest. I've watched Level 51/52/53 Levelers kill 2 mobs faster than my VERY well geared 49's can kill one. 39's I've only just started, with my old 99 DH but it'll probably be lots of fun.

Bottom line, 10's aren't for everyone. The Community shot up dramatically due to all the bugged items because it was the new FoTM, just like 10 Discos in early Legion. Eventually all the toys get nerfed and all that's left are the OG 10's who aren't phased by the changes. Hell, 10's (after the nerfs) are in the best place they've been since WotLK.

Cant until level 15.... that's kinda the point.

That's a shame I didn't bother reading, but good thing Murder of Crows missing doesn't break what I said, it only removes the last part about "feeling more skilled by adding another button to press". That was almost a joke seeing as Aimed Shot + the Racials I mentioned pretty much kill most toons. But Racial is instant, so there's your 2 buttons to press instead of 1! Murder of Crows also is not the killing blow as it's just a instant DoT with no travel time.

Talents or not, same info still applies

I haven't gotten deep into 14's yet and I'm certain they'll be fun.

I would still do 15 instead in any context, just for the talent point. If it's for the scaling (i still dont understand) in BG, i get that, but you'll be 15 in a few games anyway so i guess it wouldnt matter until twinks stop doing it for levelers.

Ppl complain about buttons.. Well.. lvl 10 is classic on steroids. Classic you use 1 button macro for all. Lvl 10 has atleast 3 buttons.

Have not seen this mentioned anywhere, but I would be surprised if it wasn't known.

The Mark of Thrallmar vendor in Thrallmar sells a really good gem for 10 marks.

https://i.imgur.com/C6UUSxB.png

It shows on the vendor as +3 stamina +4 Critical strike. I only have 6 marks atm, so I am not sure if the stats are displaying wrong, but I should know in 2 days once I get enough.

Has anyone tested this gem to see if it retains the stats displayed at the vendor?

Last edited:
Had these drop today in Eye of Azshara on my level 11 hunter.

Attachments

• BOE Legs.png
    BOE Legs.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 255
Can we obtain the Legion Fishing artifact at level 10?
[doublepost=1609854960,1609850492][/doublepost]Also, do you guys recommend any specific level to farm greens for tertiaries and sockets? Do I need a level 15 or 16 char?

Can we obtain the Legion Fishing artifact at level 10?
No. The Bait requires much higher Level, because reasons.
Also, do you guys recommend any specific level to farm greens for tertiaries and sockets? Do I need a level 15 or 16 char?
11-16 will drop LvL 6 BoE Greens and Level 10 will drop LvL 7 Legion BoE Epics, also because reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread