10's Shadowlands Gear Guide

FUUUUCK!! Rank 6 Insignia is in fact available. It's an immediate turn in after hitting Exalted and getting the Rank 5 Trinket. That means I have 1 week to get Exalted on a bunch more 10's... fml.
Frostwolf Insignia Rank 6_cropped.jpg

@Hypno You have to use a 40+ to pull the NPC out to where you are outside the phasing area. It's pointless tbh, most likely being nerfed with tomorrow morning's Maintenance. Most of the iLvL 44 Gear is already nerfed on PTR, along with Azerite Shoulders and Legion end Zone Quest gear (a stupid decision imho). That's why none of that stuff is on this list as it was bound to get nerfed eventually.

Side note, I found a good Tanking Bracer for Plate and added it to the OP. So far it's the highest mitigation Plate Bracer I've found until you get lucky with a BfA Socket drop.

@DeLindsay Glad i farmed all gem gear. Think we are still pretty op all things considered
I'm still not even done farming "normalized" gear on any of my 10's and with that on I still feel almost as OP as back in WotLK, when 10's were insane.

Sloppy guide. The plate helmet from zangarmarsh quest is objectively BiS for plate weares because it gives more secondary stat distribution, compared to the wrath helm's stamina slot bonus
Furthermore, light-touched breastplate gives 2 less stats than both the chestplates from the slave pens dungeon, making it not BiS in comparison.
Also, why are the leatherworking, inscription, and engineering enchantments not listed under the enchantments section?

Sloppy guide. The plate helmet from zangarmarsh quest is objectively BiS for plate weares because it gives more secondary stat distribution, compared to the wrath helm's stamina slot bonus
Furthermore, light-touched breastplate gives 2 less stats than both the chestplates from the slave pens dungeon, making it not BiS in comparison.
Also, why are the leatherworking, inscription, and engineering enchantments not listed under the enchantments section?
RE: "sloppy guide" - I blame it on being a 300 lb dude named Chuck living in my Momma's basement in suburban Detroit... and a moderate obsession with Cheesy Poofs.

RE: Light-Touched Breastplate - You are correct, Unscarred Breastplate & Breastplate of Righteous Fury are superior to Light-Touched Breastplate. Not sure how I missed that, I guess because it drops more often than Lindsey Lohan's panties I just ASSumed it was BiS ;) (EDIT) corrected in the OP.

RE: Pandaria Leatherworking / Cataclysm Inscription not being listed under Enchants - They are listed under Professions AND both Shoulder and Leg sections. (EDIT) They are now also listed under Enchants.

RE: Engineering Tinkers not listed - I haven't leveled mine all up yet and don't have all the info needed to list them correctly, since Tool Tips are still fucked right now.

RE: Zangarmarsh Plate Helm being objectively BiS - That's why it's listed as another BiS option.

Last edited:
Not sure how long this has been live - but as an unsubbed lv 10 I can no longer even open Garrison rewards (follower upgrades or gear tokens)

Also Druid has truly lost aqua form, was working previously

It was. I think it’s a recent change, it always showed aqua form as lv17 but travel form still worked in the water. After patch day. Nothing.

Now that gears nerfed and I don’t have the artifact, I think I’ll be going back to 20 pretty soon unfortunately.

I can still solo dungeons, but not at the pace that made things fun. And it’s probably no longer worth not being able to pvp.

This gear guide just started magically looking super sexy to my now iLvl 11 BM monk all of a sudden... Excited to regear!

@oomf It's why I chose to go the route of what Gear would we likely be using AFTER Blizz's anti-FUN nerfbat swung hard. Yes, I know full well 10's were stupidly OP; God-Tier even. The nerfs were needed to bring all the weird bugs created with such a huge Game wide squish into line. Was fun while it lasted though, but honestly my 10 Protadin is basically the same as before, minus a few % points of this or that Stat. I did a test, stood facing a TBC Dungeon Boss with no Heals and after 1 minute had only lost ~140 Health. This was today, AFTER the nerfs and still not in full Socket gear but close.

Has anyone been able to use Garrison mission rewards at all since the last patch? I cant even use armor/weapon upgrade tokens for my followers, not to mention even open the gear tokens which provided the level gated equipment.

Feels real bad lately.

Was reading through this and just want to point this out now that dust has settled a bit.
Main = Engineering -OR- Alchemy
Inscription isn't good. There is no or in this, your main profession(s) should be engineering and alchemy. Get used to profession swapping with alch when you need to, but don't drop engineering.

Get 300 alch for the flask, then drop alch as you need too (pick up LW to enchant new legs or what not) but pick that shit right back up afterwards, a constant +4 main stat is far better than any 1/1 shoulder enchant you can get (you also lose out on Zookeeper and I'd rather Zookeeper than 1/1 stats, but that's just preference xd.)

Plus, and I haven't looked into it myself yet so I'm not 100% on this, but I think I've seen some 10s running around with old world rep shoulder enchants. Not an accurate claim, just saying we may discover more options that don't require a profession level as we play more (i.e. the Wintergrasp +1 sp enchant, even though it's broken.)

Engineering is also mandatory for belt tinkers and using goggles if you have no better alternative (I'm still not entirely convinced there's anything better than GFED green lens for clothies @ 10 atm, maybe a perfect lvl 6 BoE.)

Users who are viewing this thread