10's Shadowlands Gear Guide

Do we know anything about Crystal of insanity or whispering crystal? They are the ones that act as an elixir and give primary stats and are reusable. This would alleviate having to use alch. Also, what meta gems are best for deeps?

-fastankqueue

@Corvet95 I have Crystal of Insanity on my main 10 Achievement whore (one from MoP) and it has a Level req much higher than 10. And he's had it since way back, when MoP was current. Oralius' Whispering Crystal is from a Weekly Quest in a LvL 2 Tavern of your Garrison, both the LvL 2 Tavern and the Quest itself have Level requirements higher than 10.

Also, 4/4 Stats is inferior to the Shoulder Enchant + Battle Elixir (IF) you don't care about that 4 Stam. The Battle Elixirs at 10 are +3 Main Stat then you get 1/1 from the Shoulders for 1 Main Stat and 1 Crit, thus doing more DPS/HPS than the Alchemy 4/4. You also then benefit from the use of a Guardian Elixir as well. It just requires you to continually purchase/craft Elixirs.< More research is needed.

So for those who are lazy go Alchemy. For those who are min/maxing go Inscription + Elixirs.

Last edited:
FWIW: +13 Int from Spellpower Goggles Xtreme Plus is superior throughput to Rose Colored Goggles which is superior throughput to Master Engineer's Goggles. Since Clothies have zero options for Helms with Sockets/Meta, these are your BiS choices.

For PvP or really bad PvE Dungeon Groups it'd likely be reversed as you gain ~4/2% Versa with the Master Goggles plus a chunk of Stam.

I would like to add. For prot paladin lvl 10, from my exp stat ofc bis 1 armor 4 stam gem. But after. str > mastery > crit > versa = haste. Crit seems lame at first, but after you see what it can do.. oh boy. Im at 17-18% crit atm. Downing elites 1 judgement, 1 heal full etc. !dont take this as bis! Its just my exp so far. Gereminus - Azjol-Nerub EU.

Got lucky and got this
xjscDdg

[doublepost=1608295373,1608295319][/doublepost]Got lucky and got this

Attachments

• difference.JPG
    difference.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 347
FWIW: +13 Int from Spellpower Goggles Xtreme Plus is superior throughput to Rose Colored Goggles which is superior throughput to Master Engineer's Goggles. Since Clothies have zero options for Helms with Sockets/Meta, these are your BiS choices.

For PvP or really bad PvE Dungeon Groups it'd likely be reversed as you gain ~4/2% Versa with the Master Goggles plus a chunk of Stam.
Still a firm believer that gfed green lens is bis at 10. 6/9/13 stats is p bonkers.

I absolutely HATE how broken Wowhead is since Pre-Patch. I've spent dozens of hours Questing in Zones hoping for that sweet iLvL 18/19/20 item that they have listed for LvL 10 required Quests only to get a POS with like 2/2 Stats. Since Clothies are kinda screwed out of much of the really good TBC Socketed Dungeon gear, their only option is high Stat Quest items.

I would like to add. For prot paladin lvl 10, from my exp stat ofc bis 1 armor 4 stam gem. But after. str > mastery > crit > versa = haste. Crit seems lame at first, but after you see what it can do.. oh boy. Im at 17-18% crit atm. Downing elites 1 judgement, 1 heal full etc. !dont take this as bis! Its just my exp so far. Gereminus - Azjol-Nerub EU.

I've been stacking strength and haste=mastery and ignoring crit. Since judgment doesn't give holy power, im always starved and haste helps alleviate that by allowing more avengers shield. Not to mention that my judgment CD is like 4.8 seconds now so I'm essentially a ranged dps.

Haste has only small impact over all. You can drop what? 0.8 on 20%? When with crit you could be 20% and one shot all. (20% crit seems small ) but 1 shot 3 with avenge on cd is better than avenge bit earlier. At 10 stats scale strangely. Ele force wep has cd same with satyr. Both can crit. Just as bonus. Also there seems to be hidden crit buff 1-10. 20% crit is more like 50%. 18 judgements 12 crit.

Last edited:
FWIW, Holydin is absolutely terrible. I was hoping it'd be great so I could do something other than Tanking on my 10 Pally but nope. I haven't tried Retadin yet so can't comment there. For Healers Druid is ok due to it's ability to FC with appropriate mix of Gems but as a stand alone Healer it's not great. Holy Priest and Shaman are tits. I'll be working on my Monk soon to see if it's any good for Healing at 10.

I haven't tried Retadin yet so can't comment there.

Ret can do some serious damage, but sadly it's still behind prot in my testing. Judgement can 1 shot elites very often regardless of spec, but having judgement + shield throwing puts prot above all else. Having 20%+ crit in all specs shows similar damages, with holy still behind. Can even heal dungeons as prot. Stats seem to scale the same way at 20, with prot > ret > holy, and the 1st 2 being viable as heals without changing.

PS - Prot pally from 10-20 is the only class that kept up with my huntard through a BG grind with similar kills/damage done.

FWIW, Holydin is absolutely terrible. I was hoping it'd be great so I could do something other than Tanking on my 10 Pally but nope. I haven't tried Retadin yet so can't comment there. For Healers Druid is ok due to it's ability to FC with appropriate mix of Gems but as a stand alone Healer it's not great. Holy Priest and Shaman are tits. I'll be working on my Monk soon to see if it's any good for Healing at 10.

I have bad experiences when I tried healing aswell the lack of abilities makes it very unapealing. Especielly Disc who's mastery ability is first unlocked at level 12 lol

I had problem with my lvl10 hunters.. Tried everything.. Relatively good overall damage on the bg scoreboard BUT just not good enough.. Need to hit lvl14 to really be able to 1 shot most players in the 10-19 bg
I'm moving all my 10s to 14s .. Using all socketed gears from dungeon, especially those with versa stat, 2 pieces of lvl14 Tsunami crafted with max mastery and minimum versa (harmonious) bracer and boots, engin lvl14 crafted helm and dragonling trinket, of the deep necklace with trained soldier enchant, 2 lvl14 socketed JC rings (1 ring with 1 socket, the other ring with 2 sockets) , and JC lvl14 crafted Boar 2 socket trinket. Use 3 agil gem for all sockets and full enchants including shoulder (from aldor).. This setup is for any hunter wanting maximum dmg. You just need to gear at lvl14, it can last you till the end of this bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread