World Drop Farming Compendium (ilvl 28 BoEs)

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Gobolord, Jan 24, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Gobolord

Gobolord Member

INTRO:
    Hey guys, I've gotten to a point in gearing where my remaining upgrades are random world drops. Namely ilvl 28 uncommons, and legion epics for chaos crystal. After searching through this forum, I found a few threads and some comments discussing the best places to farm. Since they were all spread out, (some useful comments on unrelated threads) I thought it would be nice if it was all in one place.

So in this Thread, I have tried to assemble all the farming spots that i've found, but also, I'd like to know your go-to farm(s). If you'd like to submit a farm, make clear in your reply:

• What you are farming for. (ilvl 28 boes, crafting recipes, destiny, etc.)
    • Where you are farming (zone at the very least, preferably coordiantes and sub-zone)
    • What mobs you are killing (Wowhead link ideally, but just proper name or a good where^ is fine)
    • How successful the farm has been and/or why its a good place to farm plus any tips.
    Disclaimer: These sorts of grinds are pretty obscene, often requiring thousands of mob kills over the course of days of in-game time, even with good farming spots. On top of that, these upgrades are only slightly better than easier to obtain alternatives. Vets can "just" buy them from the AH, but if you're F2P and have to do it all yourself, don't feel like you have to do this just to compete.

*Edit as of Oct 11 2021*
    I have spent very little time here on the forums recently, but I still intend to update this post. So, if you post a farming spot and want it included in the list, please post it as a normal reply and send me a PM and I'll add it as soon as I can.

If I have included your post in the list and you would like it removed, PM me or reply.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    Gobolord

Gobolord Member

FARMS (spoiler city BABY):

ilvl 28 BoE's / Epics:
    • To get to Nazmir as alliance go to the Echo Isles in the south of Durotar and take the boat to Zuldazar.
    • To get to Drustvar as Horde, get to stormwind harbour. You can swim there from westfall. Die to the guards then get on the boat to Boralus as a ghost. Once there, die again from fatigue (running out of the map). Then rez at the spirit healer.
    I have only formatted one of his suggested spots because the mobs in Vol'dun and Stormsong will not drop gear usable for level 20's.
    This is where I have been farming. I chose it because, according to wowhead, the subjugators have the highest droprate of Etched Bone Ring. All of them also have unusally high droprate of greens in general, and they respawn fast enough I could do laps around the pyramid they're on and never run out.

With 749, 989, and 704, kills respectively, I have gotten 51 items. That gives approximately .02 items per kill, I have kept 2 with sockets. I don't remember if there were any more.
    This is the "second spot" he mentions.
    This is my preferred spot for farming cloth at the same time as BoE's. In 1267 kills split roughly evenly, I got 16 items, or .013 items per kill. I also got 700 Tidespray Linen, and 35 Deep Sea Satin.
    Notes:
    • To get ilvl 28 items (including +7 Relics) from level 20 zones (legion) you need a level 24 or 25 character. To get ilvl 28's from level 25 zones(BFA) you only need a level 20 character.
    • Any farm for greens is also suitable for epics which is why they are grouped.
    • Make sure the mobs you are going to grind have the slot/armor type you're after. Some don't drop rings, or cloth etc.
    • You can have any Chromie time enabled while farming.
    • For vets, legion farming is much faster because they don't drop weapons. In my experience weapons are ~50% of the items you get from BFA farming.
    Other:
    blastroute.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. CedTruz

CedTruz New Member

Hey!
    One of the best farms i have found as a level 20, for ilvl 28 greens, is the Falhaven pigs in Drustvar. They respawn VERY fast, and have a fairly high drop chance for those ilvl28 green items! The location is Just up the hill from where the ferry drops you off at Falhaven, and the mobs in question are called "Falhaven Pig" https://www.wowhead.com/npc=124170/fallhaven-pig

• Like Like x 6
  4. Andre

Andre R1 Candle Thief Moderator

it's in his guide already:

• Like Like x 2
  5. CedTruz

CedTruz New Member

OH My bad! Dunno how i missed that :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andre

Andre R1 Candle Thief Moderator

the goblin loves him some
    SPOILERS!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brilliant

Brilliant Legend

Also worth noting if your after level 20 epics. don't go on a level 24-25(For Legion)
    BFA: AFAIK, They do not scale down.

Also to get Classic World epics i'm pretty sure you need to be below level 20 aswell. My hunch is level 17 or 18. I got a Warden Staff on my 20 that one was req level 23. That was from a container however. So might be different for actual drops. Non-Dungeon specific ones, Zone specific and mob specific.

Also BoE Blues drop at level so like Essence Focuser from TBC. Especially weapons they drop at level 20 for level 20s. Seem like Armor pieces drop to level 18. Haven't done testing on a 22-23 char yet to see if there's level 20 versions of them.

Also it seems that world Drop epics in WoD and MoP might be scaling to level. Seen trinkets and weapons that's at level 20. (This however i haven't confirmed myself)
    For WoD I would probably recommend farming Iron Docks with a high level friend
    (Have yet to get a drop myself so do this with precautions that it might not be worth.)

Weapons with sockets from BFA is also farmable on a level 21-22 i think someone told me. Ofcourse you'll get a bunch of stupid gearpieces that's unusable for the most part. Someone correct me on this one if i'm wrong.(However at a max iLevel of 25 it seems. So Weapons, shields, offhands.)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dragynslayer

Dragynslayer Veteran

9. Brilliant

Brilliant Legend

Also if you link an epic from WoWHead to a level 20 char it scales to 23. Wheras if you link it on a level 17-18 it goes to level 18. This ofc might not mean anything at all. But atleast it might be a lil' bit of info.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Loveto

Loveto Member

Other Azsuna farming spot for ilvl 28 boes and storm and frost relics. Shackle's Den flight point, then south to Temple of a Thousand Lights.

Haven't been back there in a couple weeks, so don't have the mob names on hand. It's the elementals and banshees graphics. Edit: Seeing Ancient Chillwitch in the video. :)

Good farm spot as hyper spawns.

• Like Like x 4
    • F F x 1
  11. OP
    Gobolord

Gobolord Member

I like this nickname. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Alkazar

Alkazar Grandfathered

Quick tip for those farming greens in Nazmir. Set your Hearthstone to the inkeeper at Fort Victory so you have a teleport to Zandalar and not going by the boat every time. There is even a teleport to Boralus from Dockmaster here so you won't loose your HS at Boralus (if you have it set there).

ALSO
    I was farming Nazmir on my 20 F2P here and for me the best seems to be the blood trolls next to Zul'jan Ruins.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CHRIS4818

CHRIS4818 Grandfathered

remember the pigs in drustvar dont loot cloth armor

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brilliant

Brilliant Legend

How many epic items are we talking about here btw? Just so that we can be pretty sure about the fact. and were there armor pieces aswell or just weapons ?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gixxer66

Gixxer66 Member

I was curious about item levels of Blue / Epic drops from Classic Zones so took a high level and a 25 to my favorite farming spot in a Vanilla zone. It left more questions than answers ..

The only Blue items I looted were on the level 50 - so no results.

The 25 got an Epic Staff drop, which caught me out completely as it had a level requirement of 26 ! So I'm more confused than ever .... I'll link the item after work.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=812/glowing-brightwood-staff?bonus=6661

Edit Confused Item Level and Required Level - Should have been Level 26 Req - Item level 31

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Loktardocrap

Loktardocrap Member

Just wanted to confirm before starting the grind... so essentially pick one of these places and grind grind grind, at which point I will 'eventually' get all ilvl 28 BoE pieces, as well as the ones I want (Harmonious for example)?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brilliant

Brilliant Legend

I feel like the golden level for weapons is level 17 or 18. For classic zones. Especially the high level zones. As we know for sure they used to drop there and on the loot table. armor pieces im not sure. Also afaik theres not really any thats probably worth from classic zones.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RiverpawGrinder

RiverpawGrinder Member

Just randomly scan through wowhead's list, it seems that all the Drustvar mobs drop like the Fallhaven pigs - plate/mail/leather lvl28 green armors but no cloth. Can i really farm cloth armors in Drustvar? I prefer Drustvar since the mobs seem to drop more gold than Nazmir.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    Gobolord

Gobolord Member

Yep. Many vets roll a lvl 24/25 character or multiple, just to grind faster. It's also worth gearing that character specifically to grind since small speed increases work out to big time saves over the course of 10k kills.

• Like Like x 2