SL Guide and FAQs

how much will Journeyman riding cost in SL? will it be fore than the 10g f2p? will f2ps have to sub at least once to get faster mount speed?

0MrGh0Y.png

ez win

I'll be daggone. Props, @Conzil , I never would have believed it.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this changes a lot of twinking plans for a lot of people.

So whats best to do prio. to the prepatch if you wanna play 20 vet?

Level up to 45, collect your MOH, buy shat gear, train engineering and yurn xp off? or keep it on??

They can buy G'eras gear on live, which then scales to a higher item level than the versions they can buy after the patch. And any dungeon blue gear they get in the high 70s seems to get "squished" to item level 34, which is the same they would earn from running dungeons after the patch. Quest rewards, as well.

Shatt gear won't scale down until the prepatch.

Shatt gear won't scale down until the prepatch.
But you can purchase it and have it in your bags (Soulbound to that Character) so when Pre-Patch hits you should be able to put it right on, unless Blizz sticks a LvL ~25 requirement on it.

But you can purchase it and have it in your bags (Soulbound to that Character) so when Pre-Patch hits you should be able to put it right on, unless Blizz sticks a LvL ~25 requirement on it.
isn't there a level requirement on the purchase itself?

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this changes a lot of twinking plans for a lot of people.
true, a lot of people are not very good at pvp and those same people were thinking maybe it won't be 20 but good players knew 20 was a strong possibility and great players like me expected it

there isnt a req on buying it but it does req 27 when copied over so idk wtf they are talking about
Just logged into Beta on my 10 that I leveled to 20, bought an item from Geras on Live and sure as shit, it's LvL 27 requirement on Beta, ALL Geras gear, iLvL 27, 28 and 32. It is still purchasable in Beta at 10 and is LvL 10 for the iLvL 27/28 gear but the iLvL 32 requires LvL 27.

Dang, so we get access to even more dungeon drops if it is true, and a bunch of other stuff(which potentially may not be scaled as well). What is the ilvl available at 20? Is the stat increase worth it? is it worth it to be lvl 44 before the squish for any unique gear? I imagine the ilvl doesnt beat out current legion gear or other non scaling gear? If we are gonna be farming for dungeons early on, it may be beneficial to stay lvl 10 for the easy dungeon scaling first then lvl to 20 once we have everything. What if the HS dev had the info wrong? I guess we will know for sure on release.

After taking a brief look I can at least say for certainty that unless something gets nerfed non scaling ilvl stuff and gems will rein supreme, barring some op procs being available(which it most likely will be). Even if gems get nerfed I imagine something will be grandfathered in terms of ilvl, this is gonna be interesting. At least the secondaries I imagine wont go nearly as high as they did at 10 tho. So much is uncertain, but gear choice is still fairly clear barring odd pieces.

Wait - just to be clear, so for the shattrath gear, do i need to buy it before the prepatch?
I think the lvl requirement is set to the level you buy it at only after the prepatch launches, but I am unsure. I think the default lvl requirement carries over if you buy it beforehand and not to your lvl, making it unuseable. Its rare for a lvl requirement to not carry over(like black empire), but this is a unique patch.

After taking a brief look I can at least say for certainty that unless something gets nerfed non scaling ilvl stuff and gems will rein supreme, barring some op procs being available(which it most likely will be). Even if gems get nerfed I imagine something will be grandfathered in terms of ilvl, this is gonna be interesting. At least the secondaries I imagine wont go nearly as high as they did at 10 tho. So much is uncertain, but gear choice is still fairly clear barring odd pieces.

10 is absolutely crackers with all the gear. It would happily go toe-to-toe with lvl 35 mobs, if only you didn't keep missing. When you bring the 10 up to 20 though the differential in scaling is greatly reduced in the world. The artifact weapon appears not to scale (picks up at iLvl 20 as a 20), and the Shatt gear is less impressive. F2p 20s will have some work ahead getting gemmed gear equivalent to vets and will have to level through the four Legion zones to get the weapon in shape (or get good drops). There is a minlevel restriction on the third slot and I haven't been able to test when / if it opens for a 20. At least vets have access to the class hall vendor weapon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread