SL Guide and FAQs

As far as Legion dungeon loot being ilvl 44, they seem to show a "req level" of whatever you are. The ilvl always stays the same.

Might just be a dungeon journal bug with ilvl. I'm in Q, will post if I get a drop.

Some BG info
[doublepost=1601609251,1601607452][/doublepost]
upload_2020-10-1_21-27-27.png

[doublepost=1601609426][/doublepost]The first tear is NOT your trinket, I guess maybe we knew that, now that I think about it. Some fun options, I hope we get 20.
upload_2020-10-1_21-29-59.png

[doublepost=1601610331][/doublepost]Sigh so...

You can't actually start these expansions while your xp is off. Here's what I did.
  • Made Allied Race
  • Talked with Chromie, started Legion.
  • Quested in Legion, leveled to 20.
  • Went back to Org to lock XP. Shaltz talks to me, no option to actually lock it though.
  • Talked to Chromie, told her I wanted to go back to normal time.
  • This cleared my dungeon Q, also Legion dungeons are NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO Q. The only thing I can Q is BfA.
  • Went back to Shaltz, I can now lock my XP.
  • Went back to Chromie with xp locked, she no longer lets me start an expansion.
Maybe we can work the system with a lapsed sub but this looks like a direct hit to twinks, you can't just lock and grind every expansion for perfect gear. In fact you can't really grind anything except BfA unless you get the exact item you want at the level you want without dinging.

Last edited:
As far as Legion dungeon loot being ilvl 44, they seem to show a "req level" of whatever you are. The ilvl always stays the same.

Might just be a dungeon journal bug with ilvl. I'm in Q, will post if I get a drop.

Some BG info
[doublepost=1601609251,1601607452][/doublepost]View attachment 16920
[doublepost=1601609426][/doublepost]The first tear is NOT your trinket, I guess maybe we knew that now that I think about it. Some fun options, I hope we get 20.
View attachment 16921

You can't actually start these expansions while your xp is off. Here's what I did.
  • Made Allied Race
  • Went back to Org to lock XP. Shaltz talks to me, no option to actually lock it though.
  • This cleared my dungeon Q, also Legion dungeons are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The only thing I can Q is BfA.
  • Went back to Chromie with xp locked, she no longer lets me start an expansion.
Maybe we can work the system with a lapsed sub but this looks like a direct hit to twinks, you can just lock and grind every expansion for perfect gear. In fact you can;t really grind anything except BfA unless you get the exact item you want at the level you want without dinging.
Haven't been on the PTR for a while but can't you just walk in and do the dungeons that way anymore? That's how I got my 44 pieces a month or so ago.

Haven't been on the PTR for a while but can't you just walk in and do the dungeons that way anymore? That's how I got my 44 pieces a month or so ago.
So I can still teleport back to legion dal and my quests are here. So it's just a restriction on dungeon Qs? So weird. Let me try and solo one.

you CAN do all the different expansions with xp off via quests on the warboard. it is true there seems to be an issue with new toons turning off there xp and entering chromie time, however copied toons with there xp off can freely chose different timelines so currently unkown what will happen come prepatch. the only way to do the dungeons while not in chromie time is indeed to walk to them

The first tear is NOT your trinket, I guess maybe we knew that, now that I think about it. Some fun options, I hope we get 20.

that is correct now that there is a pvp vendor again they removed the pvp trinket talent so if that's something you want you will have to use the BOA one

Soloing dungeons on a non-healer or off-heal class will suck hard at 20.

Tried a few on my Huntard and Warrior and wasn’t the nicest experience. Most bosses are quite scary at 20.
Yea its quite a bit different then when I walked in with a twinked 10.

Some BG info
[doublepost=1601609251,1601607452][/doublepost]View attachment 16920
[doublepost=1601609426][/doublepost]The first tear is NOT your trinket, I guess maybe we knew that, now that I think about it. Some fun options, I hope we get 20.
View attachment 16921

• Made Allied Race
  • This cleared my dungeon Q, also Legion dungeons are NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO Q. The only thing I can Q is BfA.
Maybe we can work the system with a lapsed sub but this looks like a direct hit to twinks, you can't just lock and grind every expansion for perfect gear. In fact you can't really grind anything except BfA unless you get the exact item you want at the level you want without dinging.

Chromie looks to be just a TW instance facilitator. You can freely pick up starting quests for the expacs elsewhere. The only thing extra she brings is the magic swirl and the queues. Looks like we can cheese it by bringing toons to prepatch, but we're on our own for new rolls.

F2p might have an edge there since they aren't xpoff.

Last edited:
Chromie looks to be just a TW instance facilitator. You can freely pick up starting quests for the expacs elsewhere. The only thing extra she brings is the magic swirl and the queues. Looks like we can cheese it by bringing toons to prepatch, by we're on our own for new rolls.

F2p might have an edge there since they aren't xpoff.
Yea I think its tied to Timewalking, I have the Timewalking buff. It's still so buggy, I started BC then reset to normal time, the intro quest stayed. I used the Blastlands portal, it threw me into Legion phase and dropped my quest. I had to walk all the way out, talk to Blastedland's Chromie to phase it to BC and then I walked through the portal. Once there, I could take quests fine.

I bought the Shatt gear and gemmed on a 20, it's not that strong but it's something. I think 20 ilvl is 25 so a few higher. I could solo a bit of Blood Furnace but didn't try a boss.

If all that comes out of this is we have to form groups to dungeon, sounds like fun.

I bought the Shatt gear and gemmed on a 20, it's not that strong but it's something. I think 20 ilvl is 25 so a few higher. I could solo a bit of Blood Furnace but didn't try a boss.

The only instance I tried so far is Stockade, on a 10 bm with the azerite, Shatt gear fully gemmed and bow from the grumpy Worgen in the class hall. The first two bosses were np, but Hogger was a bit slower. The pet is good to have in the way for sure.

• Made Allied Race

I just made a thread discussing what I found on this. If your character is XP locked when imported, Chromie Time works (just don't change the setting). Definitely no way to make it work on a new character, and if you change the setting it breaks.

However ... there's a workaround. If you have a friend who is in the timewalking campaign you want, you will be able to queue for that set of dungeons with them.

I just made a thread discussing what I found on this. If your character is XP locked when imported, Chromie Time works (just don't change the setting). Definitely no way to make it work on a new character, and if you change the setting it breaks.

However ... there's a workaround. If you have a friend who is in the timewalking campaign you want, you will be able to queue for that set of dungeons with them.
To clarify, by "when imported" do you mean the day the PrePatch goes live and the Levels are squished? I have all my Twinks' XP On right now, sitting at the FP waiting to re-level back to w/e Twink Level I had them at. Should I turn XP Off on them all and wait for the squish?

do you mean the day the PrePatch goes live and the Levels are squished?

not sure how it will work come actual launch but for example rn on PTR if you want a xpoff 19 to be able to use chromie time you must copy a 43-44 that has there xp off already. where as if you just copy a current 19 over then level it back to 19 and lock its xp you will not be able to enter chromie time. dungeon finder seems to be the only thing exclusive to chromie time. all expansion start quests can be picked up via warboard/adventure guide and completed while not in chromie time. Also you can still do all dungeons by walking to them while not in chromie time.

Users who are viewing this thread