SL Guide and FAQs

Are we talking quests here?
pretty much any quest ya haven't knocked out as of yet, namily because of the time restraint.

you could go for farming for some rare transmogs from rare mobs in the meantime, but that's kind of too late to do that right now if it has a low drop chance and the other stuff that involves time investment will probably take too long to do since the grind will require time to get.

the only other thing i can think of is farming those bg badges. just hope there's people on your team better than your opponent's team.

And thanks for the answer btw.

np

Would you level to 45, then lock xp and do quests, and then unlock so again just before the prepatch ?
sadly i'm not gonna chance that with my main account. i'd much rather use my active ptp account, get those items, not worry about them potentially being locked.

despite of the finding about ftp/btp being still 20, i'd much rather make sure that i can wait and see if that's true or not. since the pre-patch is still not live, there's little evidence that one blizz dev said could be true, and remember that they can still not be up-to-date with everything to the point where one can say one thing and another can say otherwise. they've done so in the past, they can still do that now.

so tl:dr for the above paragraph: use a alt account to do level 45 or above for current content for now and don't level your main account incase that backfires in SL.

I'd much rather play the, "safe than sorry game", tbh.

F2p 20s will have some work ahead getting gemmed gear equivalent to vets
fwiw, at level 20 gear from dungeons should be like level 24. Shatt gear is level 27. Might be a point or two difference across some stats. At that ilvl, people will probably also want to forgo a bunch of shatt gear anyway because socketed dungeon sets drop from TBC dungeons and iirc, the full set is available at 20. There are some juicy set bonuses depending on spec. The gap between f2p and vet gear is going to be substantially smaller than it has been.

Assuming, of course, Legion gear either doesnt get nerfed or gets nerfed but retains a decently high ilvl. It may erase the need for sockets almost entirely.

how much will Journeyman riding cost in SL? will it be fore than the 10g f2p? will f2ps have to sub at least once to get faster mount speed?

50 gold (minus any rep discount) on PTR. So unless gold cap changes, yes.
[doublepost=1602089347,1602088444][/doublepost]
But you can purchase it and have it in your bags (Soulbound to that Character) so when Pre-Patch hits you should be able to put it right on, unless Blizz sticks a LvL ~25 requirement on it.

Just logged into Beta on my 10 that I leveled to 20, bought an item from Geras on Live and sure as shit, it's LvL 27 requirement on Beta, ALL Geras gear, iLvL 27, 28 and 32. It is still purchasable in Beta at 10 and is LvL 10 for the iLvL 27/28 gear but the iLvL 32 requires LvL 27.

@Waiwhat and @DeLindsay Correct. I am building 29s, not 20s, so for my purposes, it is better to buy the gear on live, now, as it will scale to ilvl 32 instead of 27. But buying the gear now does not change the required level to equip the gear (except that the level 70 requirement becomes level 27). If you're going for 20, you can't do this.

50 gold (minus any rep discount) on PTR. So unless gold cap changes, yes.
[doublepost=1602089347,1602088444][/doublepost]

@Waiwhat and @DeLindsay Correct. I am building 29s, not 20s, so for my purposes, it is better to buy the gear on live, now, as it will scale to ilvl 32 instead of 27. But buying the gear now does not change the required level to equip the gear (except that the level 70 requirement becomes level 27). If you're going for 20, you can't do this.

No idea here, can you get to outlands on a low level char as of right now and do anything useful there - rep or anything else, or do you have to wait for SL.

No idea here, can you get to outlands on a low level char as of right now and do anything useful there - rep or anything else, or do you have to wait for SL.
I had to use my Mage to port my 10's to Shatt on Live so they are standing next to Geras when the Pre-Patch goes live. The Dark Portal in UC requires 58 on Live.

If your class only cares about agility/intellect and critical strike, then Shatt Gem gear is the way to go.

If your class cares about more than just those stats, you will want Legion Dungeon gear. I don't believe that's been patched out yet... Anyone know for sure?

Users who are viewing this thread