F2PDev, Chardev.org for the Trial Twink

Hashbrowns

Legend
F2PDev 2.3

A reliable character builder for scaled starter twinks in battlegrounds. Select your race/class/spec and gear and build your character to see what your stats would be in BG's!

bTMUn7i.png

What's a character builder:
It's something that lets you specify what gear and enchants you want your toon to have so that you can see how your toon's stats (health for example) would be affected without actually having to equip the item in game. It is therefore a very useful service for making strategies and choices around gearing your toon.

Useful when finding true BiS list (for example):
Is the stamina gained from choosing MM over BoA worth it as a FC?
Can I hard cap Shatters to always crit?
What kind of speed will my daggers be swinging if I stack haste and use Slice and Dice?

What you need to get it working:
Java, which if you are on a Windows machine you probably already have.
If you are on a MAC or need to update your version that can be done here.

Current Release (2.3) changes:
-Fixed incorrect satchel belt rewards being available to some classes.
-Available gear in the scroll window has been alphabetized.
-Added/Fixed some gear.
-Added item pictures.
-Added buffs and professions.
-Added “remove” for gear (right mouse click).
-Cleaned up a lot of the layout; images don’t slide around like crazy when scrolling through gear anymore.
-Fixed a lot of internal code to scale better with future plans. It’s much cleaner and faster.
-Aspect of the Hawk is computed as a passive and gives a 35% increase to Hunter attack power.
-Expanded Item Preview Window and Main Hand Slot to correctly display items with lots of text and not cut them off.
-Fixed Rune of Perfection and Rune of Duty to be available to their correct classes
-Put buffs in alphabetical order.
-Added more flavor text to some items.
-Expanded Off-Hand Slot to prevent chants from being cut off.
-Added Farstrider's Longbow for Horde and rare Insignia Trinkets
-Fixed +3 Intellect chant being incorrectly available for Guns and Bows.
Hotfixed (6-6-2014):
-Added Screenshot ability (Ctrl-P). It allows you to quickly save a picture of your gear for easier uploading to Twinkinfo.com.
-Fixed haste % increases for Eclipse, Slice-n-dice, etc.
-Added Flurry for Enhancement Shamans.
-Added energy regen stat for Rogues.
-Small fit and finish updates.
-Added buffs and professions into stats pane so they show in your screenshot.
-Added requested gear.

Download
WoD Releases:
F2PDev3.0 (ETA end of year)

MoP Releases:
F2PDev2.3
F2PDev2.2
F2PDev2.1
F2PDev1.0(beta)

Known Issues:
Attack power, I know. I need correct formulas. Looking to tighten up numbers in 3.1, after WoD release.

Last edited by a moderator:
FAQ:
-How do I use Save…
Just give it whatever name you want and click Save. Don’t worry about a file extension, it’s just going to strip it off and force it to be saved as a text file anyways. Save your gear list and share it on Twinkinfo. Anyone with F2PDev can download and view it!

-It's missing the gear I use...
I built my list based off http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/gear-scaling-index-61966/ so it's not everything. Please post the gear you want added in that thread and I'll gladly add it here.

-Total Effective Health...
It factors in reductions from resilience and armor for physical attacks. For tanks, it also factors in your armor damage reduction against lvl 25 mobs (such as stocks/BFD). For prot warriors all Total Effective Health stats include the 25% damage reduction from Defensive Stance.

-I double click the download and nothing happens…
You probably need to update your Java, follow the link above.

-My virus scan warns me before downloading this could be a virus…
It's just an unlicensed executable that it doesn't know about. You are fine to proceed. Here's a test if you have concerns.

Why I did this:
I was always inspired by [MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION] and his work on the addon. I really wanted to give back to the community, in particular our awesome group on BWL so this is my contribution. Hopefully you find it useful. Happy twinking out there!

Shoutouts:
Big thanks to [MENTION=12859]Sabzep[/MENTION], [MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION], [MENTION=16968]sevenslacks7[/MENTION], [MENTION=17349]Sly[/MENTION], [MENTION=6328]Snowjobs[/MENTION], [MENTION=16851]Riptides[/MENTION], [MENTION=18283]Cheesetoast[/MENTION], and [MENTION=10922]Buckeye[/MENTION] for posting character info and helping me test in the early stages.

Wow, really well done! Major props! One thing that would be really nice if there were pictures of the items that you select. Just some more random ideas, maybe some visual touches (in a later stage) and a talent choice thing and professions. I've stickied this because it's awesome and should help a lot of people. Thanks for this very nice contribution! :)

Wow, really well done! Major props! One thing that would be really nice if there were pictures of the items that you select. Just some more random ideas, maybe some visual touches (in a later stage) and a talent choice thing and professions. I've stickied this because it's awesome and should help a lot of people. Thanks for this very nice contribution! :)

Awesome thank you! :) I'd like to do professions someday, thanks for the ideas ;)

would be nice keep a thread on the front page that isn't stickied that way ppl will notice it more at least until everyone knows about it .

I can unsticky it for now and sticky it again at OPs request. Do you want me to do that [MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION]?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S7500 met Tapatalk

-What Whatgoesup said. The visual is important. If you add each item's icon, it would make it easier to coordinate. Class colors? A green health bar? Class, race, specialization icons?
-The saved profiles section (which I can see you're currently working on). Being like chardev: you'll want to use this for multiple characters, gear sets, races and specs. If there is a way to open saved, previously worked on profiles up so you can compare two profiles or switch between. You could name each profile yourself eg. FC set, Crit set etc. Maybe if there is a saved profiles tab on the right with the other tabs to store all the profiles and make them easy to click on.
-You are missing these items: Tum. Cloak ...of the Champion and ...of the Bear.
-Links to wowhead on all the items (maybe just a little arrow or "wh")
-Add automatic hit cap for healing specs
-Link to online? Right now F2PDev is specifically offline, maybe in the future there is room for a share option for saved profiles.
-Further indication of grandfathered items/enchants. New players might not be clear on the orange color. eg. "(gf)"
-Monks? This is up for debate ofc but as I see it there has been p2p's that have rolled monks in the past with f2p restrictions. I'm guessing it's harder for you to get information on their stats but maybe it's worth considering? I don't know. Maybe ask other people what they think seeing as it's not traditionally f2p.
-Profession passives like mining and skinning buff
-Expertise as a stat %

That's all the feedback I could muster for now. Keep up the great work!

Few things I thought of as well. Sure some have already been brought up.

- Not major since neither are considered bis buffs but the +1 dmg for bows and the +2 dodge for wrists.
- Cloak resistance. Not sure if this is a stat you were able to factor in during your tests or not however would be nice.
- Possibly adding a second "backup" box kind of like the chardev. For ex being able to switch back and forth from agm to insginia to see the differences. Would be alot easier to compare items instead of making a whole new set and just having 1/2 items being different
- Pictures
- Something the chardev wasn't able to do but I would love if you could. Adding in the extra 15 haste buff from herb. Like for ex. I have let's say 50 dps without it but when I add it I go up to 55 dps. Maybe add a small button somewhere that says "15 haste buff" or "enable herb buff" or something like that. Idk just an idea I thought of
Hunter
Mainly since I only play a hunter these are some things I feel would be helpful.
- Dmg
- DPS
- Attack Speed
- Dodge %
- Exp %
- Pets.. I know this maybe tough to factor in however pet dmg/dps is a big factor for hunts that the chardev doesn't factor in. Like armor/dps or whatever is possible to calculate for a pet

If you feel any of these things I mentioned would benefit your idea either PM me with exactly what numbers/stats/tests you need or just tell me what you need help with. If I can help getting any of these just tell me how :) Keep up the work!

This is great, thank you, I know nothing about hunters. Let me go over a few of your things:
- Dmg: So this is just autos as far as I know. Is that something you like to check out?
- DPS: Again, autos
- Attack Speed: I really thought about this and DPS and it almost made it in but again, it's autos. Special attacks use normalized weapons speeds so I didn't think it was a big deal. If you and fellow melee like to to check out your auto damage I'll see if I can add it in. It's a bigger step though so I might wait until WoD to see what changes.
- Dodge % I didn't do dodge, it won't be there in a few months so I left it off.
- Exp % Same with exp

switch back and forth from agm to insginia to see the differences
So you can do that now kind of, just click a new piece and your stats will adjust. But I know what you are after, the compare window. That's another bigger change, but it would be nice.

professions/15 haste buff
Yea this is coming soon probably.

Cloak resistance. Not sure if this is a stat you were able to factor in
Yea the enchant is there, it's not factored in but it could be... I axed a lot of resistance stuff since it's so rare now and I wanted to get a version out to test main stats.

A lot of people are looking for this, tbh I didn't want to mess with so many little images at the time lol But next release they should be there.

Users who are viewing this thread