Shadowforge Bushmaster vs Bow of Searing Arrows

So after being stupidly confused, It seems that yes, the AA damage on SFBM scales a lot better with attack power. The instant damage on BOSA on average is only +1 higher than SFBM due to normalization.

Can you give some numbers to compare? Maybe your AP, what you're attacking and your avg auto attack for each weapon?

Depending on the data it could even be worth looking back at Sniper Rifle of the Monkey.

Can you give some numbers to compare? Maybe your AP, what you're attacking and your avg auto attack for each weapon?

Depending on the data it could even be worth looking back at Sniper Rifle of the Monkey.

This is all going to be going off of just Auto attack damage. The ability damage is just the numbers you see on the weapon.

base_weapon_damage + (weapon_speed * 39.28) 550 AP Baseline for 39 hunter.

BUSHMASTER Ammo
66 avg hit.
2.9 AS.
86 Top end.
Score: 179.912

BOSA(Not including proc) Ammo
67.5 avg hit.
2.7 AS.
88 Top end.
Score: 173.556

Sniper Rifle(Not including stats) Ammo
61 avg hit.
3.0 AS.
65 top end.
Score: 178.84

Suprised to see the sniper rifle score higher average hit than the BOSA

Someone please feel free to correct me.

Oh right on, I thought you had been doing some in game testing. Still great to see it laid out. That sniper rifle is a budget sleeper pick indeed.

Also reminder that farming precision arrows is not really sustainable, and with razor arrows being the only alternative, BoSA pretty much loses its edge.

Also reminder that farming precision arrows is not really sustainable, and with razor arrows being the only alternative, BoSA pretty much loses its edge.
This 1000%. You'll burn through 1000 ammo in 3-4 hours. You can only kill the dwarves 5/hr and you only get 100-200 arrows each time.

Using precision arrows is only sustainable if you have literally 2-3 characters dedicated to farming them. That sounds ridiculous to me.

To argue that, the arrow farming isn't that big of a deal. It is a hassle, but you get 160-200 every time and you can skip ALL trash, kill the one dwarf and run out. Takes about 1 minute per run and log off. Not arguing BoSA vs Bush, but it's not like it's hard to do or THAT big of a hassle as you may think.

Edit: Means it takes about 5-8 minutes for nearly 1000 arrows per hour. Just go do something else until that hour is up and do it again.

To argue that, the arrow farming isn't that big of a deal. It is a hassle, but you get 160-200 every time and you can skip ALL trash, kill the one dwarf and run out. Takes about 1 minute per run and log off. Not arguing BoSA vs Bush, but it's not like it's hard to do or THAT big of a hassle as you may think.

Edit: Means it takes about 5-8 minutes for nearly 1000 arrows per hour. Just go do something else until that hour is up and do it again.

Sure, and I usually target Ulda for farming anyways, but still I really hate needing that lifeline personally and for this nearly incalculable advantage for only Survival spec unless you also want to tinker with macros and such... No thanks. Although I have one on rn lvl 37:]

Oh yeah, I'm glad Bushmaster is BiS, because it means life will be easier to me. No proc canceling macros, no arrow farming, etc. I just get a little anal at wanting complete BiS (Other than preference items like I have 10/10 spider gloves of the eagle instead of monkey).

edit: Though Unearthed wrists of the monkey are no where to be found

XJPGwYB.png

put this together while waiting on my lock friend to summon my twinks across azeroth

Last edited:
Soo the short and skinny, TL:DR

If your any other race besides troll for your hunter, Shadowforge Bushmaster is your BiS
If your a Troll, Bow of Searing Arrows if your BiS.

if your looking for raw damage weapon vs weapon SFB will pull a head slightly in terms of just raw damage, if your talking about over all damage, specially if your kiting someone auto to auto while being oom, BoSA will finish your target off faster mainly cause if you need 3 autos or more to kite and kill BoSA will win, mainly because you can fire your 3rd shot before SFB will be able to. Another fair point comes down to availability, shadowforge bushmaster is a lower drop then bow of searing arrows, making searing arrows a better choice to go to when it comes down availability. If it comes down to race, If your troll 100% BoSA will be better, If your Dwarf SBF is 100% better. To explain why it comes down to weapon skill. To no get into all the math, Weapon skill will increase your chance to hit, increase your chance for crit. How it increases your chance to crit by you having more skill then your opponent does defense, its not, it comes out to being about a 0.25 increase chance to crit and increase your chance to hit by about 3% because of the way weapon skill works with defense rating, and before your say you it, everyone has a defense rating, even if your don't have a + defense, so if your target has 0 as most of the time in pvp, you have a higher chance to hit and crit them. This also getting increased even more dramatically with target lower level then you, which lets you move into crushing blows.

If your any other race besides troll for your hunter, Shadowforge Bushmaster is your BiS

if your looking for raw damage weapon vs weapon SFB will pull a head slightly in terms of just raw damage, if your talking about over all damage, specially if your kiting someone auto to auto while being oom, BoSA will finish your target off faster mainly cause if you need 3 autos or more to kite and kill BoSA will win, mainly because you can fire your 3rd shot before SFB will be able to. Another fair point comes down to availability, shadowforge bushmaster is a lower drop then bow of searing arrows, making searing arrows a better choice to go to when it comes down availability. If it comes down to race, If your troll 100% BoSA will be better, If your Dwarf SBF is 100% better. To explain why it comes down to weapon skill. To no get into all the math, Weapon skill will increase your chance to hit, increase your chance for crit. How it increases your chance to crit by you having more skill then your opponent does defense, its not, it comes out to being about a 0.25 increase chance to crit and increase your chance to hit by about 3% because of the way weapon skill works with defense rating, and before your say you it, everyone has a defense rating, even if your don't have a + defense, so if your target has 0 as most of the time in pvp, you have a higher chance to hit and crit them. This also getting increased even more dramatically with target lower level then you, which lets you move into crushing blows.

3% hit from racial? You crazy! It's gonna get you .2 more crit and .2 more hit. Ranged skill bonus is the worst because you don't get the -dodge/block/parry bonus that it also gives to melee.

Hi Boogers
[doublepost=1576170446,1576169584][/doublepost]Edit: question... can the +3% hit scope be attached via trade? +7 can, but 3% hit is 10 lvls higher.

Hi Boogers
[doublepost=1576170446,1576169584][/doublepost]Edit: question... can the +3% hit scope be attached via trade? +7 can, but 3% hit is 10 lvls higher.

No to Bizznick's scope. Someone on here already confirmed it.

I like marksman too much heh. Imp Wingclip would be super nice though

I don't even run imp WC to be honest, too much mana to spam it hoping for a proc when counterattack does the same thing but waaay better. This is my current setup, which I highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread