Shadowforge Bushmaster vs Bow of Searing Arrows

Slow weapon speed =/= more damage. Usually weapons with slower attack speed have a higher top end. This is not the case for BOSA vs SFB. Higher top end will overall give you more damage from autos and abilities. The slow attack speed will not help you in combat as much as you would think, along side with the lower damage and no damage proc.

Other than the scatter shot being broke from proc(Occasionally), if you are looking for BIS for horde at least, it will be BOSA, feel free to give any counter arguments.

good job ignoring the content of what i posted. read it again.

also you think bow is superior EVEN if it breaks scatter? i will just rest my case hehe

Also to the dude defending the bow: use that auto attack formula on each weapon and tell me what hits harder.

The idea I'm thinking about is using a /equipslot 18 with another bow and cast sequence it right back to the searing bow. I don't know if that'll stop the proc, but I'm testing to try as I'm curious.

I don't believe re-equiping a weapon removes a gcd on abilities only on autoshot which being a scatter doesn't matter as you DON"T want to attack.

It does, but you can switch between weapons instantly within the gcd of your scatter, it may just reset your GCD back by like 0.1 second with a cast sequence macro, right? I'm not 100% sure on this, but trying to do some testing.

You can swap to a different weapon, sit that gcd out, scatter, and swap back.
Or you can try to scatter, unequip weapon, sit that gcd out, and equip any weapon back

Both equipping and unequipping inflicts a gcd, but you can still unequip right after a scatter

Yeah I don't think equipping a different weapon is going to at all interact with the proc resolving.

It definitely does. It just depends on whether or not it can be perfected to not be inconvenient.
[doublepost=1575232737,1575232284][/doublepost]
If you compare it to the paladin SoR bug, it might actually work. (for example, and I've tested it myself, you can swing with shadowfang at 2.7 speed and proc glacial stone)
Tell me if I'm wrong here, but I'm running this macro.

/cast Scatter Shot
/petfollow
/stopattack
/equipslot 18 Long Redwood Bow
/equipslot 18 Bow of Searing Arrow

Hitting it a second time after equiping the Long Redwood Bow puts back on the BoSA before the GCD is done, it only resets the GCD back. Can equiping be done within a cast sequence macro? If it's done fast enough, I would assume the GCD reset would be so minimal it would be 0.1 seconds or less.

Edit: I'm able to go from switching between Bows near instantly after scattering (I don't have to wait for the GCD from scatter)

Yeah I'm testing it at this very moment. Not gonna say it 100% works just yet, but I haven't seen the proc go off in 30+ tries

I believe special attacks take weapon speed into account, not just damage range. Normalization hasn't happened yet, right?
Normalisation's a thing since mid-Vanilla (1.8 or something if I'm not mistaken).

Okay after 50 tries or so. I'm going to say that this re-equip macro works. The proc doesn't go off at all when I scatter.
[doublepost=1575234193,1575233222][/doublepost]After some extensive testing the changing of weapons most definitely stops the proc from happening 100% of the time.

/cast Scatter Shot
/petfollow
/stopattack
/equipslot 18 Long Redwood Bow

I personally use that on Mouse Wheel click and...

on mousewheel down to make switching back minimal in timing.

With Min-maxing, with the proc problem out of the way, the question is if bushmaster/engi bullets better than BoSA/ulda arrows or not.

Users who are viewing this thread