Shadowforge Bushmaster vs Bow of Searing Arrows

Hyuru

Legend
Which item's better, Bow of Searing Arrows has higher top-end damage (allthough slower speed), but can also use better ammo (Explosive Arrows vs High-Impact Mithril Slugs +2 more dps).

I can't remember when, but at some point the Bushmaster got +7 Agility instead of Shadow Resistance, did that contribute to it's superiority during TBC, or was it better even in Classic?

Also, I'm planning on rolling a 39 twink hunter, would that affect which weapons better as you get +bow skill?

Does anyone search anymore? BoSA could work for a survival build, but you want that slow speed multiplier for you shots so it's a tough call even then.

The epic bow was always considered "garbage" in any discussion I was ever involved in. I'd take that as a no.

Bow of Searing Arrows has higher top-end damage (allthough slower speed)

Its actually faster, which is still the same negative you were aiming for.

How much is shadowforge going for? I just bought one for 12g, feel like I could make a profit to the right buyer

OP mentioned arrows but no one else has pointed out they are 14.5 dps beating slugs by 2. Not trying to pick a side, just getting the facts straight.

I was under the impression Explosive Arrows were never actually obtainable.
Please correct me if I am in the wrong.

You are correct. They are not in the game. The best arrows for 39 bracket would then be precision arrows.

But back to the debate. I think bow of searing arrows it better than bushmaster for horde side. Because alliance do not have access to the precision arrows and they also have dwarves with +gun racial. The bow breaking scattershot seems negligible.

I can personally attest to it sucking ass when it breaks scatter; makes you want to vendor it! I do think it could be right for a survival build. Also agree that dwarves should use Bushmaster no question.

top end sure but...

breaking 1/10 scatters (as was reprted) is is a massive flaw everything else aside. scatter is on of your most central abilities in pvp. apparently you can use a stop-attack/stop-casting macro together with scatter making proc-weps not proc.

even if such a macro does work (which im inclined to believe) slow ranged weps are pretty much always superior for pvp. allows you to kite easier and gives more room for multishot/aimed shot/arcane shot between your autos. i would go bushmater

Slow weapon speed =/= more damage. Usually weapons with slower attack speed have a higher top end. This is not the case for BOSA vs SFB. Higher top end will overall give you more damage from autos and abilities. The slow attack speed will not help you in combat as much as you would think, along side with the lower damage and no damage proc.

Other than the scatter shot being broke from proc(Occasionally), if you are looking for BIS for horde at least, it will be BOSA, feel free to give any counter arguments.

The bow breaking scatter is moot because a macro can completely remove that from happening:

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/stand
/cast Scatter Shot
/cleartarget
/stopattack
/petfollow

This makes the proc not go off on the scatter'd target

Prior to patch 1.8, the weapon damage used for instant attacks was:

damage = base_weapon_damage + (weapon_speed * Attack Power / 14)

Link

The bow breaking scatter is moot because a macro can completely remove that from happening:

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/stand
/cast Scatter Shot
/cleartarget
/stopattack
/petfollow

This makes the proc not go off on the scatter'd target

Just tested this, absolute bullshit :p Heartseeking Crossbow proc broke the scatter instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread