class viability debate lol

itt:

frog: hey guys if u play x the amount of shit u can potentially do will be lesser than y, u shouldnt play these noober classes because they are noober

[it's pretty clear to see he is speaking with some level of facetiousness when he mentions the necromancer, stapler & used car]

jwl: i dO lOtS oN My X clAsS sO fRoG yOu ArE WrOnG

frog: yes but it will still be lesser than what y can output

jwl: fOtM

Not gonna lie My 29 monk use to be 19 before ww got nerfed a while back now. And ww was viable and so wasnt brew. Most the time with brew keg smash hit like a train and its a slow. You gotta think if you have a healer with you some classes you wouldnt think are playable are. In general monks at 19 are just squishy and not gonna lie with stuns no healer wins in this bracket. I cant remeber but before the nerf we could use blackout kick like 3/4 times in a row.

Leveled a holy pally after that and shit toooooook off! Thats another story though.

Thats right I forgot it was an obligation to explain to why playing a feral druid, guardian druid, affliction warlock, demonology lock, windwalker monk, brewmaster monk, retribution paladin, protection paladin, frost mage, fire mage, protection warrior, arms warrior, assassination rogue or subtlety rogue is a bad idea right now.

Nobody is saying dont play these specs, theyre saying its in your best interest to play a different spec in your class. No shit it might be more fun playing something else, but youre just gimping yourself doing so.

You dont go into a race with 3 wheels and think youre on par with a 4 wheeler.

If im right this thread was for new players and you saying some dumb shit like play whats fun for you, letting them toss the dice and most likely play something bad isnt helping anyone but you, when you get into those "class diversity" games against them.

oh btw youre a dimwit who doesnt actively play this bracket so stay out of it

Everything about this I find funny. Im not encouraging ANYONE* to play anything. Froggy said that X class/spec has no role in the bracket whatsoever, and I put in my two cents, even suggesting ways to make particular specs more viable.
No, nobody is saying these particular specs shouldn't be played, but to say some of them are of no contribution whatsoever is laughable.
You didnt reply because you had nothing to say. Im still waiting for someone to speak up without using any fallacies to disprove my sayings. You guys act like I am holding a bias because I have a 19 warlock, but the thing is, I never even play it lol...
For you to think I'm actually suggesting these classes is a mistake on your part, if you could read you'd clearly see that I was explaining the few pros of these underdog specs.

This dimwit hardly plays twinks and still has more rep than you do in your own bracket. When I'm done playing my 2300mmr games I'll be sure to get back into your skill-floor WSG games, but until then, dont converse with me.

Was a great debate Froggers, thanks for staying civil.
[doublepost=1539815601,1539815367][/doublepost]
itt:

frog: hey guys if u play x the amount of shit u can potentially do will be lesser than y, u shouldnt play these noober classes because they are noober

[it's pretty clear to see he is speaking with some level of facetiousness when he mentions the necromancer, stapler & used car]

jwl: i dO lOtS oN My X clAsS sO fRoG yOu ArE WrOnG

frog: yes but it will still be lesser than what y can output

jwl: fOtM

You're always trying to take shots at me for no reason lmao. I never said I could perform well on these classes therefore they are good. The point I made was that a 6 second spammable CC with no shared DRs in the bracket can be crucial in teamfights. You'd never understand that though.

Did I once say warlock was stronger than mage? no.
Did I once say I prefer warlock over mage? no.
Did I once say I encourage players to play warlock over mage? not once.
I argued that warlock has its place in the bracket.

I also never said he was wrong, both of us had valid points.

If you wanna take shots hit em

Everything about this I find funny. Im not encouraging ANYONE* to play anything. Froggy said that X class/spec has no role in the bracket whatsoever, and I put in my two cents, even suggesting ways to make particular specs more viable.
No, nobody is saying these particular specs shouldn't be played, but to say some of them are of no contribution whatsoever is laughable.
You didnt reply because you had nothing to say. Im still waiting for someone to speak up without using any fallacies to disprove my sayings. You guys act like I am holding a bias because I have a 19 warlock, but the thing is, I never even play it lol...
For you to think I'm actually suggesting these classes is a mistake on your part, if you could read you'd clearly see that I was explaining the few pros of these underdog specs.

This dimwit hardly plays twinks and still has more rep than you do in your own bracket. When I'm done playing my 2300mmr games I'll be sure to get back into your skill-floor WSG games, but until then, dont converse with me.

Was a great debate Froggers, thanks for staying civil.
[doublepost=1539815601,1539815367][/doublepost]

You're always trying to take shots at me for no reason lmao. I never said I could perform well on these classes therefore they are good. The point I made was that a 6 second spammable CC with no shared DRs in the bracket can be crucial in teamfights. You'd never understand that though.

Did I once say warlock was stronger than mage? no.
Did I once say I prefer warlock over mage? no.
Did I once say I encourage players to play warlock over mage? not once.
I argued that warlock has its place in the bracket.

I also never said he was wrong, both of us had valid points.

If you wanna take shots hit em
Imagine telling people not to play FOTM in a bracket when all you play in the bracket is FOTM. Youre a dimwit.

Imagine telling people not to play FOTM in a bracket when all you play in the bracket is FOTM. Youre a dimwit.

Check the twinks in my sig bud, you'll see a variety of different specs/classes. I play nothing but Restoration Druid in your bracket for FC purposes. Nice try nobody.

Stop trying to attack me with fallacy and disprove my sayings or shut the fuck up. That goes for every single one of you missing shots ;):cool:

Check the twinks in my sig bud, you'll see a variety of different specs/classes. I play nothing but Restoration Druid in your bracket for FC purposes. Nice try nobody.

Stop trying to attack me with fallacy and disprove my sayings or shut the fuck up. That goes for every single one of you missing shots ;):cool:
Twinks in your sig mean nothing when you say you "play nothing but Restoration Druid."
btw resto druid is fotm if thats too complex to figure out for ya

Twinks in your sig mean nothing when you say you "play nothing but Restoration Druid."
btw resto druid is fotm if thats too complex to figure out for ya

What point are you trying to make? Did I say resto wasnt a flavor of the month or something? Is my playing it strictly for FCing wrong? I dont understand why you're mentioning useless information for like the third time.

What point are you trying to make? Did I say resto wasnt a flavor of the month or something? Is my playing it strictly for FCing wrong? I dont understand why you're mentioning useless information for like the third time.
Hard time reading? You're a hypocrite. If you dont understand why youre a hypocrite, thats your own issue entirely.

Hard time reading? You're a hypocrite. If you dont understand why youre a hypocrite, thats your own issue entirely.

Im a hypocrite because 1 out of my 74 different twinks happens to be deemed a FOTM? Once again, I play it for FC purposes - Anyone who knows me or sees me in the gulch knows that's why I queue. A real FOTM druid is balance.

With that said, not a hypocrite: Never argued that I dont play tier 1 specs, any more attempts?

Unfortunately nobody put this idiot Jwl in his place before he took this thread to 4 pages of saying nothing relevant.

But dont worry kids im here now :)

Lets preface this with the insight that this guy is bragging about playing at 2300 mmr at endgame, this should show you how much value his opinion on anything slightly competitive holds, yes CC at endgame is somewhat important in most matchups, it's just a damn shame that CC means literally nothing at 19 in BFA, find me a clip, any clip from the TC 2018 where landing CC was the sole factor to a kill in mid (where your beloved warlock belongs and where it should only be in a competitive game).

Secondly, you continuously claim that nothing at 19s DRs with a warlocks fear, again untrue as Psychic Scream definitely does, and it is way more valuable and important in every aspect as it can make or break EFC pushes or FC defenses in mid, spamming a warlocks fear in mid will cause more problems than it's worth when it comes to pushing/defending pushes.

Yes, in legion CC was important due to a coordinated kill meta in mid whereas BFA's mid is definitively more rot oriented with swaps with burst, CC will break almost instantaneously in this meta, that's why warlocks fall off in mid, yes they're rot oriented so it should fit, but there's more than enough rot in ideal comps already where double mage pushes locks off the list because of their ability to split burst forcing heals on 2 targets immediately then swapping onto a singular target with starsurge ensuring a kill. Warlocks aren't capable of this.

Not to mention hunters/druid/mages have much more mobility than warlocks making it easier to push/fall back from mid, also making it easier to play base to base or gauntletting, there's no role where warlocks pull ahead of any of the other ranged, with the exception of self healing which is embarrassing to even bring up.

Now onto pugs, yes you're right any spec in this game is 'viable' in the sad state of pugs currently, just put ele force on and you can farm 300 hp grey geared levellers to your heart's content, but is that reason enough to pick them or suggest to others to pick them? of course not.

If I see someone in pugs playing what I consider the wrong spec do I think 'im glad hes having fun with a bad spec' or do i think 'this guys an idiot i never want to play with him again'?

Why put yourself at a deficit in a scene where winning is important, I would say a competitive scene but you're talking about pugs so idk, there's really no advantage to practicing and playing a bad spec, so why do it?

See, the problem here is your insistence on FOTM classes, the general opinion in this community is that druids, monks, mages, priests, rogues, shamans and hunters are fotm right now, that means there's 3 classes that arent fotm, there's never been a more balanced meta with no real dominating class that just shines so much brighter than everything else, e.g cata hunters, wod brewmasters/ferals, legion survivals. There just isnt a truly FOTM right now so to blast someone for listing what you deem as low skill is downright stupid when that's 70% of the classes.

The Only Tier List That Matters:

Key:
"+" denotes a class that depends entirely on a player's skill, more so than other classes e.g rogue is a very heavily player skill based class, its a very capable class in the right hands but a player lacking knowledge will struggle to make an impact.
"^" denotes a class that performs better in a pug setting rather than organized competitive play
"#" denotes a class that performs better in a competitive setting than a pug setting
"~" denotes a class that diminishes in value when played if not played in their primary role, eg a warlock that decides to leave mid

S Tier:
Boomkin -
Although this is the only spec to make it into S Tier, it isnt substantially better than the rest, it just fills more roles and capabilities, there's better classes for a variety of roles such as burst and FC cutting but as a spec that can fill nearly every role it sits alone at the top, capable of carrying flags, self sustain, burst and rot you can play this class anywhere and succeed.

A Tier:
Arcane Mage(#~) - Easily the best class for sustained damage, performed highest in wargames not pugs as it only really shines in team fights in mid and is generally weak if it ever leaves mid making this spec completely dependent on if you win mid in pugs, if you consistently lose mid in a pug it can feel like you're not even in the bg.

Outlaw Rogue (^+~) - No, that's not a new emoji I made up, it genuinely is that dependent on the setting and player, when it was untouched in TC 2018 95% of players were shocked and thought something wrong was happening but it didnt shock me, this spec is really only worth playing in pugs and as you can see by the sheer amounts of them in pugs they deserve their place in A Tier but to truly play it properly you need to resist opening in mid, I know it's hard for you 5 IQ pug players to not see red names and chase but that's not how you play rogue, you can go up to 8 minutes without opening once, your primary and only role is to cut the EFC, sometimes in games you can be versus 1 druid twink and it can honestly feel like it's just the two of you in the BG for the majority of the game, everything else going on should be irrelevant to you, everyone else is a free kill if they pick, you should only struggle when a druid picks and you need to be thinking 10 steps ahead of him, you need to know when he has dash up, when he has trinket up, is he likely to go ramp or tun, are you in a position to cut him whether he goes either, does he speed pot or not, you need to spend 90% of the game thinking about what the druid is doing or going to do, until you can do that effectively then stick to opening on 300 hp levellers in mid, maybe even stealth around their ramp and stand on their GY.

Disc Priest - The easiest healer to start off with, discs' shine due to their instant casts, only really needing to cast penance but even then you can still move while doing it, you should rarely have to cast flash heal unless you're solo healing mid and losing it, decent offensive damage and a nice aoe fear to round it off, simple explanation for a simple spec.

Mistweaver Monk (+#) - A lot of you will be confused by the symbols, yes MW is generally simple to play and effective in pugs but it's not as simple as you think, I keep seeing monks in pugs going oom trying to heal a hopeless mid or standing still healing themselves vs 10 people after losing the mid, stop doing that. Monks have very strong heals but a less knowledgeable monk will be very easy to spot, a good monk will learn to avoid mid fights that aren't worth it and break off with their insane mobility to help the FC pick, also learn that you dont have to kite 1v1s, you can win any 1v1 in a pug.

MM Hunter/Surv (+) - BFA was very kind to MM hunters, they're now very capable in mid fights, 1v1s and just generally getting around the map doing everything except carrying flags (unless your name is fancy), the reason they aren't good in low skilled players is they'll be wasted in mid and farming GYs when they should be cutting EFCs which I see happen all too often.

Resto Druid (~^) - Don't get confused, resto druids arent made for healing they're made for flag carrying, and their healing abilities is exactly why the symbol is there, you shouldnt stand healing in mid without a flag on your back ever, and only then when the situation calls for it, their instant abilities of healing is their only advantage over a boomkin FC, they can pick easier against a defence, they shine more in pugs than competitive play due to the chaotic nature of pugs and mostly sitting on roof with flag alone with 3 people incoming, that's not to say they arent good in competitive play just that double boomkin is meta there.

Resto Shaman - The pug noobs dream choice, it can fit nearly every role like boomkins but again not the best choice for said roles, it has great healing and even better damage, it's not at S tier with boomkin due to its inability to shift out of roots and just generally being squishier.

B Tier:

Shadow Priest (+^) - Very very dependent on player and pugs only, it should really only be used to apply pressure in mid and fall back to cut efc with rogue when the flag is picked, only useful in that situation for mind flay which should be spammed but its very effective there.

Fury Warrior (^) - As suggested earlier, should only be used in group queues, very very ineffective when queueing solo, decent damage and mediocre uptime, a lot of your time will be spent chasing higher mobility players around in mid until charge is back up,

Ele Shaman (+#) - Very dependent on players skill, it might not seem like it would be but you need to know exactly when your earth shock will be up in advance and if and when it will secure a kill, very team coordinated and therefore left out of pugs, there's no point building up your maelstrom just to press earth shock on something that'll live just to see pretty numbers, outside of that you're pretty ineffective but your interrupt is nice.

Every other class is irrelevant and will be left off.

Unless this post is specifically talking about wargames then I feel as though I'd have to agree with Jwl, there is no point in playing classes just because they are the best when it comes to random battlegrounds. Play the class you feel most comfortable with, and the class that you won't get tired of playing. In the end, you will still contribute to your team more than any of the undergeared players in the match, just because a team ran a warlock, or a windwalker, or enhancement shaman should not cause your team to lose a random battleground. Just a little sense of coordination will play a lot larger of a role then playing FOTM classes.

However, if we are talking wargames, then yes, FOTM shouldn't be taken out of consideration, there is a reason every team ran the same classes in the twink cup, when it comes to competitive gameplay, where coordination is already a factor for all teams, having that one weak-link will really cause a huge impact on the team as a whole...

but the competitive scene really isn't much right now, play the class you want to play and keep queing, I'd find it fun to see more exotic classes running around in randoms. :3

The mentality of the truest of twinks said by the hottest of twinks.

Unfortunately nobody put this idiot Jwl in his place before he took this thread to 4 pages of saying nothing relevant.

Lets preface this with the insight that this guy is bragging about playing at 2300 mmr at endgame, this should show you how much value his opinion on anything slightly competitive holds, yes CC at endgame is somewhat important in most matchups, it's just a damn shame that CC means literally nothing at 19 in BFA, find me a clip, any clip from the TC 2018 where landing CC was the sole factor to a kill in mid (where your beloved warlock belongs and where it should only be in a competitive game).

Secondly, you continuously claim that nothing at 19s DRs with a warlocks fear, again untrue as Psychic Scream definitely does, and it is way more valuable and important in every aspect as it can make or break EFC pushes or FC defenses in mid, spamming a warlocks fear in mid will cause more problems than it's worth when it comes to pushing/defending pushes.

Yes, in legion CC was important due to a coordinated kill meta in mid whereas BFA's mid is definitively more rot oriented with swaps with burst, CC will break almost instantaneously in this meta, that's why warlocks fall off in mid, yes they're rot oriented so it should fit, but there's more than enough rot in ideal comps already where double mage pushes locks off the list because of their ability to split burst forcing heals on 2 targets immediately then swapping onto a singular target with starsurge ensuring a kill. Warlocks aren't capable of this.

Not to mention hunters/druid/mages have much more mobility than warlocks making it easier to push/fall back from mid, also making it easier to play base to base or gauntletting, there's no role where warlocks pull ahead of any of the other ranged, with the exception of self healing which is embarrassing to even bring up.

Now onto pugs, yes you're right any spec in this game is 'viable' in the sad state of pugs currently, just put ele force on and you can farm 300 hp grey geared levellers to your heart's content, but is that reason enough to pick them or suggest to others to pick them? of course not.

If I see someone in pugs playing what I consider the wrong spec do I think 'im glad hes having fun with a bad spec' or do i think 'this guys an idiot i never want to play with him again'?

Why put yourself at a deficit in a scene where winning is important, I would say a competitive scene but you're talking about pugs so idk, there's really no advantage to practicing and playing a bad spec, so why do it?

See, the problem here is your insistence on FOTM classes, the general opinion in this community is that druids, monks, mages, priests, rogues, shamans and hunters are fotm right now, that means there's 3 classes that arent fotm, there's never been a more balanced meta with no real dominating class that just shines so much brighter than everything else, e.g cata hunters, wod brewmasters/ferals, legion survivals. There just isnt a truly FOTM right now so to blast someone for listing what you deem as low skill is downright stupid when that's 70% of the classes.

Key:
"+" denotes a class that depends entirely on a player's skill, more so than other classes e.g rogue is a very heavily player skill based class, its a very capable class in the right hands but a player lacking knowledge will struggle to make an impact.
"^" denotes a class that performs better in a pug setting rather than organized competitive play
"#" denotes a class that performs better in a competitive setting than a pug setting
"~" denotes a class that diminishes in value when played if not played in their primary role, eg a warlock that decides to leave mid

S Tier:
Boomkin -
Although this is the only spec to make it into S Tier, it isnt substantially better than the rest, it just fills more roles and capabilities, there's better classes for a variety of roles such as burst and FC cutting but as a spec that can fill nearly every role it sits alone at the top, capable of carrying flags, self sustain, burst and rot you can play this class anywhere and succeed.

A Tier:
Arcane Mage(#~) - Easily the best class for sustained damage, performed highest in wargames not pugs as it only really shines in team fights in mid and is generally weak if it ever leaves mid making this spec completely dependent on if you win mid in pugs, if you consistently lose mid in a pug it can feel like you're not even in the bg.

Outlaw Rogue (^+~) - No, that's not a new emoji I made up, it genuinely is that dependent on the setting and player, when it was untouched in TC 2018 95% of players were shocked and thought something wrong was happening but it didnt shock me, this spec is really only worth playing in pugs and as you can see by the sheer amounts of them in pugs they deserve their place in A Tier but to truly play it properly you need to resist opening in mid, I know it's hard for you 5 IQ pug players to not see red names and chase but that's not how you play rogue, you can go up to 8 minutes without opening once, your primary and only role is to cut the EFC, sometimes in games you can be versus 1 druid twink and it can honestly feel like it's just the two of you in the BG for the majority of the game, everything else going on should be irrelevant to you, everyone else is a free kill if they pick, you should only struggle when a druid picks and you need to be thinking 10 steps ahead of him, you need to know when he has dash up, when he has trinket up, is he likely to go ramp or tun, are you in a position to cut him whether he goes either, does he speed pot or not, you need to spend 90% of the game thinking about what the druid is doing or going to do, until you can do that effectively then stick to opening on 300 hp levellers in mid, maybe even stealth around their ramp and stand on their GY.

Disc Priest - The easiest healer to start off with, discs' shine due to their instant casts, only really needing to cast penance but even then you can still move while doing it, you should rarely have to cast flash heal unless you're solo healing mid and losing it, decent offensive damage and a nice aoe fear to round it off, simple explanation for a simple spec.

Mistweaver Monk (+#) - A lot of you will be confused by the symbols, yes MW is generally simple to play and effective in pugs but it's not as simple as you think, I keep seeing monks in pugs going oom trying to heal a hopeless mid or standing still healing themselves vs 10 people after losing the mid, stop doing that. Monks have very strong heals but a less knowledgeable monk will be very easy to spot, a good monk will learn to avoid mid fights that aren't worth it and break off with their insane mobility to help the FC pick, also learn that you dont have to kite 1v1s, you can win any 1v1 in a pug.

MM Hunter/Surv (+) - BFA was very kind to MM hunters, they're now very capable in mid fights, 1v1s and just generally getting around the map doing everything except carrying flags (unless your name is fancy), the reason they aren't good in low skilled players is they'll be wasted in mid and farming GYs when they should be cutting EFCs which I see happen all too often.

Resto Druid (~^) - Don't get confused, resto druids arent made for healing they're made for flag carrying, and their healing abilities is exactly why the symbol is there, you shouldnt stand healing in mid without a flag on your back ever, and only then when the situation calls for it, their instant abilities of healing is their only advantage over a boomkin FC, they can pick easier against a defence, they shine more in pugs than competitive play due to the chaotic nature of pugs and mostly sitting on roof with flag alone with 3 people incoming, that's not to say they arent good in competitive play just that double boomkin is meta there.

Resto Shaman - The pug noobs dream choice, it can fit nearly every role like boomkins but again not the best choice for said roles, it has great healing and even better damage, it's not at S tier with boomkin due to its inability to shift out of roots and just generally being squishier.

B Tier:

Shadow Priest (+^) - Very very dependent on player and pugs only, it should really only be used to apply pressure in mid and fall back to cut efc with rogue when the flag is picked, only useful in that situation for mind flay which should be spammed but its very effective there.

Fury Warrior (^) - As suggested earlier, should only be used in group queues, very very ineffective when queueing solo, decent damage and mediocre uptime, a lot of your time will be spent chasing higher mobility players around in mid until charge is back up,

Ele Shaman (+#) - Very dependent on players skill, it might not seem like it would be but you need to know exactly when your earth shock will be up in advance and if and when it will secure a kill, very team coordinated and therefore left out of pugs, there's no point building up your maelstrom just to press earth shock on something that'll live just to see pretty numbers, outside of that you're pretty ineffective but your interrupt is nice.

alright here is my critique of this post

other than that gj

Key:

S Tier:
Boomkin -

A Tier:

B Tier:

Im really not going to waste my time reading all of this, but I did read a fair amount of your sayings.

1) you said CC is "somewhat important in most matchups" that alone tells me you know nothing about endgame, because its actually vital in all situations.
2) Did you just say CC isnt significant? You're aware windshear/kick are crowd control right? Are you telling me that not once in all of Twink Cup that CC wasnt a variable for any kill?
3) Psychic scream does DR with fear, if its in the bracket they will share the DR table. I thought it was removed from 19s, haven't been hit with it all xpac.
4) Not once did I say that warlocks are better than hunters/druid/whatever. I made a case that they have value to them when frog said they're good for nothing. Its literally blowing my mind how nobody can understand that.
5) Double mage? class stacking is allowed in competitive games? Let me rephrase that, FOTM class stacking is allowed in competitive games*? Pretty sure there are restrictions, could be wrong though.

Every single person to come at me isnt even understanding the discussion at hand and believes I am putting warlock over mage for some reason. That's not the case I've been trying to make. Tag me next time dork, and comprehend what I'm actually saying before putting in your two cents.
[doublepost=1539842651,1539842418][/doublepost]Nobody has successfully contributed to the conversation in any way, shape or form. You guys are misunderstanding what the debate is actually about and putting out arguments for claims that I have never made.

Im really not going to waste my time reading all of this, but I did read a fair amount of your sayings.

1) you said CC is "somewhat important in most matchups" that alone tells me you know nothing about endgame, because its actually vital in all situations.
2) Did you just say CC isnt significant? You're aware windshear/kick are crowd control right? Are you telling me that not once in all of Twink Cup that CC wasnt a variable for any kill?
3) Psychic scream does DR with fear, if its in the bracket they will share the DR table. I thought it was removed from 19s, haven't been hit with it all xpac.
4) Not once did I say that warlocks are better than hunters/druid/whatever. I made a case that they have value to them when frog said they're good for nothing. Its literally blowing my mind how nobody can understand that.
5) Double mage? class stacking is allowed in competitive games? Let me rephrase that, FOTM class stacking is allowed in competitive games*? Pretty sure there are restrictions, could be wrong though.

Every single person to come at me isnt even understanding the discussion at hand and believes I am putting warlock over mage for some reason. That's not the case I've been trying to make. Tag me next time dork, and comprehend what I'm actually saying before putting in your two cents.
[doublepost=1539842651,1539842418][/doublepost]Nobody has successfully contributed to the conversation in any way, shape or form. You guys are misunderstanding what the debate is actually about and putting out arguments for claims that I have never made.
you are wrong

Users who are viewing this thread