49's Gear Guide (best practice) + Rares to farm

EDIT: @dirtypaws alerted me that the below has a secret level 60 requirement. Please disregard my enthusiasm. :p

I found a few things to report for 49s, and this one easily takes top billing:

Nightwillow_tertiary.jpg

When the "upgraded" animation proc'd, I immediately checked the item level, and saw that it was no higher than the 148 listed on WoWhead (which in itself is fantastic -- this serves as a confirmation that we can get the Cache of the Night treasure, and the weapon is *not* unique-equipped). But then I saw the indestructible tertiary stat.

I have no idea which chests/treasures yield tertiary stats, nor if sockets are part of that possible upgrade process, but BiS for 49s just got even more interesting!

It's also entirely possible that this is a farmable treasure.

Last edited:

View attachment 19151

When the "upgraded" animation proc'd, I immediately checked the item level, and saw that it was no higher than the 148 listed on WoWhead (which in itself is fantastic -- this serves as a confirmation that we can get the Cache of the Night treasure, and the weapon is *not* unique-equipped). But then I saw the indestructible tertiary stat.

I have no idea which chests/treasures yield tertiary stats, nor if sockets are part of that possible upgrade process, but BiS for 49s just got even more interesting!

@zazzyfraz

View attachment 19151

Can you actually equip that Kirise? I have some loots from Ardenweld but they have a secret lvl 60 requirement.

View attachment 19151

Keep us posted if it is farmable!

Next up: Flame of Battle dropped from a world quest, so I'm reasonably confident that's also how I got my Instructor's Divine Bell. (Edit: both trinkets ilvl 84)

The Anima-Laden Dreamcatcher quest works for 49s, for 350 Wild Hunt rep, so that's worth getting. WoWhead says the treasure counts toward a 15-treasure achievement in Ardenweald, which makes me think these treasures are one-loot only. Hopefully not, because I only got a level 50 green from the Darkreach Supplies.

Finally, I have not seen the Siphoning Blood-Drinker drop in four weeks, so either I have rotten luck, or shamans can't loot it more than once.

While I haven't tested it for 49s yet, 39s are seeing very high returns on the Siege of Orgrimmar 1% trinkets e.g. Prismatic Prison of Pride and Purified Bindings of Immerseus (I think there are melee versions as well). The trinket says we get a 1% boost to secondary stats, but the higher we stack those stats, the higher the boost. My 39 sees over 9% boost to stacked mastery in addition to a greater-than-1% boost to my vers and haste (though for some reason, the trinket doesn't affect my crit).

Point being, SL rep gear grants a ton of secondary stats, so I fully expect my 49 to see 70-80 additional secondary stats from this trinket along with the 99 int proc from the mythic warforged version. Even with diminishing returns to secondary stats, those numbers surpass most SL trinkets. I'll report back with solid numbers once I can farm one of these up on my 49.

Turns out the SoO 1% trinkets are even crazier for 49s than for 39s, thanks to the higher secondary stats that 49s can reach -- I just landed my first SoO trinket for my 49 after today's reset.

I'm seeing just under 10% extra haste, vers, and mastery i.e. an extra 35 haste, 12 vers, and 36 mastery. To be sure, diminishing returns takes 20% of the value of haste and mastery, but even if you calculate that in, you're talking the equivalent of 28 haste, 12 vers, and 29 mastery from one trinket, and I still have five more pieces of gear to upgrade that will increase those numbers, plus the trinkets bring a 99 int proc.

TL;DR Siege of Orgrimmar 1% trinkets will offer at least 90 extra secondary stats (not factoring in diminishing returns) for fully geared 48-49s on top of their procs.

Edit: thought my 39 shaman got a 105 int proc from the trinket, but my 49 definitely does not.

Last edited:
interesting SOO trinkets, ill go look into then as a 50

When I complete Shadowlands world quests, I typically get 125 rep per quest. Sometimes an extra 175 rep shows up separately on top of the regular 125 rep, and once in a blue moon (specifically for the Maldraxxus elite world quest where you beat two arena bosses), an extra 475 rep shows up. What triggers this bonus rep?

Has anyone looted Inquisitions Final Judgment from a Parish Chest or a Secret Treasure and if so, does it scale so 49s can use it?

Users who are viewing this thread