49's Gear Guide (best practice) + Rares to farm

Ugh, that's my fear! And if it turns out that Revendreth treasure loots can proc tertiaries (and possibly sockets) like Ardenweald treasures can, that is gonna be one terrible farm.
This is the main reason I only put Rare drops on this list. Treasures are too unpredictable.

This is the main reason I only put Rare drops on this list. Treasures are too unpredictable.

Versus the 16 days in a row you went in Ardenweald without getting the ring or trinket to proc? ;) To be sure, you still had a way better drop rate than what some treasures offer.

The difference in power for the reward makes the treasure hunt worth it for me e.g. Cloudtail's Paw is decent as an ilvl 98 item with one shot at ilvl 110, but going to an ilvl 140 dagger for an extra 30 int with a shot at ilvl 152 makes an impact.

Edit: especially since treasures offer more than one shot, compared to some quest items or rare-dropped items.

Hey guys i havent been playing on many months now but now i got gametime again and gonna startt play as a 49 twink again got my blood dk to 49 last night. Anyo e more got a blood dk at 49 that can lik armory to it and what is The best 2h str weapon i can get then hehe

edit- just got an epic proc on my favorite trinket... starting to want to try again... :p
MHNF2GY.png

This became my favorite trinket as well, and I wanted to resurface this because we can farm the rare daily to try for the epic proc, and because the trinket has NO ICD. I once pulled a group of six, and halfway through my first spell, saw back to back drusts crash down on the whole group, double crit. My spell fizzled as not a single target remained.

To be fair, the proc rate is highly random, and particularly meh. The drust typically shows up once every couple of short fights, and almost once per fight on the longer battles, but you can go four battles without seeing a single drust, or have three of them in 12 seconds. The proc rate is much better than "very low", but of course RNG means it is most certainly very low when you need it the most.

The real win appears during World PvP. Someone jumps you, you get into the middle of a back-and-forth duel, and then suddenly this GIANT CREATURE materializes, howls, slams down, and vanishes all under a second. The damage is meh, but the way an opponent jumps, cracks me up every time. You see them jerk or stop dead with a WTF DID I JUST AGGRO sudden swivel.

There are better trinkets, and the novelty of this will wear off as more players get exposed to it, but right now it's a blast!

This became my favorite trinket as well, and I wanted to resurface this because we can farm the rare daily to try for the epic proc, and because the trinket has NO ICD. I once pulled a group of six, and halfway through my first spell, saw back to back drusts crash down on the whole group, double crit. My spell fizzled as not a single target remained.

To be fair, the proc rate is highly random, and particularly meh. The drust typically shows up once every couple of short fights, and almost once per fight on the longer battles, but you can go four battles without seeing a single drust, or have three of them in 12 seconds. The proc rate is much better than "very low", but of course RNG means it is most certainly very low when you need it the most.

The real win appears during World PvP. Someone jumps you, you get into the middle of a back-and-forth duel, and then suddenly this GIANT CREATURE materializes, howls, slams down, and vanishes all under a second. The damage is meh, but the way an opponent jumps, cracks me up every time. You see them jerk or stop dead with a WTF DID I JUST AGGRO sudden swivel.

There are better trinkets, and the novelty of this will wear off as more players get exposed to it, but right now it's a blast!
Yeah, I have it Epic on all my 49's and can confirm there's no ICD. However, I've also seen it go over 2 minutes without a proc so it's not terribly reliable.

Darkmoon Faire week and bonus rep from world quests starts on Tuesday? This is a great time to push forward on SL rep gear, 49s!
eeh how would it help get the sl rep?
[doublepost=1623006725,1623006454][/doublepost]what is the best 2 handed weapon i can get on a 49 druid tank?? or any other good iteams i can farm to use

eeh how would it help get the sl rep?

For 49s, all SL rep comes from world quests. So when the world quest rep buff goes live on Tuesday, you basically play with a buy-2-get-1-free situation for SL rep.

what is the best 2 handed weapon i can get on a 49 druid tank?? or any other good iteams i can farm to use

All the BiS armor for 49s comes from the terrible SL rep grind. I don't know about 2H weapons, but most BiS weapons (and offhands) come from SL treasure chests (especially in Revendreth).

While I haven't tested it for 49s yet, 39s are seeing very high returns on the Siege of Orgrimmar 1% trinkets e.g. Prismatic Prison of Pride and Purified Bindings of Immerseus (I think there are melee versions as well). The trinket says we get a 1% boost to secondary stats, but the higher we stack those stats, the higher the boost. My 39 sees over 9% boost to stacked mastery in addition to a greater-than-1% boost to my vers and haste (though for some reason, the trinket doesn't affect my crit).

Quick update on these insane trinkets: I didn't read the tooltip closely, and it turns out that while the trinkets don't boost crit rating, they do boost crit power i.e. I see ~5% stronger crits on my heals with one trinket, and ~10% stronger crits with two. (Tested via self-casting heals and measuring the average gap between regular heals and crit heals). This is arguably even better than crit rating for classes that can use crit (typically not healers, to be fair), since the burst is higher and isn't affected by diminishing returns.

Also, both trinkets can proc at the same time, but the "attacks" needed by the Purified Bindings must be physical. Screenshot of dual proc:
SoO_trinket_dual_proc.jpg

The epic shield proc farm got the better of me. After 200 Reliquary of Remembrance loots (no kidding), including 34 shields without an epic proc, I'm pretty much convinced the Barrier of the Forgotten can't proc epic. I'd love someone to show me otherwise, but either I have absolutely terrible luck with that proc, or it doesn't happen.

The epic shield proc farm got the better of me. After 200 Reliquary of Remembrance loots (no kidding), including 34 shields without an epic proc, I'm pretty much convinced the Barrier of the Forgotten can't proc epic. I'd love someone to show me otherwise, but either I have absolutely terrible luck with that proc, or it doesn't happen.

Do you recall ever looting the plate bracers on your shaman from the reliquary of remembrance, or an item you couldn't use from any of the other chests in revendreth?

Do you recall ever looting the plate bracers on your shaman from the reliquary of remembrance, or an item you couldn't use from any of the other chests in revendreth?

Never. The reliquary chest provides an offhand, but I never saw it once the entire time. The Parish chest also provides an offhand, and I did see that drop. But I never saw a (rare or epic) drop from either chest that my class couldn't use.

With that said, those two chests only drop items that shamans can use, so those may not make for a good test case.

It does proc, but must be rare, was not aiming for it and i'll prob never use it though (was after the bracers).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/zenedar/explicit
v92kcUP.png

Users who are viewing this thread