49's Gear Guide (best practice) + Rares to farm

A question in the vein of 40 something twinks: Would it be better, that is stronger due to scaling, to lock at 45 or 47?

@MagicalMe Probably 45, but I can't be 100% certain on that. @ShinyHero has done a little testing in that regard, at least 40 vs 45 iirc. And I can say as fact that 49's (until you get full Rep Gear) are meh.

The Glowing Endmire Stinger does indeed proc epic (104), as my 49 landed it.
[doublepost=1618280980,1618276139][/doublepost]Also, Shadowlands ring enchants (called "Tenet of...") offer +16 secondaries.
Edited the Glowing Endmire Stinger.
You 100% positive about the SL Enchants that require Level 50? I just did it through trade window, it's +6 on my 49 and RED.

Edited the Glowing Endmire Stinger.
You 100% positive about the SL Enchants that require Level 50? I just did it through trade window, it's +6 on my 49 and RED.

Nope, I'm 100% wrong. The weapon enchant worked, but not the ring enchant.
[doublepost=1618297824,1618296430][/doublepost]
Nope, I'm 100% wrong. The weapon enchant worked, but not the ring enchant.

Hang on, is that why you also don't have the SL back, chest, and wrist enchants on your list i.e. those don't work either?

[doublepost=1618297824,1618296430][/doublepost]

Hang on, is that why you also don't have the SL back, chest, and wrist enchants on your list i.e. those don't work either?
Correct.

That is a BUMMER. I really wanted the leech enchant for the cloak. That's bizarre that the SL weapon enchant works as do a couple of others, but the rest don't.
What weapon enchant works? My hunter has a 152 gun and the enchants need lvl 50, or under 140 ilvl?

What weapon enchant works? My hunter has a 152 gun and the enchants need lvl 50, or under 140 ilvl?

Holy smokes, nice gun! I'm dying to find a suitable mainhand and offhand in that ilvl range.

I used Celestial Guidance on my main hand. Another player (level 50+) needed to apply it for me through the trade window, but the enchant works great!

Holy smokes, nice gun! I'm dying to find a suitable mainhand and offhand in that ilvl range.

I used Celestial Guidance on my main hand. Another player (level 50+) needed to apply it for me through the trade window, but the enchant works great!
I never tried an enchant like that (maybe ages ago before the vellums) i'll have to give it a go then :) thank you for the info.

I just equipped my paladin with a 134 off hand, it was from the harmonic chest in Ardenweald, is that good for you?

I appreciate you equipping that! It's a great step forward in stats, but I'd rather keep to a shield for my shammy (I should have specified that previously).
Always happy to help!
I'm worried i'm taking the thread off topic, but can I ask the enchant method, does that 50+ person applying the enchant need to be an enchanter applying it from their spell book, or can it be from a vellum?

does that 50+ person applying the enchant need to be an enchanter applying it from their spell book, or can it be from a vellum?

I had mine done from a vellum via a non-enchanter. It just needed to happen through a trade window so that someone 50+ could apply it. I will say the process visually glitched i.e. he was waiting for me to hit okay even though his side of the trade window hadn't gone green yet, but it worked nonetheless. The second time I had an enchant done, there was no glitch.

I had mine done from a vellum via a non-enchanter. It just needed to happen through a trade window so that someone 50+ could apply it. I will say the process visually glitched i.e. he was waiting for me to hit okay even though his side of the trade window hadn't gone green yet, but it worked nonetheless. The second time I had an enchant done, there was no glitch.
Thanks weapon works great, so does the reduce fall damage on boots, but I don’t think that will prove useful really.

Thanks weapon works great, so does the reduce fall damage on boots, but I don’t think that will prove useful really.

I tell you what, they made that boot enchant for me. For whatever godforsaken reason, I'm always like, "...Yeah, I can make that drop, no worries." fffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFOOMPomp!

In the rare occasion I start a new toon, one of my first ten achievements always ends up Going Down.

From a more practical standpoint, there are a couple of WSG roof falls where I could have used that enchant.
[doublepost=1618715322,1618715183][/doublepost]Are we sure the Siphoning Blood-Drinker is farmable? I've seen no drops for six days straight. Usually I see at least a blue repeat by this time.

A weekly? Which one?
That drop. It's the only one of all the possible Boss spawn drops that scales to 49, and I've only ever gotten loot once/week. Pools of Mystery I think they call it.

Users who are viewing this thread