19 Quick Start Gearing Guide [BfA]

Discussion in 'Level 10-19' started by necroaqua, Jul 28, 2018.

Share This Page

1. OP
    necroaqua

necroaqua Dedicated Guide Author

I believe a few users put together some consumables in the comments somewhere, but I don't cover them in the guide for the most part and I don't know of a full guide. I'd skim through the comments to find those and start there.

2. Arcpowah

Arcpowah New Member

gotcha, thanks for the reply. time to start skimming lol.

3. ZiqoHeatonBåten

ZiqoHeatonBåten New Member

@necroaqua First off, great guide! I got a couple of questions.

1. How does non-meta classes compare to meta classes when it comes to pugs? Would it be bad to play things such as Frost/Fire Mage, warlock, shadow priest etc? I think my plan is mainly to play pugs whenever im bored of doing things on my main etc.

2. When it comes to burst classes how does ele force compare to spellpower? How much does 1 sp add to a spell? For example lets say you cast 5 spells, would 1 proc of ele force do more dmg than the SP adding a bit to those 5 spells?

3. I've heard alot that vers is just so good at this level, is it worth it trying out buiilds where you go for vers as a secondary stat or not even at all? i.e Haste > Vers, Crit > Vers, Haste > Crit, Crit > Haste etc.

Cheers!

4. OP
    necroaqua

necroaqua Dedicated Guide Author

IMO, you should play what you have fun with. In pugs, any twink is more valuable than the average leveler. You might regret that you can't carry games as well as a druid - but if you enjoy getting off pyroblasts as a fire mage, then do that. If playing against other meta twinks, you'll find yourself at a disadvantage - whether that is an interesting challenge or a reason to go meta is up to you.

Every spell has its own ratio for how much spell power affects the spell. Elemental force is really good, so its really hard for a spellpower enchant to overtake it. Ele force procs very often as well, usually once every 6 seconds or so - so it can often proc twice in a short time.

You can find some players that value verse and haste equally depending on the build. There are a few specs where haste/crit are super valuable - but verse is still really useful for them. Fury warrior (haste), fire mage (crit), and destro lock (crit) are the ones off the top of my head that might consider a different priority.