19 Quick Start Gearing Guide [BfA]

Discussion in 'Level 10-19' started by necroaqua, Jul 28, 2018.

Share This Page

1. OP
    necroaqua

necroaqua Dedicated Guide Author

I'll be cleaning up the Farmable Upgrades section to make it look pretty and include relevant notes like the mob, respawn times, and unique things like how to reach bloodmyst as horde.

But the answer is that you need to take the portal from Teldrassil, located on the west dock. To get there, you need to cross the water from darkshore to teldrassil. You can get there solo without dying to fatigue by using a Riding Turtle or Sea Turtle mount (and maybe druid travel form). Other classes will probably die to fatigue, but should be able to get back to your body as a ghost walking on water and then finish the trip. Easiest is for another player to give you a ride or provide water walking.

2. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

The river paw mystic staff is 13 vers not 16.

3. OP
    necroaqua

Do you have a screenshot or armory link? I've only gotten green/blue ones to drop, so I'm using wowhead's numbers (which match the green/blue versions) for epic.

4. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

I saw one in a bg earlier, and I currently have a blue one, I will screenshot it next time I see it or obtain it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magatha

Magatha New Member

Versatility on a blue Riverpaw Mystic Staff (10) is lower than that of a blue Foamspittle (13). I think that confirms that an epic Riverpaw Mystic Staff would be worse than an epic Foamspittle, although I might be wrong.

6. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

Its 13 vers on epic riverpaw. I need to snag a screenshot

7. Johannessens

Johannessens Member

wowhead numbers also say 13 vers for the riverpaw mystic staff at ilvl 31 which is epic

8. OP
    necroaqua

Hmmmm. I could have sworn wowhead had 16 as well, but yeah, it looks like 13 verse. I'll update when I get a chance.

9. Bus73r

Bus73r New Member

Btw full plate is a relevant option now for holy paladins if you get the right stuff to proc from quests. 50% physical armor is hard to ignore and even harder to burst as a rogue or warr. Depends on team comp to be completely viable though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Swoops

Swoops Grandfathered

A little change for WW - they can't use daggers, so their OH weapon will be the same as the MH one.

They can also 100% use a 2h weap instead of dual wielding since FoF is the only hard 1h weapon requirement. Prob not worth listing though since a second enchant will outweigh any benefit of that most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    necroaqua

I think that will mean that Shadowfang/Bronze shortsword is still BiS offhand then for WW. And definitely don't want to give up the double ele force...though a 2h would mean a +10 agi enchant...

12. Outty

Outty New Member

13. Killer

Killer Member

Thanks for keeping the guide updated, wish they would do the same with the 20-F2P Vet guide!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spellpower

Spellpower Veteran

nice list

Slicer blade drops from https://www.wowhead.com/npc=115/harvest-reaper not the "greater-fleshripper"

15. pallyallah

pallyallah Member

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/1455

So apparently this does still drop, but only rarely by a mob that only exists during a very specific phased [art of a quest in redridge, where only alliance can do it.

I have a twink thats pretty much at this point and I am kind of interested to kill it for a bit to test it out, is there any solid reason for why i am retarded for doing this?

16. Eclipsis

Eclipsis Veteran

16 str is available from every pure str 2hander quest, but this is technically farmable. The downside is it has 0.2 less dps at epic.

So not really worth getting.

17. OP
    necroaqua

Thats what it says though, right? Drops from harvest reaper? And the harvest reaper shares spawns with greater fleshrippers?

I don't think that can still drop. I don't think any of the redridge single source BoEs still drop. For the axe, theres only 1 currently on the AH and it isn't scaled at all. Do you have a screenshot or armory with someone who has it?

That being said, feel free to try and farm it to know if it exists. If you can even get one to drop, then its more proof than we have right now. If you don't get a drop after a decent number of kills, then you know it either doesn't exist, or would take forever to get an epic given you need 20+ drops on average to get an epic.

18. Imnotabelf

Imnotabelf Grandfathered

Many of the questionable items were removed with Cata's revamp. While a few have been brought back (whether through the new scaling patches or salvage crates from WoD), most of them remain out of game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser

Laser Veteran

Wow, very nice guide.

How is Full defias set for rogues these days?

20. Eclipsis

Eclipsis Veteran

Pretty bad. Rogues have multiple BoE epics to make use of, and the set bonus is nowhere near as strong as the two for casters from wailing caverns.