19 Legion Gear Prep Guide

and for dual wielders/two-handers, stratholme lily still boosts ilevel from backpack
im trying to figure out other items that does the same

Are you sure about this? It increases the second number (available ilvl) - but I'm pretty sure your stats are from the equipped ilvl. I went into a BG as a rogue with it in my bags. Equipping it over my 24 weapon increased my stats, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't boost anything.

Can anyone verify that gloves come from BG boxes at the 19 bracket? I've yet to see any or get any.

I don't think they do. I'm having a hard time figuring out which slots of gear really do drop, and which don't. It appears to change or increase per bracket, but I don't know. I'd welcome some input.

Please update the guide ASAP. Cloth pants do not add stats anymore for anyone who main armor is not cloth. For now, as I understand, you need to wear your main armor type on BG for stats to be added - otherwise, as I understand, it is equal to empty slot. Head also do not work.

Please update the guide ASAP. Cloth pants do not add stats anymore for anyone who main armor is not cloth. For now, as I understand, you need to wear your main armor type on BG for stats to be added - otherwise, as I understand, it is equal to empty slot. Head also do not work.

Updated the guide (with a ton of help from @Original ). My exhausted self is going to bed.

Any leather heands I think are automatically upgraded to ilvl 24.

Regarding old head - I think it still may work on cloth wearers. Can someone check?

Any leather heands I think are automatically upgraded to ilvl 24.

Regarding old head - I think it still may work on cloth wearers. Can someone check?

Gear no longer scales in instanced PvP, unfortunately. The mist-piercing goggles aren't considered cloth -- they don't have any armor type (also, unfortunately).

So even if you get BiS, which is hella hard with the master anglers, you gain less than a 2% advantage over others?

So even if you get BiS, which is hella hard with the master anglers, you gain less than a 2% advantage over others?

Yes currently but Blizzard have said they may up the % given per ilvl, there starting low so they can work out the proper balance rather than starting high.

True, less than 2% over someone who is properly geared, but not BiS geared. In practice, I find I get a 5-7% advantage because other players have a piece of leather when they need all mail, or a caster isn't using a wand, plus I have a couple of consumables, etc.

Please keep in mind that a 2% increase in stats means an about 4% increase in potency. This is because the 2% gives you both offensive and defensive stats.
Imagine an increase of 50% of your stats. That would give you, lets say 15,000 of health over 10,000, and 1,500 of DPS over 1,000. To kill a 100% stats player it would take you 6.67 seconds, while it would take that very same 100% stats player 15 seconds to kill you! Thats a 125% increase in potency, from a 50% increase in stats!

Users who are viewing this thread