19 Legion Gear Prep Guide

I think these IL90 (Mist Piercing Goggles) are now BiS http://www.wowhead.com/item=87213/mist-piercing-goggles

They are not BiS as they do not have an armor type. Having a complete set of the proper armor type (warriors wear plate, hunters mail, druids leather, priests cloth, etc) provides a 5% bonus to the primary stat (agi/int/str) in instanced pvp. So while it might be a good ilvl item, you would actually lose 5% of your primary stat to gain perhaps .1% or .2% of your primary stat, armor, and stam. Its not worth it.

Gear follows this priority list, with the exception of wands and weapon damage based classes/specs:
1. Have gear in each slot. (Template to 100%)
2. Have proper armor type in each slot (+5% primary stat)
3. Up ilvl as much as possible (+.1% per ilvl above 24)

They are not BiS as they do not have an armor type. Having a complete set of the proper armor type (warriors wear plate, hunters mail, druids leather, priests cloth, etc) provides a 5% bonus to the primary stat (agi/int/str) in instanced pvp. So while it might be a good ilvl item, you would actually lose 5% of your primary stat to gain perhaps .1% or .2% of your primary stat, armor, and stam. Its not worth it.

Didn't know that. Thank you!

This item is BoP. Mob - 30+ lvl.
How to get it?

Or wowhead have incorrect info?

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure. The razormane seer that drops it may be from the old barrens (pre-cata), so it might be unobtainable. The level 30+ razormane seer doesn't list it in the drops. It may be grandfathered.

Wouldnt the http://www.wowhead.com/item=132168/common-legion-blade be the best weapon for rogue at 19?

As of right now it is BiS mainhand/offhand for outlaw, offhand for subtlety, mainhand for prot warrior, prot pally, holy pally, mistweaver monk, WW monk andddddd thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

If the PTR changes go through, it will still be BiS for most of those - but not outlaw rogue mainhand or prot warrior mainhand.

I have heard that they nerved the White iLvl benefit...do you not get any benefit from white iLvls anymore? Can anyone confirm that as of now?

I have heard that they nerved the White iLvl benefit...do you not get any benefit from white iLvls anymore? Can anyone confirm that as of now?

You do as long as they have an armor type. For example, Heliscan Pantaloons still benefit cloth wearing classes, because it has the armor type "cloth". However, white armor WITHOUT armor types doesn't benefit anyone, or white armor with an inappropriate armor type for specific classes. Warriors need to wear plate, rogues need to wear leather etc.

You do as long as they have an armor type. For example, Heliscan Pantaloons still benefit cloth wearing classes, because it has the armor type "cloth". However, white armor WITHOUT armor types doesn't benefit anyone, or white armor with an inappropriate armor type for specific classes. Warriors need to wear plate, rogues need to wear leather etc.
Thanks for the reply -- so that means white rings and necklaces don't give anything?

Sorta right, but sorta wrong too. All white items still count for ilvl. But ilvl is typically .1% stat per average equipped ilvl. If you have every piece the correct armor type (plate/mail/leather/cloth), you get a 5% boost to agi/int/str. So it's not worth it to use the cloth pants on a warrior, even though it's a better ilvl.

Rings, necks, and offhands don't have armor types - so you want the highest ilvl there - which happens to be a white item.

I am really confused, i am asking about a 29 twink, it says weapon speed takes priority over ilvl, the bigger the number of weapon speed on a weapon means the slower it attacks doesnt it? and isnt that bad? also weapon damage would be important whitch is basically ilvl right? can someone explain this regarding a 29 twink rogue.

I am really confused, i am asking about a 29 twink, it says weapon speed takes priority over ilvl, the bigger the number of weapon speed on a weapon means the slower it attacks doesnt it? and isnt that bad? also weapon damage would be important whitch is basically ilvl right? can someone explain this regarding a 29 twink rogue.

Since all your abilities as a rogue uses your weapon, the damage of the weapon is compensated by its speed. "DPS" - damage per second. You see a lot of weapons linger around same DPS at given levels. This means, that weapons with slow speed needs higher base damage to compensate for their slow speed, while faster weapons does less damage, since they swing more often.

So whenever you use an ability, it takes the speed of the weapon into account and moderates the damage accordingly, making your abilities hit harder. It's a mix between speed and general base damage.

And since everything gets scaled to the average item level of each respective bracket, even shitty low level items gets scaled up, meaning that they are just fine to use.

Reactions: Vor

Users who are viewing this thread