19 Legion Gear Prep Guide

If that were true then being naked would hurt you. People have already said being naked would not count you to zero.

If that were true then being naked would hurt you. People have already said being naked would not count you to zero.
Try different combinations. Seriously, no one has found Blizzard's actual formula for computing item level, so different combinations of items might reveal a surprise. We'd love to know.

I was just able to copy my 19 to the PTR (thanks to @Valotian posting), and profession level requirements remain the same i.e. max 150. So, no new glorious engineering items.

Damn rip :(

How flexible are the weapon slots? Could, for instance, a mutilate/sub rogue use the offhand rose and still be fine, I assume a ranged hunter couldn't use the 2h sword.

Also do we know if the scaling rate is the same at low levels as it is at 110? Cause they've said that 10 average item levels = 0.1% power

Last edited:
For horde, the dungeon bag belt is ilvl 25.

Can we even purchase the old school insignia's anymore? The seller listed on wowhead doesn't have them...

Also theres lots of GF'd items that will fit in - make sure to check your bank. Bring out that talbar mantle.

Updated with a couple of notes, namely a mention of the blue gear coming out of battleground strongboxes, and the removal (from the guide) of the now-grandfathered trinket. Other than that, not much to update.

I'm so confused RN.. why is every one worrying about item lvl :p and if thats the case that the best item level is good them can some one link a boomy with BiS

I'm so confused RN.. why is every one worrying about item lvl :p and if thats the case that the best item level is good them can some one link a boomy with BiS

So the legion pre-patch came out, and they are changing the way instanced pvp works. Basically every class/spec will have specific stats that they get from gear. Resto druids get int and then maybe more haste and less crit or something. Fury warriors get strength and they might get crit. It doesn't matter what stats are actually on your gear though - it only matters what item level you're at. Theres still scaling up to a certain ilvl for that tier (for 19s, it is ilvl 24). This means that a white sword of ilvl 1 is functionally the same as a shadow fang (ilvl 24) (assuming same speeds for weapons). They will both scale to ilvl 24 and contribute the same to your overall ilvl in BGs.

If you have gear that is *above* ilvl 24 (or w/e ilvl for that bracket), then that doesn't scale and can bring your ilvl up even more. The higher average ilvl you have across all gear, the more % of your given stats you'll get. So an ilvl 24 character will get the base 100% of whatever stat. Someone with an ilvl of 34 might have 110% of those stats (I don't remember the exact % it goes up per ilvl).

So basically you just want to boost your ilvl as high as possible. So all the white rings/neck/legs/offhand and the mist-piercing goggles have high ilvls that will bring you above the average 19. Theres a few other quest pieces that you can pick up, as well as some grandfathered gear that also might be good. Winning a BG now drops a box that can have blue ilvl 27 gear as well (including weapons) - so those will be BiS elsewhere.

Also enchants don't have an affect.

World pvp it still matters, so don't trash your gear yet. But shit is weird for a bit.

Everyone is worried about ilvl atm because it is essentially the ONLY thing that matters. NOTHING ELSE matters. Whether it's stats, enchants etc. it simply DOESN'T matter.

I listed some BiS for a Balance / Rdruid. There are other options if you can't / won't go for all of it. It's all about reaching certain thresholds within the ilvl department.

Head: Mist-piercing Goggles.

Neck: Problem Solving Pendant.

Shoulders: Faerie Mantle (idk if gf'd now).

Chest: Watchmaster's Breastplate (alliance only, but horde might have equivalent quest items) // ilvl 27 chest from bg box.

Cloak: Any 25 ilvl cloak from random dungeon satchel (idk if you can get ilvl 27 cloak from bg boxes yet).

Wrist: Any of the ilvl 27 wrists from BG box.

Gloves: Bristlebark Gloves (but really, just any ilvl 24 gloves. There are several -) // ilvl 27 gloves from bg box (not sure if that's a thing yet).

Belt: Any ilvl 25 belt from random dung satchel // ilvl 27 belt from BG box (idk if that's a thing yet).

Legs: Tuxedo Pants.

Feet: Any of the ilvl 27 boots from BG box.

Main-hand: ilvl 27 weapon from BG box.

Off-hand: Stratholme Lily.

Ring 1: The Rock.

Ring 2: The Rock.

Trinket 1: Hook of the master angler.

Trinket 2: Hook of the master angler.

Now this should be BiS as to what you could get in WoD. There are of course people that might have Inferno Robe / Jutebraid / Talbar Mantle etc. which has been GF'd for a lot longer than Faerie Mantle (in case it got gf'd now after pre-patch).

Now there are alternatives to a lot of these items. You need to reach certain thresholds before the ilvl actually trigger any stat gains. So, anyone close to BiS might have the exact same stats as someone that is 100% BiS, just because they are at the same threshold - essentially...

Personally, I think you should just mingle with these thresholds and look to combine it into a swag looking transmog. It's what I've done. I no longer see any stat gain in full legion BiS, or just my swag mog set. However, as more and more slots gets replaced by the new ilvl 27 gear, I might be able to reach new thresholds by putting on the unmogable pieces (which would ruin my current swag - rip).

TLDR; Stat gains are minimal. Find a threshold to go with a swag mog, and look good while slaying nubs.

Uuuuuuh, I'm looking to take advantage of this. Do tell if you find similar items. I'll look for it as well, interesting.

It's because average item level checks the highest ilvl you can possibly equip based on items you have equip or in bags, this may mean people can go back to finding a specific weapon speed they want fast or slow.

My rogue has item level 36 / 39.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/stormscale/Myvanish/advanced
with a lily in inventory. (Tested it with 10 lilys, but no change ^^).
aKGGhjx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread