19 Legion Gear Prep Guide

Can you confirm this works? I saw someone going for the sword, but I can imagine it can only be done through a de-level since the starting quest is level 21? :\

The sword does look really good, even if we cant obtain the actual item we could do the quest on a higher level charactor, then due to the last quest requiring level 19 it would be in Legion wardrobe :)

looks like a alliance only 19 twink quide

what is the point of this being in the guide?.......Any headpiece sold by Griftah (ilvl 100, rogue only)

looks like a alliance only 19 tink quide

what is the point of this being in the guide?.......Any headpiece sold by Griftah (ilvl 100, rogue only)

Horde currently have no quest gear higher then level 24 meaning its not on the guide, all bis gear is from alliance atm.

Can you confirm this works? I saw someone going for the sword, but I can imagine it can only be done through a de-level since the starting quest is level 21? :\

It doesn't work. Many of the quests in the chain require level 21.

i looked at some of the items in game on my 100-lvl player who is a eng and items above have no level req .... they have a eng skill training req. unless something has changed from when i had a eng-19, the problem was eng was the only prof that did not let you go past 150. you had to be level 20 to get to 225 and the parachute cloak

looks like a alliance only 19 tink quide

Fortunately, the Alliance-only gear is the least impactful. At the very most, an Alliance warrior or paladin willing to wield a two-handed sword could get a 1% total stat boost over Horde players. Most Alliance will be lucky to land a 0.5% stat boost advantage.

The 59 bracket has the opposite situation, with a bunch of Horde-only gear. Like with 19s, the Horde-only gear for 59s amounts to a 1% advantage at best.

Because it's the highest ilvl headpiece available to 19 rogues?

I ran across an anomaly tonight, while researching additional gear. We know that gear set bonuses will get deactivated in Legion, and that stats won't matter on gear. But what about "equip" bonuses? Take, for example, the Bronze Band of Force. The bonus isn't a regular stat, and when taken into a higher level battleground, notice how the base stat scales, but the equip stat does not:

http://imgur.com/tjwjhU5

It's possible Blizzard may ignore the "equip" function of some gear. Does someone have access to the beta who could craft or obtain one of the following pieces of gear, and see if the "equip" function still works in a max level battleground?

Voice Amplification Modulator
Red Whelp Gloves
Bronze Band of Force

To be sure, they could work now and Blizzard could nerf them later on, but I'd be curious to know their status.

I ran across an anomaly tonight, while researching additional gear. We know that gear set bonuses will get deactivated in Legion, and that stats won't matter on gear. But what about "equip" bonuses? Take, for example, the Bronze Band of Force. The bonus isn't a regular stat, and when taken into a higher level battleground, notice how the base stat scales, but the equip stat does not:

http://imgur.com/tjwjhU5

It's possible Blizzard may ignore the "equip" function of some gear. Does someone have access to the beta who could craft or obtain one of the following pieces of gear, and see if the "equip" function still works in a max level battleground?

Voice Amplification Modulator
Red Whelp Gloves
Bronze Band of Force

To be sure, they could work now and Blizzard could nerf them later on, but I'd be curious to know their status.

I was hoping that something like this would happen, thats why i used Red Whelp Gloves in my legion set as there ilvl 24 and have the equip bonus, I really do hope they work as would be something really cool for all brackets! :)

Forest Leather Bracers are ilvl 25, if you want to add a wrist to the list.

Also, you missed out on a trinket. Bottled Tornado is obtainable on your twinks. Just get a high lvl to farm it for you, and you loot the item.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused by this....so for lvl 19 xpoff's, it doesn't matter what gear you are wearing...it's just the ilvl that matters???

Users who are viewing this thread