XP Block turned off

But this is just for trials though, right? This won't stop P2P 24's from turning off XP?

Some of us have locked 19's (I do on another server) and 14's to pvp in the lower brackets. Then some people (like Sabe) locked a char at 15 to help with satchel farming. With the bug - or change we will always be stuck in the 20-24 bracket. This really makes me sick as I spent a long time grinding 10g at level 19. I just hope some good comes from this bug and they do something for us trials to make up for this (level 24 would be nice >.<).

I don't mind grinding Guru chests in a sense for nothing but this certainly puts a damper on things.

Perhaps an odd question but does anyone know if the same thing happens (XP-Lock bugging out again, as has happened before in the past with some Patches) if you do content outside Groups?

Couldn't help but notice that the magic word in every incident was 'Instanced Group content', and I mainly planned to use the Lock to Quest and Node in peace in the first place.

If it is indeed an unannounced hot-fix (bug seems more likely, as there is no logic whatsoever to prohibitting F2P accounts from XP-Locking) it does show once again that Blizz can do (attempted) 'balancing acts' with little fuzz if they are so inclined.

I don't mind grinding Guru chests in a sense for nothing but this certainly puts a damper on things.

Perhaps an odd question but does anyone know if the same thing happens (XP-Lock bugging out again, as has happened before in the past with some Patches) if you do content outside Groups?

Couldn't help but notice that the magic word in every incident was 'Instanced Group content', and I mainly planned to use the Lock to Quest and Node in peace in the first place.

If it is indeed an unannounced hot-fix (bug seems more likely, as there is no logic whatsoever to prohibitting F2P accounts from XP-Locking) it does show once again that Blizz can do (attempted) 'balancing acts' with little fuzz if they are so inclined.

Well, I didn't turn in a quest, but my exp didn't pop on when I just was killing mobs/mining.

option is completely gone attached is a SS of XP turn off NPC if your are F2P now

all my players below 20 even a level 12 had there XP auto turned on after this reset they just did

blizz is probably hoping many players will upgrade, due to being to attached to the work they have put into their players

option is completely gone attached is a SS of XP turn off NPC if your are F2P now

all my players below 20 even a level 12 had there XP auto turned on after this reset they just did

blizz is probably hoping many players will upgrade, due to being to attached to the work they have put into their players

blizz wants no free real twinks lmao

I'm lvl 19, not 20, but I can see the exp-lock option and it "works" (I could disable exp again, but it got enabled back when I joined a bg). Are you US? Perhaps you are ahead when it comes to f2p-destroying hotfixes.

blizz wants no free real twinks lmao

As I said they never really liked twinks in the first place they definitely are going to hate free playing twinks. Their goal with F2P is to hook new players into subscribing not to have a place for former subscribers to go when their pay account is closed.

yeah...i'm US, option to pay 10G is gone.

As I said they never really liked twinks in the first place they definitely are going to hate free playing twinks. Their goal with F2P is to hook new players into subscribing not to have a place for former subscribers to go when their pay account is closed.

they took the possibility of playing 3 twink brackets down to one. blizzard has rats that sniff forums like this one and many others, they will leave the 20's alone, knowing many will either get fed up getting farmed by 24's or get bored at 20 and pay to upgrade

I'm lvl 19, not 20, but I can see the exp-lock option and it "works" (I could disable exp again, but it got enabled back when I joined a bg). Are you US? Perhaps you are ahead when it comes to f2p-destroying hotfixes.

In the EU you can currently even Lock your XP at 20 as F2P, just checked it. But as sever maintenance is tonight, it might be different tomorrow.

As for the reasoning why if it is indeed intended and not just a bug like before: the only thing I can up with is the same kind of logic they've probably used for the WSG GY screw-up ie.

''our player base consists of the incarnations of Budha and so only GY camp when the EFC is holed-up at his team's GY. If we make it so no FC will stay at his team's GY, GY camping won't happen. Huzzah!''

and now

''24's are played by the incarnations of Budha and only puke up the 20-24 bracket because they're unhappy by F2P twinks in 10-14 and 15-19, thereby turning away genuine starters. If we make the F2P twinks go away, the 24 twinks will go away as well, making all F2P players happy. Huzzah!''

Yes a silly line of reasoning but we are talking about the same people who brought e.g the TB Win-Trade debacle or Cataclysm as a whole for that matter.

I don't see the ''Blizzard just hates twinks'' line of thought for the simple reason that Blizz couldn't care less about what happens in the XP_Off BG's unless it affects Rodney Raidlove and other end-gamers, which pre-20 twinking certainly doesn't.

Also, the ''only wants genuine Starters'' line of thought makes no sense marketting wise, as again the XP-Lock thing is both too obscure and again, not affecting either Rodney or those genuine starters (you don't Lock your XP by accident). Without the possibility of F2P play, many former WoW subscribers would simply drift away from the game completely - this way they keep disgruntled unsubscribers 'in the loop' and thereby more likely to re-subscribe than would otherwise be the case.

Personally I stopped paying attention to WoW except for glancing 'professional' interest months before F2P was made possible, and F2P brought me back.

In the EU you can currently even Lock your XP at 20 as F2P, just checked it. But as sever maintenance is tonight, it might be different tomorrow.

As for the reasoning why if it is indeed intended and not just a bug like before: the only thing I can up with is the same kind of logic they've probably used for the WSG GY screw-up ie.

''our player base consists of the incarnations of Budha and so only GY camp when the EFC is holed-up at his team's GY. If we make it so no FC will stay at his team's GY, GY camping won't happen. Huzzah!''

and now

''24's are played by the incarnations of Budha and only puke up the 20-24 bracket because they're unhappy by F2P twinks in 10-14 and 15-19, thereby turning away genuine starters. If we make the F2P twinks go away, the 24 twinks will go away as well, making all F2P players happy. Huzzah!''

Yes a silly line of reasoning but we are talking about the same people who brought e.g the TB Win-Trade debacle or Cataclysm as a whole for that matter.

I don't see the ''Blizzard just hates twinks'' line of thought for the simple reason that Blizz couldn't care less about what happens in the XP_Off BG's unless it affects Rodney Raidlove and other end-gamers, which pre-20 twinking certainly doesn't.

Also, the ''only wants genuine Starters'' line of thought makes no sense marketting wise, as again the XP-Lock thing is both too obscure and again, not affecting either Rodney or those genuine starters (you don't Lock your XP by accident). Without the possibility of F2P play, many former WoW subscribers would simply drift away from the game completely - this way they keep disgruntled unsubscribers 'in the loop' and thereby more likely to re-subscribe than would otherwise be the case.

Personally I stopped paying attention to WoW except for glancing 'professional' interest months before F2P was made possible, and F2P brought me back.

this. I came back to play free. My main account is now resubbed. If they remove f2p stuff I Leave again.

This has happened to my 19 twinks multiple times on my p2p account, I had to turn my xp back off after it had been off for weeks. My priest literally needs1 more experience point to level, so if I don't pay attention, I will level her. Hope this problem gets fixed.

Well, I didn't turn in a quest, but my exp didn't pop on when I just was killing mobs/mining.

To me that just screams 'bug'.

Call me a miser if you want, but I don't think that Blizzard would care enough to make the XP-Lock sophisticated enough to make distinctions between Instance XP and Node XP on purpose, and it makes even less sense to restrict this sophistication just to Starter accounts as seems to be the case.

Still this does leave me with the conundrum of rushing my toon to the level I wanted to Lock her (12) and thereby miss out on Honor, or hope it indeed is a bug and possibibly miss out on being anything but a bloodsplat in 10-14.

Meh.

Has the same thing happened with Locked P2P's, considering that it has happpened before and considering the 'sophistication' of the unLocking?

Users who are viewing this thread