Why do i chose to play F2P ?

it was the 19 bracket first, it shall remain and I shall join. our f2p bracket started off f2p and I shall remain that way, even if the rest of the bracket doesn't. asking why I don't play with f2p restrictions on a 19 is just stupid. much love though you should try a 19 it's way better than this shit bracket (ik you have that 19 though, so just play it more lol). as shit as the 20-29 bracket is though I'll still continue to play it as a f2p. I just persevere the way through.

I wasn't trying to fire shots, I was just pointing out a rather self-evident irony that you are willing to gimp your own gear in one bracket while patronizing those that don't, while using the same advantages in another bracket. The same "challenge" is available in the 19s bracket but both you and Lenny use the same enchants you hate on. Again, no offense, both of you are great players. I just feel like you're playing with double standards.

I agree with you that 19s is better, since everyone has the same enchants. I haven't been playing my 19 as much because it's not as fun without being in a 19 guild/team, so as soon as I can fund myself on BH I'll reroll over there.

I wasn't trying to fire shots, I was just pointing out a rather self-evident irony that you are willing to gimp your own gear in one bracket while patronizing those that don't, while using the same advantages in another bracket. The same "challenge" is available in the 19s bracket but both you and Lenny use the same enchants you hate on. Again, no offense, both of you are great players. I just feel like you're playing with double standards.

I agree with you that 19s is better, since everyone has the same enchants. I haven't been playing my 19 as much because it's not as fun without being in a 19 guild/team, so as soon as I can fund myself on BH I'll reroll over there.

come over to my guild. we gotchu! but I don't have double standards. just 2 diff standards each for different brackets. I would understand if I had double standards in the same bracket though.

edit: it's not "the same advantages in another bracket" because everyone has it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
come over to my guild. we gotchu! but I don't have double standards. just 2 diff standards each for different brackets. I would understand if I had double standards in the same bracket though.

edit: it's not "the same advantages in another bracket" because everyone has it already.

Cool, I'll hit you up the next time I log!

You can twink at the lowest level with or without chants in any bracket. The higher you go the more abilitys, gear, raids and to much to list you unlock. The real reason you play here is because it's free. There's nothing wrong with that but, be honest.

Can play on others feelings or let it go ;)

Check out my new challenge thread men, if you dareee.........

f2p is definitely good for training, but it would be best if we had a bracket of our own. No enchants is a lot more than just, gimping yourself, its freeing yourself.

^^^ at the saint, the higher you go the more REKT m8 you get for not having the enchants, and lets be honest, low lvl pvp is much more brutal. 19s will kill you. 20-29 is the only place f2ps can really thrive atm.

On topic.

In cataclysm when F2P was fresh and had tons of fun to offer people played what they liked and used the knowledge of everyone to get the best out of f2p. Getting BiS gear, how to get looms, how to get standard scope, discovery that we can get sea turtle from schools that don't even show fish, PvP - it was all about everything. Now it's all about PvP, because people like it, but it really is all about PvP. The fact that we have linked accounts pretty much killed the part where our hard worked for pet, mount or title matters.

The fact that it's all about PvP makes people go 29 or Vet because why give up on power?

At least try F2P. Try different aspects it offers.

I know that why I played F2P was more related to it being extremely casual to gear / play.

When I first started, I didn't want to commit to the expensive Xpac and several months worth of grinding to become max level + geared adequately before I could PvP.

The sub didn't bother me as much as the time commitment to a game that I really only wanted to play occasionally.

Then I got connected to this community, and I began to play for a chance to see friends rather than because it was casual.

But no - I never played because it was free, or because I didn't like endgame's complexity. I would play endgame in a heartbeat if I knew people and had the Xpac unlocked.

I mean, I can understand the aspect of wanting to play F2P for the challenge or whatever, but what I don't get is how a majority of F2Ps complained about all the advantages that P2Ps had. Then when Blizzard I'm sure actually listened to the community and introduced Vets for us to play those same F2Ps that complained didn't move up to Vet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about all the F2Ps, but it's just never made much sense to me.

True unless we possibly found a way to reach the f2ps that don't use the site or even the F2P channel.

You and i do have Youtube accounts, and may actually make a change.
: If this bracket gets separated, into F2P twinking and Veteran Twinking. I will of course make more videos to just show that bracket's activity and increase the population on Twinkinfo.com / F2PTwinking by advertising it.

Or acting as a distraction. Won plenty of 19 WSG games back in the day by getting noticed by the twinks, running away to one flank where I'd get ganked, so our FC had a clear run up the other flank. Level 10 clothies were OP when facing dumb ;)

Exactly, outplays are made in a lot of different ways. And here is where your true potential will be shown up as a f2p. If you are a warrior, and you see your FC crossing, all you have to focus on doing is, Peel for your FC. It may really be the game savior. I have tried his before on my warrior when Lanky was FC on EU and it actually worked. I was able to slow the incoming in tunnel, and actually die, but able to land that TClap on my last, living seconds. Then i completely rushed O and had that EFC kill!

if your f2p you have skill

must be true according to [MENTION=15243]black[/MENTION]cow and [MENTION=2107]Jenny[/MENTION]boreantundra

Well, first off. It is Lenny, not Jenny. I have no idea why are you being aggressive... Try to attack the argument, not me.

If you play vet it doesn't mean you don't have skill. It means, your skill isn't improving a lot day by day, but its still improving.

And you know, as a F2P, you are the lowest level, so you've gotta be very careful, which makes you think things way quickly and makes you arrive at a conclusion, quicker than before.

I am talking experience, not crap.

Honestly, i find 19s easier, because everything is placed in a certain level, no level separations which 20-29 offers. If you have played as the F2P level in the 20-29, and you have prevailed, there is nothing that may actually stop you at a bracket which offers everything to be equal!

I mean, I can understand the aspect of wanting to play F2P for the challenge or whatever, but what I don't get is how a majority of F2Ps complained about all the advantages that P2Ps had. Then when Blizzard I'm sure actually listened to the community and introduced Vets for us to play those same F2Ps that complained didn't move up to Vet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about all the F2Ps, but it's just never made much sense to me.

It was mostly because a lot of F2Ps moved up to Vet and some of us actually didn't like it. Anyway, if you feel like going Vet, then be it! I have no idea why should anyone stop you!

I don't f2p because it's free, i do it because I'm a free spirit, and beer.

It actually does feel pretty good beating a 29 premade with a vet f2p mix

The only problem with f2ps is the vast majority of them are neither good and obviously not geared meaning they are a huge drag on your team. I get the idea of wanting to challenge yourself, but having a 2.8k hp f2p demo lock on our team makes me cry because I know he's gonna do 10k damage, go 1-19 and just live in our gy. He makes it 9 v 10. Also, most classes can't outplay a 29 and win. Argue with me if you want but no f2p is going to outplay even the most mediocrely competent 29 feral, bm, spriest, or hunter, which is what a majority of 29s are because there is no room to outplay them. You can try to run, depending on your class cough druid cough, but they do more dmg and healing and if you drag them to your team thats not outplaying them. I played f2p a few years ago and loved it, but now its awful.

Users who are viewing this thread