Why do i chose to play F2P ?

LennywBT

SpeeDIO
Hello everyone,

This thread, has a single purpose. It is to encourage people to join it. And to answer a lot of questions that people have for me or any other F2P(Using Enchanting restrictions) out there.

#WhyF2P ? I will tell you why I personally find F2P very cool down below. The number 1 is, i find it very cool and fun to actually play in this bracket as a F2P.

• The first reason i play F2P is the challenge it offers. This bracket actually has 3 different type of accounts/choices/levels to go with. 1.F2P (restricted)(The most hard to play "level"), 2. Veteran ,3. Level 29 twink(No restrictions).

- Now, imagine yourself being on the third level, 29s. What this level offers, is more abilities to use, and encourages the use of enchantments. This is the highest level, and the level that requires less skills to use in order to win a game. Because you have the Abilities, and the enchantments on your gear. Which totally means, you have the power to crush those lower levels. To me, playing 29 requires skill, but not that much, really. We will get to this point below.

- Now the level 2. Veteran. You have the enchantments, but not the abilities the level 3 does. But you still have a large part to play here, because you for one, are able to defeat 29s without much struggle. Because there is only a factor preventing you, and if you are able to outplay the 29, you have won against them. This for me it requires a low to medium amount of skills.

- Now the third level... F2P. F2P is the lowest level, which restricts abilities, and enchantments. As many of you know, enchantments play a big role into DPS / Armor / Health and Movement Speed. And you are only allowed to use enchantments that are at 1-100(110 for blood elves) Enchanting Skill. Therefore, you are able to enchant your bracers, cloak, weapon, chest, and shield + an unique cloak enchant if you are Blood Elf. So for F2Ps, there is lack, in Movement Speed, Damage, Health, and maybe Armor. This is the level that requires you to have a massive amount of skill. If you want to grow up skill wise, this is the bracket i suggest you to play, and the one i mostly play.

• If you want to grow up skill wise, this is the bracket i suggest you to play, and the one i mostly play.
    Why ? Here is why, if you prevail, and manage to be a game-changing factor as a F2P at this bracket, you have done it. With little less practise, you will as well be able to make it in different brackets using less effort. And eventually, you will be one of the greatest/respected player(This is also based on the language you use,and the attitude you mostly have, but we aren't explaining that here).

• Still not convinced ? Well, there are people like Albinocow, Bop, ETshaman , Pleya, Lankypuss, Swifttaco, Koci and me that sometimes organize F2P events. Mostly Warsong Gulch 10v10s, but also Arathi Basin achievement premades (Bop) but also World PvP in different zones. --- Koci (Actually i miss this guy, he was the one leading the F2P World PvP events in Stragetholm Vale at a raid, i believe it was Zul'Gurub.)

But what i find really astonishing and marvelous here in these 10v10s is, there isn't much of a burst-based game, its more of a strategical play and its not focused on your enchants procreating, in order to deal massive numbers. Which means, your damage will be the same, all the game. And in order to prevail, you will need to outplay the opposing team, strategy and communication wise. This is a really awesome thing that only this bracket offers, and that's why it makes it so special and unique to everyone else that plays it.

• I personally also play in this bracket, because of the friends i have made here, because of the COMMUNITY. They keep me moving on with my F2P and i like it. I love you guys.
  • This is coming from someone who has played all levels of accounts ( i came into this bracket as a 24, played 29s wotlk,i have 29s now, of course play f2ps and in the past ive had chants on some 20s as well ). When i have used p2p enchants i can see the good habits i built up that were required to make f2p useful and fun where becoming sluggish and dull, if i switched back to f2p those little techniques started to sharpen again. Playing with chants will almost certainly not bring out the fullest of ur abilities and will actually make u hit a "glass" skill ceiling, where u do not face the same obstacles and challenges u would as a f2p so u have no chance of actually bettering urself or learning from those experiences.

What is your choice ?? If you have more reasons to add, feel free to reply =)! I hope you like this type of thread, and please, stay as much on topic as possible!

- Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
29 without chants is quiet fun, allows for higher personal skill cap with more spells and techniques available but no over powered stats. If u have an active sub but dont want to go full f2p for watever reason u can do this and even throw in a speed chant if needed.

As for vets, ive seen many talk about or even have f2p sets but they rarely use them outside organized pvp settings, i dont really blame them too much i guess, getting big numbers or being able to do more while thinking less can result in easier way to enjoy ur time in game. However, thats all a mindset and u'll enjoy playing without chants much better.

If i had to make a comparison it would be eating. You can eat junk food and itll taste good for those few minutes or what have u, but later it only has negative effects. Compared to eating healthy food which ur taste buds may be so attracted to. Its easy to give into the junk food, and after a while it becomes habit. To get ur taste buds and mind back on track u need a few days break of junk food and continue eating healthier food and then ur cravings for the sugary drinks or fast food will nearly completely disappear. Your mind is naturally centered towards immediate rewards and its takes knowledge to actually not give into those.

This is coming from someone who has played all levels of accounts ( i came into this bracket as a 24, played 29s wotlk,i have 29s now, of course play f2ps and in the past ive had chants on some 20s as well ). When i have used p2p enchants i can see the good habits i built up that were required to make f2p useful and fun where becoming sluggish and dull, if i switched back to f2p those little techniques started to sharpen again. Playing with chants will almost certainly not bring out the fullest of ur abilities and will actually make u hit a "glass" skill ceiling, where u do not face the same obstacles and challenges u would as a f2p so u have no chance of actually bettering urself or learning from those experiences.

If u cant really get a grasp of what i am saying, then by all means use chants if u feel like it ( this is a game and it is meant for ur enjoyment how u see fit ). But if u want to better urself then i highly suggest u consider ever word written here. I see all too often players getting mad when they die, or popping speed pots to survive when they overextend or generally arnt as aware as they should be. Sometimes u have to die, or u should die, the ppl killing u most likely deserved to kill u and u should accept it humbly and gain information on what not to do next time. Those ppl who blame others so adamantly when they die or start yelling will never reach their full potential, there is always something u could have done to prevent that. You must take into account all aspects of ur team and the enemy team, u should have an idea how skilled the ppl around u are and what they will do, then u work off that. When u die its mostly because u overestimated what ur teamates would do, or underestimated what the enemy would do in reaction to u or ur team.

Any fool can restrict themselves in any bracket, the reason you chose this one is because its more widely accepted (because f2p)

also its pretty selfish to WANT CHALLENGE and not GIVE CHALLENGE by restricting yourself, should think of others

if you really are forced to play f2p due to economical reasons, rethink your life and list wow at the bottom please

It's fun, it's free, it's always there, and I can always come back. Usually find a friend or two in the process but meh.

I personally enjoy vet the best, there is skill involved. Especially depending on what class you play, and competing against 29s aren't easy. It's a big challenge to fight 2 29s when your a vet in arena, or perhaps one bm 29 that can absorb 3k (lol). But I believe there is a larger gap between 29s and vets than you think. Enchants help a lot, but the gear and abilities they get are a HUGE advantage. Meaning that the skill lvl has to be there to compete against the larger hp numbers and damage of 29s. The issue with playing f2p is that they can't compete at all against 29s or certain vets. Only few classes like disc,feral,hunter, etc have a chance to compete against vets. So as great as a skill lvl a f2p player has, it won't have any room to show. It's sad cause I know they're a lot of talented F2P players out there, only to get one shotted by a certain proc. But like I said, depending on your class you can still be useful and successful in bgs and arena.

29 without chants is quiet fun, allows for higher personal skill cap with more spells and techniques available but no over powered stats. If u have an active sub but dont want to go full f2p for watever reason u can do this and even throw in a speed chant if needed.

As for vets, ive seen many talk about or even have f2p sets but they rarely use them outside organized pvp settings, i dont really blame them too much i guess, getting big numbers or being able to do more while thinking less can result in easier way to enjoy ur time in game. However, thats all a mindset and u'll enjoy playing without chants much better.

If i had to make a comparison it would be eating. You can eat junk food and itll taste good for those few minutes or what have u, but later it only has negative effects. Compared to eating healthy food which ur taste buds may be so attracted to. Its easy to give into the junk food, and after a while it becomes habit. To get ur taste buds and mind back on track u need a few days break of junk food and continue eating healthier food and then ur cravings for the sugary drinks or fast food will nearly completely disappear. Your mind is naturally centered towards immediate rewards and its takes knowledge to actually not give into those.

This is coming from someone who has played all levels of accounts ( i came into this bracket as a 24, played 29s wotlk,i have 29s now, of course play f2ps and in the past ive had chants on some 20s as well ). When i have used p2p enchants i can see the good habits i built up that were required to make f2p useful and fun where becoming sluggish and dull, if i switched back to f2p those little techniques started to sharpen again. Playing with chants will almost certainly not bring out the fullest of ur abilities and will actually make u hit a "glass" skill ceiling, where u do not face the same obstacles and challenges u would as a f2p so u have no chance of actually bettering urself or learning from those experiences.

If u cant really get a grasp of what i am saying, then by all means use chants if u feel like it ( this is a game and it is meant for ur enjoyment how u see fit ). But if u want to better urself then i highly suggest u consider ever word written here. I see all too often players getting mad when they die, or popping speed pots to survive when they overextend or generally arnt as aware as they should be. Sometimes u have to die, or u should die, the ppl killing u most likely deserved to kill u and u should accept it humbly and gain information on what not to do next time. Those ppl who blame others so adamantly when they die or start yelling will never reach their full potential, there is always something u could have done to prevent that. You must take into account all aspects of ur team and the enemy team, u should have an idea how skilled the ppl around u are and what they will do, then u work off that. When u die its mostly because u overestimated what ur teamates would do, or underestimated what the enemy would do in reaction to u or ur team.

I agree with you, however I think the speed enchants make a bigger difference than the extra damage from enchants. 20% speed boost is insane. It makes it so that you can't outplay classes you used to be able to outplay. As an hpal I used to be able to kite rogues quite easily, whereas that is no longer possible now. Classes were in fact more bursty in MoP, but F2Ps were able to compete because of mobility and awareness. A feral with speed enchants in cat form is faster a f2p Druid in travel form. That's pretty obsurd to me and I don't see any way you would outrun or outheal that as hpal.

I personally enjoy vet the best, there is skill involved. Especially depending on what class you play, and competing against 29s aren't easy. It's a big challenge to fight 2 29s when your a vet in arena, or perhaps one bm 29 that can absorb 3k (lol). But I believe there is a larger gap between 29s and vets than you think. Enchants help a lot, but the gear and abilities they get are a HUGE advantage. Meaning that the skill lvl has to be there to compete against the larger hp numbers and damage of 29s. The issue with playing f2p is that they can't compete at all against 29s or certain vets. Only few classes like disc,feral,hunter, etc have a chance to compete against vets. So as great as a skill lvl a f2p player has, it won't have any room to show. It's sad cause I know they're a lot of talented F2P players out there, only to get one shotted by a certain proc. But like I said, depending on your class you can still be useful and successful in bgs and arena.

This is not fitting the purpose of the thread topic I think.

also its pretty selfish to WANT CHALLENGE and not GIVE CHALLENGE by restricting yourself, should think of others

Actually no. Even tho i play F2P, i am pretty sure i give challenge to the opposing team.

if you really are forced to play f2p due to economical reasons, rethink your life and list wow at the bottom please

I play WoW Restricted, with an upgrade going on. Which means, i still decide to play what i want, and what i feel to be awesome for me for the reasons listed on the thread.

This is not fitting the purpose of the thread topic I think.

"What is your choice ?? If you have more reasons to add, feel free to reply =)! I hope you like this type of thread, and please, stay as much on topic as possible!"

- Lennywboreantunda

How is stating my opinion of why I play vet not a fitting purpose for the thread when he asks for it at the end of his beginning post?

not your full potential challange, which i what we all want i belive

i play with you, the pay thing is in directed at you, nor was the post, in general to f2ps

Yes, but the Thread pretty much explains, that playing a F2P makes you greater, skill-wise.

There is proof, I am not the only one thinking the thing. There is Albinocow also.

+Yes, i know i would give a ton more challenge as a Vet in BGs, because of the gear i have, but no. I do not want to play a Vet. F2P is just fine for me!

Because, when i actually beat higher "levels" at the lowest one, .... Ohh, the happiness!

Yes, but the game will not be just kill him and get killed. The game's point is, objective. If you do play objectively, which everyone, F2P, Vet, 29, does correctly, they can win, against 29s, vets, f2ps. You just need to be smart, to be able to outplay your enemy, so its not all based on numbers... but also strategy!

"What is your choice ?? If you have more reasons to add, feel free to reply =)! I hope you like this type of thread, and please, stay as much on topic as possible!"

- Lennywboreantunda

How is stating my opinion of why I play vet not a fitting purpose for the thread when he asks for it at the end of his beginning post?

I like how constructive you are and you stay respectful. Not many do that often.

While I agree he asked if you had more to add. I was thinking it was more of a why do you play f2p not why do you play vet, but I guess on 2nd thoughts maybe it was a why or why not type of thing.

Yes, but the game will not be just kill him and get killed. The game's point is, objective. If you do play objectively, which everyone, F2P, Vet, 29, does correctly, they can win, against 29s, vets, f2ps. You just need to be smart, to be able to outplay your enemy, so its not all based on numbers... but also strategy!

Completely agree with you, that's why I brought the point up about certain classes. Strategy is key, and playing objectively is the best way to play.

I like how constructive you are and you stay respectful. Not many do that often.

While I agree he asked if you had more to add. I was thinking it was more of a why do you play f2p not why do you play vet, but I guess on 2nd thoughts maybe it was a why or why not type of thing.

I believe
What is your choice ??
truly says that he is on topic =) !

I believe truly says that he is on topic =) !

Ah I see its any alternative when its put that way. So rather I play vet endgame 29s or 70s its just explaining why.

Now ill go I suppose.
I play f2p because it has shown to be the most balanced for new and old players. If a person doesn't have as good enchants in Vets wargames can be very one sided and some classes become way too op when enchanted. Though I like both that is why I play f2p more. it has been consistently competitive for 3 soon to be 4 years. Vets are fun but the community is not as tight as f2p . I think once Vet gets more inside events such as 10v10s and daily arenas it will start to stabilize. The level 20 GG project sounds like a great idea as well that will help vets grow into a more tight community. One thing about vet is a the start, there were multiple guilds that ended up splitting people so they were less in sync with each other. Its all a process but as of right now F2P more fun because its more balanced atm.

Really nice points Lenny. It's just hard to keep playing with the waves of 29s, Vets, and OP classes. It should start with us staying F2P, but I still think we would not make the majority, the 29s, Vets, will continue to grow, while a small portion will stay F2P for various reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread