Why do i chose to play F2P ?

What about the level 1/2. There are enough new people trying out this game which I am not seeing mentioned in the Op and makes me think why the f2p community is still not playing vet 19s with one, two, three.. big twinkinfo guilds and play wargames. Seems like a very good option to me which everyone should just simply do if you can't get to run wow totally free of cost instead of staying in this bracket. Why stick to something that will not get better while you have the means to change it all and even get way more out of it like wow totally free of costs through the 7 and 10 day wow trial or even game time tokens beats me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen your bone friend. The f2p community will be here for you, but it's harder to make better than the rest. But with enough effort, it can be done like anything. So why do I play free to play? To make this bracket what it is now, and will be, the f2p bracket. Sorry 29s move over, we were here first. You simply, came back.

What is fun to do in this bracket now? BG queues are long and pug games are bad.

Why should I keep playing here?

I don't think anybody plays this bracket for the quality of games or the queue times.

*scratches head*

Maybe we're all just stuck here in some sort of groundhog day situation?

Lord help us.

Hey by the way [MENTION=5837]KainUFC[/MENTION] whatever happened to Tentacleman? I notice he's the only tink in your signature and I haven't seen him in years.

Sure, when it started out F2P twinking was more than doable, Starter Edition accounts were the majority, 24s were a minority of almost entirely scrubs, who could easily be beaten by a moderately skilled F2P or a premade of average players.

The switch back to 20-29 and addition of Veteran accounts though will have completely changed that. With free accounts flooding the bracket all the old pre-XP-lock 29 twink players can now get queues again, and veteran has opened the doors for all the abandoned 19 accounts to play for free at the cost of a single ding (I'm considering dusting off my own 19s and taking them to 20). Many of these players are at the other end of the spectrum from the old 24s.

F2P is no longer something that many new players will want to be part of. The work you have to put into gearing up is no longer rewarded with being part of a large community who play together, regularly fielding full premades. The average player no longer has a place, because your friendly 10 man F2P premade is just going to end up being farmed.

You want to rebuild an F2P community? You're not going to do it by gathering the tiny number of elite F2P players who can contribute when facing 29s and vets. Your only hope is to cater to the majority, and build a community that's open, but to do that you'll have to forget about the entry requirement of BiS twink gearing, and without that gear, forget about playing anything other than wargames.

To get enough people to play wargames you'll have to get organised, but I really can't see that happening when so much of the F2P community is still in high school, and not interested in any kind of additional work or responsibility, on top of all the tedious, pointless **** they're given to do there. Like most gamers they'll take the easiest option that's available to them, and right now that is buying an upgrade and playing as vet.

f2p is just there for when you have no game time left or are waiting for money, but it's actually quite fun. it's different

A few facts....
29's were here and getting queue pops before starters existed.
29's were getting queue pop during the 20-24 bracket. They did come "back" because they never left.
The 20-29 bracket has been around longer than the 20-24 bracket.

While it is true that a brand new starting out Starter account would take quite a bit of work. It is no more work than it would have taken, actually less so, than an account starting in 2011.
Why, you ask? Because now, we have many many more ways to obtain heirlooms than we did before. And we have fantastic guides that we did not have four years ago. Of coarse, the person has the option of the one time $5 fee and then they can continue to be a "F2P" from there on out.

To address the "Wargames" and the starter community comments.
The level 20 community has quite a few wargames. There a few people that relish setting up wargames and world PvP events. As well as I believe it or not level 20 vs 29 wargames /gasp.

With TI under new management it is my belief that we will see greater things happening in the future for the site. Most certainly that would encompass the 20-29 bracket.

Sweetsidney

Allybeboba said:
The level 20 community has quite a few wargames. There a few people that relish setting up wargames and world PvP events. As well as I believe it or not level 20 vs 29 wargames /gasp.

You have to be able to turn off XP to do wargames, F2Ps and vets can't do either. Scaling is also messed up in skirms/wargames.

You have to be able to turn off XP to do wargames, F2Ps and vets can't do either. Scaling is also messed up in skirms/wargames.

Both Trial accounts and Vets can participate in wargame arenas - and wargame battlegrounds, as well.

I have participated in both, as both.

In a recent patch/hotfix you no longer are required to turn on xp to do wargames.
That happened sometime in June, I believe.
I am quite positive that scaling has been fixed as well.

Sweetsidney

A few facts....
29's were here and getting queue pops before starters existed.
29's were getting queue pop during the 20-24 bracket. They did come "back" because they never left.
The 20-29 bracket has been around longer than the 20-24 bracket.

While it is true that a brand new starting out Starter account would take quite a bit of work. It is no more work than it would have taken, actually less so, than an account starting in 2011.
Why, you ask? Because now, we have many many more ways to obtain heirlooms than we did before. And we have fantastic guides that we did not have four years ago. Of coarse, the person has the option of the one time $5 fee and then they can continue to be a "F2P" from there on out.

With TI under new management it is my belief that we will see greater things happening in the future for the site. Most certainly that would encompass the 20-29 bracket.

Sweetsidney

Here's another 'fact'. The 25-29 bracket was pretty much dead before WoD.

Hey on a side note f2p kind of chose me because had starter accounts never been made my old 10 day accounts still would be inactive.

In a recent patch/hotfix you no longer are required to turn on xp to do wargames.
That happened sometime in June, I believe.
I am quite positive that scaling has been fixed as well.

Sweetsidney

Right on. At least they are paying attention.

Here's another 'fact'. The 25-29 bracket was pretty much dead before WoD.

It entirely depends on what you mean by 'dead.' If you only consider a bracket alive when they have random BGs popping on a regular basis, then you're right, the 25-29 bracket was indeed dead. But if you consider a bracket alive when they have other forms of activity such as Wargames, skirms, or dungeon runs happening on a regular basis, then 25-29 bracket was very much alive all through Wotlk, Cata, and Mop.

In fact, the quality of our activity far exceeded the quality of any activity that can be found in a twink bracket right now.

I don't think anybody plays this bracket for the quality of games or the queue times.

*scratches head*

Lord help us.

Hey by the way KainUFC whatever happened to Tentacleman? I notice he's the only tink in your signature and I haven't seen him in years.

Hey man, well I went P2P to make veteran twinks but now Im just playing endgame pvp as bg pops are instant and balance is pretty good/fun. Tentacleman is just sitting there. I couldnt bring myself to change my F2P account to link with my P2P but now Im obsessed with vet gear and endgame so I dont play my F2pS.

*scratches head*

Lord help us.

Hey by the way [MENTION=5837]KainUFC[/MENTION] whatever happened to Tentacleman? I notice he's the only tink in your signature and I haven't seen him in years.

I have never thought it that way, i upgraded, i got every heirloom. And the decision was there, go Vet or Stay F2P. So, it actually got me thinking.

Why should i stay F2P, and not go vet ?

The first reason that popped in my head (i gotta be honest) was,

1. I uploaded videos Youtube. I did it as a F2P, there is no reason for me to go full vet now. The opportunity was there the whole time!

So, i said no. I will play as a F2P, ofc i didn't like Vets at the moment, but at the same time, i didn't really care much to be honest. Now, i actually play vets, sometime, but only for guild purposes.

I played as an Arms Warrior for Needs Mastery, against Nagaz.

Yet, i still find F2P better, i like it to be honest.

5qDkfmy.jpg
(Full-- what happened)
A few days ago...

_

Kills v. Strategy! Shout out to Albino and Orc for this amazing win!

Right on. At least they are paying attention.

It entirely depends on what you mean by 'dead.' If you only consider a bracket alive when they have random BGs popping on a regular basis, then you're right, the 25-29 bracket was indeed dead. But if you consider a bracket alive when they have other forms of activity such as Wargames, skirms, or dungeon runs happening on a regular basis, then 25-29 bracket was very much alive all through Wotlk, Cata, and Mop.

In fact, the quality of our activity far exceeded the quality of any activity that can be found in a twink bracket right now.

If we want to keep adding facts to the list, the 20-29 bracket in vanilla was probably just as active as any bracket today, along with all the other brackets. But was it the same bracket? No. The game has changed immensely and what is the 20-29 bracket now, was first experienced in MOP during 20-24, with the new talent trees. The 25-29s experienced a separate bracket. Now they are one.

See alot misconceptions that the brackets returned to old but that is technically not true. It is a new thing and a combination of both 20-24 and 25-29. Saying it returned back to 20-29 is not true when there is still a battleground that half of a bracket cant participate in It is simply something new and certainly not like the old brackets..

See alot misconceptions that the brackets returned to old but that is technically not true. It is a new thing and a combination of both 20-24 and 25-29. Saying it returned back to 20-29 is not true when there is still a battleground that half of a bracket cant participate in It is simply something new and certainly not like the old brackets..

Your signature is legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread