Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

base damage on weapons is "squished" and scaling of damage from gear is increased. so the 2 sec speed on vultros ends up giving the highest "top end damage" of all daggers. its 3.5 agi for 1 dps i think u get what im going at. and then the 3 speed on the pole. same kindah deal . the percent benefit of weapon speed to the top end damage is smaller then the talon but as your stats increase from scaling of gear and what not the diference will become more apparent.

That would be extremely interesting to see people going for rare fishing/cooking gear for BiS. Or using low level blues for BiS instead of level 20 equivalents.

That would be extremely interesting to see people going for rare fishing/cooking gear for BiS. Or using low level blues for BiS instead of level 20 equivalents.

wtb some 4 speed 2h weapon and windfury weapon :p

better yet look at this bad boy http://wod.wowhead.com/item=20837
haha ima do some numbers on it lol

edit: just ran numbers on the 3.5 speed axe and its top end is 20 damage higher than the heirloom sword.
Bop
looking into normalization -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a thing im still confused about. Aren't most attacks normalized?
yeah im actually looking into that now -.- which is guna suck cause if thats the case cause then bfd mace is bis for combat.

Im actually happy hunters are getting nerfed. Every damn day people are complaining about hunters. It will finally end in WoD. OH WAIT THE SAME PEOPLE WILL START COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NEXT OP CLASS. IT WILL NEVER END. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dont count yourself up just yet . blizz still has to do damage tuning on hunters. but all of your cc is gone so at least thats there

almost all special attacks are normalized

yeah ive done some looking into it and found that blackfathom mace (1.6 speed mace from bfd) is biss for combat due to poison procs being "non normalised" with just a flat 30% chance on hit . that would mean u would want the fastest weapons possible while keeping a sword,axe,or mace in mh for your sinister strike.

yeah ive done some looking into it and found that blackfathom mace (1.6 speed mace from bfd) is biss for combat due to poison procs being "non normalised" with just a flat 30% chance on hit . that would mean u would want the fastest weapons possible while keeping a sword,axe,or mace in mh for your sinister strike.

plWbiEk.png

This is today's numbers, since the tooltips for WoD are all funky. IDK if it directly relates to what you are talking about but i thought it was cool. I'd have to say the AP you would loose with the +3 int mace probably wouldn't be worth the 0.1 sec faster swing. That swing has a 24.9% chance to proc poison come WoD. (83% to hit * 30% chance to proc). Attack power gives an OK amount to your abilities but IDK... I'm sure we could narrow down the numbers for sure lol

Edit: Also Shadowfang looses to BoA mace? That top end man... I did some testing with http://www.wowhead.com/item=30804/bronze-band-of-force and with the +1 damage it's not that much less than the argas ring lol

Last edited by a moderator:
DKGSmkx.png

This is today's numbers, since the tooltips for WoD are all funky. IDK if it directly relates to what you are talking about but i thought it was cool. I'd have to say the AP you would loose with the +3 int mace probably wouldn't be worth the 0.1 sec faster swing. That swing has a 24.9% chance to proc poison come WoD. (83% to hit * 30% chance to proc). Attack power gives an OK amount to your abilities but IDK... I'm sure we could narrow down the numbers for sure lol
send me the spreadsheet cause i want to check some stuff out . and the difference is a 1 sec swing not . 1

1.7 vs 1.6? PMd

im comparing the Blackfathom Mace - Item - World of Warcraft For ONLY COMBAT to Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge - Item - World of Warcraft

blackfathom mace has the 1.6 speed and heirloom has 2.8 speed. they both get normalized to 2.6 for melee attack specials so the damage is comparable ( mace has 16.3 dps heirloom has 16.4 ish dps after u factor in the agility on the heirloom using MOP stats ) you do your melee and what not and they both hit about the same . the difference is going to be in the poison application count . your swinging almost twice as fast so thu your poisons will be hitting almost twice as much . i think that would be enough to compensate for the slightly weaker special attacks.

if your wondering why don't u just use a dagger . well those get normalized to 1.7 speed for melee calcs thats why they hit weaker for combat.

im comparing the Blackfathom Mace - Item - World of Warcraft For ONLY COMBAT to Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge - Item - World of Warcraft

blackfathom mace has the 1.6 speed and heirloom has 2.8 speed. they both get normalized to 2.6 for melee attack specials so the damage is comparable ( mace has 16.3 dps heirloom has 16.4 ish dps after u factor in the agility on the heirloom using MOP stats ) you do your melee and what not and they both hit about the same . the difference is going to be in the poison application count . your swinging almost twice as fast so thu your poisons will be hitting almost twice as much . i think that would be enough to compensate for the slightly weaker special attacks.

if your wondering why don't u just use a dagger . well those get normalized to 1.7 speed for melee calcs thats why they hit weaker for combat.

Yea but SS calculates based on the MH weapon. I don't think the offhand does anything but swing and miss lol If it hits it procs poison but that damage is calculated based on attack power. Fast stat stick OH is the way to go. But a rogue should check my stuff, cause I haven't rogued seriously since like WoTLK lol

Yea but SS calculates based on the MH weapon. I don't think the offhand does anything but swing and miss lol If it hits it procs poison but that damage is calculated based on attack power. Fast stat stick OH is the way to go. But a rogue should check my stuff, cause I haven't rogued seriously since like WoTLK lol
I'm talking about having that 1.6 mace main hand then like heartseaker offhand . Normal setup is heirloom sword mh dagger oh

I'm talking about having that 1.6 mace main hand then like heartseaker offhand . Normal setup is heirloom sword mh dagger oh

Ah my bad. But doesn't an ability take the place of your MH swing? I guess there would be some downtime there were you wouldn't have to wait for that long swing.

Ah my bad. But doesn't an ability take the place of your MH swing? I guess there would be some downtime there were you wouldn't have to wait for that long swing.
Auto attack functions seperatly of specials I believe .

Users who are viewing this thread