This week I won, which was nice.

I came across an interesting find though. It was all thanks to my indecisiveness.

Basically, I had gathered 40 speckled fish, and I hearthed to booty bay, I was heading towards the quest giver to receive my reward.

I talk to the quest giver, I have to now choose a prize, I initially thought I wanted to choose my 2nd angler trinket for max item level, but then I realized it would be useless in the next expansion. And since I already have one it doesn't matter.

I couldn't make up my mind, well as I was trying to pick a prize, suddenly, the STV tournament ended.

I was in shock, I thought I had lost due to my indecisiveness, but the quest giver stayed on the quest dialogue that I was in, and I basically got to choose a prize and hand the quest in (I chose dread pirate ring btw), even though the tournament had ended.

When I had handed the quest in, the '40/40 speckled tastyfish' quest dialogue on the upper right hand side was GONE, and also the dialogue for the STV tourney ending was there aswell. and I could still hand the quest in and get my reward.

This is very odd I know. In future tournaments, I'm going to keep doing this, and wait for the tournament to finish before I choose my prize and finish the quest, to sneak another winner on board each week, its a small difference but it helps someone, out there, I think?

This week, I missed out on my prize, not because I didn't fish up the 40 speckled fish in time, which I did.

It was because my http://www.wowhead.com/item=50287/boots-of-the-bay DID NOT work, which is weird, because they have always worked, the only difference, is that now I tried it during the new pre patch mechanics, and it didn't work, so I lost.

I was wearing the boots, I kept trying to use the teleport ability, and it kept saying 'wrong faction' which doesn't make sense.

I haven't changed factions on this character for a long time, and the item itself isn't faction specific at all, something fishy is up.

This week, I missed out on my prize, not because I didn't fish up the 40 speckled fish in time, which I did.

It was because my http://www.wowhead.com/item=50287/boots-of-the-bay DID NOT work, which is weird, because they have always worked, the only difference, is that now I tried it during the new pre patch mechanics, and it didn't work, so I lost.

I was wearing the boots, I kept trying to use the teleport ability, and it kept saying 'wrong faction' which doesn't make sense.

I haven't changed factions on this character for a long time, and the item itself isn't faction specific at all, something fishy is up.

Make a bug report. Bugs aren't really a rare encounter during this patch. xd

The red circle (north west corner) indicates the location of Yojamba Isle. This island is renowned amongst twinks for being the only safe spot to fish on as a twink prior to the Shattering. If you are a casual twink that does not have access to high level friends, or you just want to be semi-afk while fishing, this spot is for you! Easiest way to access this island is to swim down from Westfall

Hard alliance bias on that route description

Bump.
Prepare yourself U.S.; Today we get crowned.

Thank you for the guide, really appreciate it. I got the Lucky Fishing Hat today thanks to your information!

unknown.png

Well it isn't Funday----- oh it is.

Explore the Zone first. Get a 120 with you and have them literally kill Bloodsail as you run along the coastline next toward the Booty Bay. Shame they removed the pools from a island..

5 weeks and no keefer's. Ragequit 20 min early.

I hate this.

5 weeks and no keefer's. Ragequit 20 min early.

I hate this.

Sorry I spent half of WOTLK farming my hat on iDodge.

Though tha' doesn't matter....

and ring but no one cares about that.

This guide is awesome, can't thank you enough for it! Actually managed to get the boots on my first Tourny!

Iso

Attachments

• Fishing Tourny Boots.png
    Fishing Tourny Boots.png
    431 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread