THE Definitive Guide on Shadowlands 19's!

thats the same thing but w/e it doesn't matter they wont do anything , looking forward to my $20
I guess what I was getting at was that it doesnt erase apprentice riding. You still *know* it (hence chopper working at 60% speed) its just that when you learn journeyman, the game hides apprentice. It doesnt erase it. So if they slap a level requirement on the skill instead of learning the skill, it greys out and you still have apprentice. Thats what I assume they'll do?

(hence chopper working at 60% speed)
i mean the chopper doesn't have a riding skill component to it at all, its just a 60% mount that can be used regardless of lvl/riding skill. still like i said it doesn't really matter seeing as blizz will do nothing about it. if it is as easy as just putting a level req on it don't you think blizz would have done that with northrend

I dont know if its a matter of easy so much as important. but youre being awfully combative over what amounts to speculation.

lol combative??? No im just making a point. Combative is just saying flat out you sound retarded when you say things like "blizz will fix it".

People be overreacting about 100% its only an issue in ab/eots which 90% of twinks hate (i love ab) they only want to play wsg. lets pretend for 1 second that blizz did care, wtf are they gonna even do? I've thought about possible fixes for it and honestly I think they have put them self in a weird spot with no real way of fixing it without reworking the mount system all together which they aren't gonna do because a few 17-19s have 100%

Brackets have died over less, and Blizzard instituted fixes with smaller impact. When Cata suddenly grandfathered first aid and players in the 39 and 49 brackets (we're talking cata, so less than 200 active players at most) could suddenly get the equivalent of a lay-on-hands from a Wrath bandage, Blizzard had that fixed in a month by putting level requirements on bandages. They could have just let twinks rot, because Blizzard had already placed level requirements on First Aid levels. But nope, Blizz threw the XP-off midbrackets a bone.

just out of curiosity does anyone have the recipe for https://www.wowhead.com/item=71077/extreme-impact-hole-puncher on one of their toons on BH?

I have a feeling artifact relics will get nerfed at some point in the future so i want a safety net

I agree with you about artifact weapons. I honestly can't see them staying in for 19/20s. But that weapon you have linked requires 85 so it wouldn't be usable for 19/20s in SL afaik.

I agree with you about artifact weapons. I honestly can't see them staying in for 19/20s. But that weapon you have linked requires 85 so it wouldn't be usable for 19/20s in SL afaik.

That and many other weapons will be craftable due to the new relics of the past system.

Eta on lvl 20 gearing guide?
Currently?

Legion dungeons + Artifact Weapon. Maybe some of those WoD pieces that are 44 too. Whatever stat distribution you prefer.

Prepare for that to be nerfed by picking up Shatt gear from G'eras and having 16-18 gems from the marks of honor vendor (for glass cannon) or some mix of those and stam gems as you prefer. Steady talasite for 6 stam/armor, gems from Hellfire peninsula vendors for 4stam/3crit

I would fully expect artifact weapons to stick around, what may get nerfed is the relics. So this makes weapons with gem slots from TBC dungeons likely BiS if that happens, but it would depend on how crafted gear looks.

Should they (hopefully) nerf gems, I think you're back to looking at Legion gear, even with a reduced ilvl, given the availability of secondaries but that would depend on how much they nerf gems and how much they nerf legion gear.

At some point, some specs and classes may want to look to crafted sets or TBC dungeon sets for good set bonuses. I know the TBC 2 piece bonus is a gang of crit, and can be acquired with a couple pieces that have 3 gem slots.

A lot more work to be done but I thought I would start collecting some information regarding green drops in case of patched vendors/gear in the future. It appears that BoE drops follow this rule:-

Armor: Level requirement is always 6 levels below character level.
Weapon: Level requirement is always 3 levels below character level.

Level 22 farming on PTR:

upload_2020-10-10_19-3-27.png
upload_2020-10-10_19-3-49.png

Level 25 farming on PTR:

upload_2020-10-10_19-5-7.png
upload_2020-10-10_19-5-19.png

While farming on both characters I tested different expansion zones and the rules always followed. Things to note that require further testing:-

* Farmed Tiragarde for 1 hour and ONLY received weapon drops (They CAN still socket). Interestingly my Horde level 22 farmed Zuldazar and did receive weapons and armor.

upload_2020-10-10_19-6-42.png

* Bonus to having a level 25 farm is they can enter Isle of Quel'Danas and farm you signets/marks for Shattrath Rep :D
* Lockboxes and SFK chests to be tested.
[doublepost=1602356070,1602353321][/doublepost]Lockboxes Information: If you pick a lockbox open on a high level you are able to open them, check the item AND then send them to the char you want it to scale to!

Opened on a 45 Rogue:

upload_2020-10-10_19-47-42.png

Sent Lockbox to 22 Mage:

upload_2020-10-10_19-54-28.png

[doublepost=1602358603][/doublepost]
upload_2020-10-10_20-35-43.png

Looks like the "unique loot table" items are still scaling to the level of the character that kills them. I guess this will open up a lot more world rares to 19s - STV has a lot of unique loot mobs: First Mate's Hat, Engineer's Staff etc.

Is there a way to not use it if you have it? Like a mount that *only* works at 60% speed? That was my concern, that you'd level a twink to 42ish, learn epic riding and then... not be able to play that toon in competitive games because of agree'd upon mount speed rules.

Imo its dumb to have to limit your mount speed just because many people didnt get epic mount riding when they had to.... Real twinks do research.. if u didnt do it.. u deserve to be slow af forever.

Imo its dumb to have to limit your mount speed just because many people didnt get epic mount riding when they had to.... Real twinks do research.. if u didnt do it.. u deserve to be slow af forever.
Do you want twinking to grow or do you want it to continue to die off as potential new twinks are routinely at a disadvantage because they decided to get into twinking after something as significant as a 40% increase in mount speed got GF'd?

Even if 19s see a resurgence (and I hope they do!) people will eventually drift away and your hope for keeping the bracket alive is constantly recruiting new people to play it. If rolling a new twink means being at the disadvantage of being down 40% mount speed, how many people do you think will stick around to play your bracket? Especially if other brackets have 100% mount speed without worry.

I'm just trying to help yall think ahead and keep the bracket healthy. But if youd prefer a dead bracket of 9 "real" twinks all sitting around goldshire twiddling your thumbs and blaming vets for your brackets demise again, fine. At least youll have your 100% mount speed to get to and from DMF quicker.

as someone who plans on only twinking 19s ya get the most op shit you can and have fun for the few weeks there are actually games then watch as the bracket dies and move on

Currently?

Legion dungeons + Artifact Weapon. Maybe some of those WoD pieces that are 44 too. Whatever stat distribution you prefer.

Prepare for that to be nerfed by picking up Shatt gear from G'eras and having 16-18 gems from the marks of honor vendor (for glass cannon) or some mix of those and stam gems as you prefer. Steady talasite for 6 stam/armor, gems from Hellfire peninsula vendors for 4stam/3crit

I would fully expect artifact weapons to stick around, what may get nerfed is the relics. So this makes weapons with gem slots from TBC dungeons likely BiS if that happens, but it would depend on how crafted gear looks.

Should they (hopefully) nerf gems, I think you're back to looking at Legion gear, even with a reduced ilvl, given the availability of secondaries but that would depend on how much they nerf gems and how much they nerf legion gear.

At some point, some specs and classes may want to look to crafted sets or TBC dungeon sets for good set bonuses. I know the TBC 2 piece bonus is a gang of crit, and can be acquired with a couple pieces that have 3 gem slots.

Interesting point of view.
With scaling i don't see, but please correct me if i am wrong, twink brackets being much different between each other in terms of itemization. If i understood correctly all item drops scale to your level, so the most important issue is to find out wich items drop with the highest difference *itemlevel minus characterlevel*. Once this is find out all brackets will proceed with the same items. Thus the only difference will be about item enchantments, which i am reading in the forums here will have also a minimum itemlevel to be used and thus will not be available to all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread