THE Definitive Guide on Shadowlands 19's!

If i understood correctly all item drops scale to your level, so the most important issue is to find out wich items drop with the highest difference *itemlevel minus characterlevel*. Once this is find out all brackets will proceed with the same items.
The gear mentioned, for the most part, doesnt scale though. Legion dungeon drops are ilvl 44 for everyone. The vendor gear from shatt is ilvl 27 for everyone. Artifact weapons are ilvl 20/34/48 for everyone.

Dungeon drops will be like... ilvl 24 for 20s. which, depending on sockets, item slot, secondaries, potential set pieces, etc, could mean that they're bis over shatt/legion gear. It all really depends on how you want to build.

I would *assume* that they'll eventually nerf the Legion gear by having it scale to ilvl 24 just like all the other drops. I also assume theyll eventually nerf honor gems to an appropriate allocation (1/2 maybe?) and probably relics too, which means artifact weapons might end up in the ilvl 22-24 range (maybe). They slap a level req on class hall vendor gear and all that completely changes what is BiS from whats currently BiS.

But all we can go on is whats current. And right now that means Legion. Almost entirely. At least for 20s and probably up into 29s.

For 39s and 49s... raid gear starts opening up as an option, so youll see some difference between twink brackets for sure.

(fwiw, im batting below .500 on SL predictions, so takes these assumptions with a grain of salt)

The gear mentioned, for the most part, doesnt scale though. Legion dungeon drops are ilvl 44 for everyone. The vendor gear from shatt is ilvl 27 for everyone. Artifact weapons are ilvl 20/34/48 for everyone.

Dungeon drops will be like... ilvl 24 for 20s. which, depending on sockets, item slot, secondaries, potential set pieces, etc, could mean that they're bis over shatt/legion gear. It all really depends on how you want to build.

I would *assume* that they'll eventually nerf the Legion gear by having it scale to ilvl 24 just like all the other drops. I also assume theyll eventually nerf honor gems to an appropriate allocation (1/2 maybe?) and probably relics too, which means artifact weapons might end up in the ilvl 22-24 range (maybe). They slap a level req on class hall vendor gear and all that completely changes what is BiS from whats currently BiS.

But all we can go on is whats current. And right now that means Legion. Almost entirely. At least for 20s and probably up into 29s.

For 39s and 49s... raid gear starts opening up as an option, so youll see some difference between twink brackets for sure.

(fwiw, im batting below .500 on SL predictions, so takes these assumptions with a grain of salt)

Do you mean that raids do not scale in Chromie time? (only dungeons and quests then)
If non-legion dungeon drops are +4, do you mean blue ones? Purples are higher?
Would be interesting to create an excel table with all +3,+4,... definitions (divided per expansions and instance).. maybe i'll do when it gets live.

Do you mean that raids do not scale in Chromie time? (only dungeons and quests then)
I dont know anything about raid scaling or if it scales in chromie time. I dont particularly care, its not really my bracket. But it should be obvious that if dungeon drops are +4, that ilvl 27 gear from shatt stops being attractive after like... lvl 23. ilvl 44 legion gear stop being attractive after lvl 40. So *obviously* level 29s, 39s, 49s and 59s are going to be looking to other sources of gear. Raid gear often has very neat procs or item abilities that might be attractive to people in those brackets.

thats all i was saying.

Do you want twinking to grow or do you want it to continue to die off as potential new twinks are routinely at a disadvantage because they decided to get into twinking after something as significant as a 40% increase in mount speed got GF'd?

Even if 19s see a resurgence (and I hope they do!) people will eventually drift away and your hope for keeping the bracket alive is constantly recruiting new people to play it. If rolling a new twink means being at the disadvantage of being down 40% mount speed, how many people do you think will stick around to play your bracket? Especially if other brackets have 100% mount speed without worry.

I'm just trying to help yall think ahead and keep the bracket healthy. But if youd prefer a dead bracket of 9 "real" twinks all sitting around goldshire twiddling your thumbs and blaming vets for your brackets demise again, fine. At least youll have your 100% mount speed to get to and from DMF quicker.

I understand you.. and you are 100% right.... i hope more people will join the twinking community anyways.. and everybody with 100% mounts will just be a bit extra special... ^_^
I dont know dude... it makes good sense what you are saying and i hope with the changes to lvling and gearing people will be interested again to play 19 twinks.

Interesting point of view.
With scaling i don't see, but please correct me if i am wrong, twink brackets being much different between each other in terms of itemization. If i understood correctly all item drops scale to your level, so the most important issue is to find out wich items drop with the highest difference *itemlevel minus characterlevel*. Once this is find out all brackets will proceed with the same items. Thus the only difference will be about item enchantments, which i am reading in the forums here will have also a minimum itemlevel to be used and thus will not be available to all of them.

While the current BiS items for brackets showing greater interest at the time have a bunch of non-scaled (or badly scaled) gear that is currently BiS, if Blizzard *does* fix that, then yes, brackets will start to look a lot like each other in terms of gear. This trend started in BfA, and will likely continue even more strongly in SL (again, assuming Blizzard fixes the disproportionately busted stuff).

upload_2020-10-12_18-5-28.png
Just dropped on PTR for me (level 19 char). Notably it is ilevel 25. Will other epic drops for 19s be only ilvl 25? Does this add weight to the issue that current ilvl 56 items (ilevel 28 in PTR) might be GF'd?

View attachment 17004 Just dropped on PTR for me (level 19 char). Notably it is ilevel 25. Will other epic drops for 19s be only ilvl 25? Does this add weight to the issue that current ilvl 56 items (ilevel 28 in PTR) might be GF'd?

I was just going to say, I believe you are correct about that. The level 37(17) eye of flame scales to 28 ilvlon ptr. Same with freezing band. I got the eye of flame few years ago from farming on my 39. And the ogre boots you linked are 44(19) and have lower stats.

The eye of flame seems to scale similarly to old +5 ilvl greens that are now stronger than +6 ilvl blues on ptr. (Very confusing I know). Green gear that was added to scaling until recent is garbage on the ptr, even though they scale higher than some pieces on retail currently.

Basically what I’ve been doing is buying up all the +5 ilvl pieces blue and green on retail, and the purple gear as well just in case

The easiest fix for the mount speed discrepancy would be to make BGs mount speed 100% regardless of riding skill.

Why not the other way around? Since 60% seems to be the level intended riding skill for SL.

A very ugly fix until they find a more permanent solution would be to simply slap on a debuff that throttles your base mount speed to 60%. Base mount speed is an important keyword, because it still allows for potencial increase in mount speed through various mechanics. But in all honesty, I wouldn't mind if they slapped on a max percentage instead.

I have now levelled my 19 with GF gear to 43 and have just done some tests with the Void Storage on the PTR. If you put your Timewarped gear in the Void Storage you cannot use it as requirement becomes level 30.

* All PvP and Dungeon bag rewards should be put into Void Storage as the ilevel scales up. Left in bags stay at level 9.

* Some BoEs scale up and some do not: Mindthrust Bracers scale up to ilvl 24. Magefist Gloves stay at ilevel 14.
[doublepost=1602611162,1602607641][/doublepost]
upload_2020-10-13_18-44-26.png
upload_2020-10-13_18-44-42.png
upload_2020-10-13_18-45-49.png

Get this gear in the Void Storage so it scales up!!!
[doublepost=1602611262][/doublepost]
upload_2020-10-13_18-47-39.png

I think there is, I think rare is 5 int, 8 stam, 6 crit, but dont quote me on that

Was able to solo first boss of Darkest Thicket as 19 guardian druid ilvl 29 with half assed GEMS/ENCHANTS. Didn't get any loot.

So with no pvp scaling now, we are back to old school. Wondering if 10's might be a thing again depending of course on whether they can scale stats higher

So with no pvp scaling now, we are back to old school. Wondering if 10's might be a thing again depending of course on whether they can scale stats higher

I posted in another thread, but basically yes. You will trade better damage for no talents and less abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread