Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

I could have sworn it is unusable on yourself? let me log onto my lvl 50 priest and look its been a while since I last used it.
Noo. You even have the twins talent further down to force you to not cast it on yourself, since every sp is gonna cast it on themselves cause screw everyone else.

Noo. You even have the twins talent further down to force you to not cast it on yourself, since every sp is gonna cast it on themselves cause screw everyone else.

ah ok idk why I thought that lol did it use to be like that in the past? and I am mixing it up? if that's the case then that changes my plans a bit.

ah ok idk why I thought that lol did it use to be like that in the past? and I am mixing it up? if that's the case then that changes my plans a bit.
Idk.
Maybe you have a deceitful warlock friend, who taught you about the spell?

My only real complaint is that I cant get misery and
But ofc you can, you will miss on mind blast resets tho
Also in terms of the whole spriest kit, in MoP on lvl 74 twinks you would have almost identical kit to the current alpha lvl 20, with the exception of having mind spike that you would only use when instant proc (so count it as having mind blast resets) and the beloved talent that they removed for some reason that made you leave clone behind and granted you stealth for like 3s (pls give it back). And let me tell you MoP lvl74 spriest was big deal with that utility

But ofc you can, you will miss on mind blast resets tho
Also in terms of the whole spriest kit, in MoP on lvl 74 twinks you would have almost identical kit to the current alpha lvl 20, with the exception of having mind spike that you would only use when instant proc (so count it as having mind blast resets) and the beloved talent that they removed for some reason that made you leave clone behind and granted you stealth for like 3s (pls give it back). And let me tell you MoP lvl74 spriest was big deal with that utility

WoD had that fun spriest playstyle too. The stealth talent (spectral guise), and being able to play the classic dot and rot spec, or use mind spike as a filler for more of a raw damage spec.

Is misery even worth spending a point on? Would rather have mind blast resets vs saving 1 gcd.

WoD had that fun spriest playstyle too. The stealth talent (spectral guise), and being able to play the classic dot and rot spec, or use mind spike as a filler for more of a raw damage spec.

Is misery even worth spending a point on? Would rather have mind blast resets vs saving 1 gcd.
I guess it depends if you want to go for pressure on enemy or just some oneshots to secure kills. Would love to see spriest rot playstyle in team with aff lock, good combo vers healer stacked team

just a note whirlwind for fury cost 0 rage so defently gonna be fun for dungs
[doublepost=1659883397,1659883001][/doublepost]also resto shaman feels utterly broken atm with stormkeeper just with some looms and the pandaria 28 gear the lightning bolts were doing 550-1,1k per hit

enhance heals are god tier and so is the earthen shield same case really bad gear 126agi and with 5 maelstrom stacks it does 2.2-2,5k on healing surges
So i can imagine with proper gear we will be hiting up in the 3.5k to 4k range

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_080722_163618.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_080722_163618.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 76
also resto shaman feels utterly broken atm with stormkeeper just with some looms and the pandaria 28 gear the lightning bolts were doing 550-1,1k per hit
yea, we're gonna have BFA levels of Rshams just suddenly coming out of the woodwork if this scaling/talent selection is even kinda like what goes live.

the beloved talent that they removed for some reason that made you leave clone behind and granted you stealth for like 3s

Spectral guising hunter frost traps was pretty fun tbh. I am not shit talking priest I think shadow will be good.

Cascade was the bees knees.

Though if were talking about 20 wod sp, your only buttons were swp, pws, mind flay, guise and flash heal. It wasnt great.

imo deathknights have the worse talent trees.

at least they have talent trees...

i have been refreshing the calculator daily for hpal trees.

im hyped for monks. tbf if we get the slow and flying tiger kick without losing current stuff, im already happy. (ok, maybe keg smash and the fire breathing spell for bm)

Worst trees so far. I can't wait to see what they do to demon hunter
I guess dh can have some neat tree since there are some skills that they have to get as baseline because of the way their starting quests work. But most likely you hit lvl 11 on the quest that lets you chose spec and the first talent is gonna be metamorphosis

DH has so few spells anyway that I'm pretty sure they will be evenly spread like they are now. So still half a class. DK is bad because it has different dmg spells for each spec so you basically repick what you have now. I think monk will be good as most of their spells are shared between specs anyway so more room for ww spells in the spec tree.

Wowhead just dropped the next alpha patch notes. I noticed a lot of changes that apply to us but my head hurts too much to write them all down (the patch notes are HUGE). The main things I noticed were:
  • Holy Paladin and Warlock trees are here!
  • Warriors have a TON of talent position changes (including the stances) AND GOT TITAN'S GRIP BACK!
  • Hunters have some talent position changes (notably Tar Trap and Tranquilizing Shot)
  • Nothing notable for Demon Hunters, Monks, Shamans, Death Knights, or Druid
EDIT: Wow, all the changes have already been added to the calc. Check them out!

Last edited:
Waiting for tence to explain the resto shaman talents to me.
Destro looks good idk about afflic or demo though, does demonbolt give demoncore? or is born of blood the only way we can get it at 20?

Users who are viewing this thread