Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

damn, infusion of light makes crit a really good stat for hpals! might just start using 2-piece TBC set for the +crit set bonus

Hunters losing access to (well, not being able to gain in) Tranq Shot in DF is huge in PVP :(

I think tar trap is in the same spot. PVE will be easier by far, though

What is PvP? :^)

I'm still up in the air about PvE as a MM Hunter. I'm going to miss Serpent Sting :(

PS: I HATE what they did to the warrior class tree and fury tree (outside of Titan's Grip/SMF returning)

Reactions: Sil
Eq2EhGK.jpg

looks like this is literally the ONLY viable way to spec as a hpal in DF. my wrist piece just went from meh to BiS, nice!

Last edited:
WARLOCK GETS BASELINE INTERRUPT HOLY SIHITTEHAsnoaejsdfn xdkp.['bphkmnkopawgetgndgvaef YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I will probably take beacon shield 1 point over wall but yeah pretty sure I will be taking HL off the bars.

this is the way imo. The fact the 1 min CD is only per player will mean a lot of absorb healing with frequent beacon swapping and act as a kind of burst buffer.

Having HL as a hpower generator though.

problem is, would you rather that infused light proc be a faster FOL or a 1 holy charge HL the majority of the time?

actually good points C and T, saved by the light over divine protection is the way to go for hpal.

i already swap beacon targets very frequently so this is nice. crit is now better than haste however, that means a lot of re-gearing, grrr

edit: wait, infusion of light says reduce the cost of FoL, i thought it said reduce the cast time...so crit won't be as good as i initially thought, even this talent won't be as good as i initially thought if mana isn't an issue in DF

if (big if) mana isn't an issue in DF then this is gonna be my set-up

MoSUlfi.jpg

Last edited:
actually good points C and T, saved by the light over divine protection is the way to go for hpal.

i already swap beacon targets very frequently so this is nice. crit is now better than haste however, that means a lot of re-gearing, grrr

edit: wait, infusion of light says reduce the cost of FoL, i thought it said reduce the cast time...so crit won't be as good as i initially thought, even this talent won't be as good as i initially thought if mana isn't an issue in DF

if (big if) mana isn't an issue in DF then this is gonna be my set-up

xmz6rXa.jpg

Reducing the mana cost would be weird historically. It's likely it's a spelling mistake, but if not it got even better as mana is ALWAYS a paladin issue.

Mana will always be an issue when your main healing ability is flash of light or a flash of light type ability.

Unending light seems garbage to me. Light of dawn wont heal enough to be effective and all the wasted holy charges spent on light of dawn could have just been used on multiple wog's anyway. I can't think of a scenario where you'd take it over bestow faith. Bestow faith is just insanely good.

Last edited:
Bestow faith is just insanely good.

yes, it was a "typo", you actually caught it before i was able to swap the pic, eagle eye tence

Having HL as a hpower generator though.

if only one could somehow make HL work in PuGs. maybe a super high haste build (you need to push 40~50% haste imo to cast a 2.5 sec spell in pvp) and pick https://www.wowhead.com/spell=216327/lights-grace somehow (if it is still available in DF). i mean, if pvp isn't too bursty in DF, maybe you can get away with 30%+ haste. too early to tell.

Last edited:
I will probably take beacon shield 1 point over wall but yeah pretty sure I will be taking HL off the bars.
Kinda sucks to *be forced to pick* Light of Dawn (which will be better to not even place on the bars) to get to Bestow, while loosing HL..
Also, holy options suck if compared to, for example, destro lock options at same level :D

So... Fury just got fire mage treatment. You have to spend talents for the spec to work as it does right now. Obviously there are some other choices at least, unlike fire mage

Arms lost sudden death :LUL:
DK got some changes to the class tree. Quite a few defensives with shield, ams, ibf and even movement speed passive.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/67427-change-talents-anywhere-in-dragonflight/
[doublepost=1660113077,1660112868][/doublepost]As the mage with the best name and mog and best overall looks(the most important characteristics), in other words the best mage of the bracket this is what my brain gave birth to.
View attachment 21468

With how potent buffs and curses are going to be I would go with something like-

JTelbNS.png

Depends on frost has the cone of cold reset honor talent. If not will put 1 more into frost nova talent.

Last edited:
That's kind of messed up ngl. Why fingers of frost over brain freeze? And spellsteal is nothing compared to alter time just saying

Users who are viewing this thread