PTR Shadowland and FTP/Veterans

Discussion in 'Level 20-29' started by Margooya, Jun 17, 2020.

Share This Page

1. justglano

justglano New Member

2. OP
    Margooya

Margooya Veteran

I updated the Death Knight entry.

I made the list just creating toons in the alpha, and looking at which ability would be available at 10. For some it's very easy, the allied races start at 10.

Now, I actually got a DarkIron DK to 10 ( Death Knights allied races start at 8, dunno why), and looked at what I actually have. No Rune Strike, it's a temp ability you get before you are able to specialize frost/blood/unholy. But, it doesnt seem like you get a builder at THAT point. Most likely because things are not finished.

I'll do a round of classes to check what it still holding up, when I have some more time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rhaellia

Rhaellia classy af

@Reidor Hey, thanks for the all the posts about the beta.

Any chance you can confirm the range of mobs we're able to loot? For instance, can you loot mobs on Timeless Isle? Not being able to loot the nests is a real downer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Progamerr

Progamerr Member

I cheked on wow head items that require lvl 20 will require in shadowlands lvl 10. Imagend of all lvl 20 twink gear scale down and the new f2p will be 20 again and the gear will be worthless...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2020 ---
    Imagend you cant leave the starting island as f2p xd

• Like Like x 1
  5. toskosa

toskosa Member

most gear will prob be worthless regardless of level considering the new options we might have.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kirise

Kirise Member

If F2Ps go to level 10, I bet we'll keep our mainhand/offhand gear, wrist gear, and at least one ring, and possibly a trinket.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ohti

ohti Member Moderator 20s Coordinator <TF>

Trinkets will be insignia of the alliance and some Legion dungeon piece most likely. I'd be surprised if we held onto our mh/oh too, even if we don't get socket weps there's BFA proc mh/ohs.

Only pieces I think might stay are ring and bracers. Foamspittle might still be good for rdruids, we'll see.

8. Kirise

Kirise Member

I only see a couple of proc weapons, but even just a couple are enough. Usually BG gear outscales dungeon gear, but if BG gear doesn't get mastery and dungeon gear does, that could tip the balance. So, point taken.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Henry

Henry Member <TF>

Can someone explain why Mastery is so good in SL?

• Like Like x 1
  10. tence

tence Grandfathered

Because we have access to it

• Like Like x 3
  11. zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

It’s a spec-unique damage/heal/ability increasing stat that scales harder than the other 3 stats, by %per point in almost every spec. The majority of specs have a good mastery bonus. Check out what mastery does for your spec in your spell book. For example. mastery increases the damage and range of your attacks as a MM hunter in bfa

Getting Harmonious gear (mastery/vers) will be big dmg increase compared to a fireflash item

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

My fear is that since theyre removing the titanforging system, that BG crate gear (if it still exists) will no longer upgrade.

13. Kirise

Kirise Member

I thought the titanforging system was separate from BG drops and quest items could proc rare and epic? Or is that the question at hand?

14. Henry

Henry Member <TF>

Thanks.

What about healers? I’ve learned to really value Haste over Vers at a certain point because I find that when my teammates die, it’s not because I didn’t heal FOR enough it’s because I didn’t finish the heal FAST enough, and Haste really helps with that. I think @Chops told me this once and it really helped.

Is Mastery/Haste going to be the new best for healer specs?

15. ohti

ohti Member Moderator 20s Coordinator <TF>

In the same way we consider certain fel forged items "warforged" and "titanforged" depending on ilvl, we could assume that a blue proc is "warforged" and a purple proc is "titanforged."

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chops

I just ripped off Tence.

Im not sure of how they code things but I was under the impression that while it wasnt *called* titanforging, it was the same system. But again, this is blizzard who I'm still mad at about telling us Party Sync would only work in open world and not instanced pvp, so...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kirise

Kirise Member

Depends on the healer. Rshams have one of the best mastery benefits in the game -- it is borderline obscene how much healing we get from mastery, so that stat will take precedence. I always prefer vers over haste as an rsham, given how many instant-cast spells we use, but that priority could change in SL.

• Like Like x 2
  18. zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

For pure heals very likely. Haste does increase HoTs in a similar amount (though it IS less) per point compared to Vers at 20. I agree with the “didn’t heal in time” over “not enough per spell” when deciding why that one guy died

versa set still great against MM hunters though! Counterplay and durability will be better to focus on against something broken and 1 shot capable like MM

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chops

Pretty sure this sentence right here is gonna dictate all gearing and play concerns in SL for vets/f2p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kirise

Kirise Member

Back on topic, any news from the beta yet as to which dungeons that level 10s can walk into?