RIP Aerie Peak Horde

Bwl . We have cookies . Just sayin .

Bwl . We have cookies . Just sayin .
oooo totalyl forgot about bwl, and i do want a horde FC, gonna do it right this time as female tauren :D sucks leaving behind a full BoA druid on AP ally and a dual AGM preBoA tauren on undermine :/
i will def be making a char on bwl, would a druid FC be offensive as far as the whole "hipster server" thing goes?

also, shoutout bendandcough, always /salute you in BGs

Last edited by a moderator:
AP Horde is still an amazing place, no matter where you go in WoW, or the world, you are going to find people who make it less appealing. There is no reason to relocate, I DO however believe that concerning the f2p add-on, strict guidelines being implemented by responsible mods would be beneficial, AP has high standards for players ethics, and even though its nobodies place to tell another player how to play, you could shun them from the community by taking away their f2p addon/chat privs if they decide to GY farm consistantly, gem, or are 24s etc. Just an idea.

oooo totalyl forgot about bwl, and i do want a horde FC, gonna do it right this time as female tauren :D sucks leaving behind a full BoA druid on AP ally and a dual AGM preBoA tauren on undermine :/ i will def be making a char on bwl, would a druid FC be offensive as far as the whole "hipster server" thing goes?also, shoutout bendandcough, always /salute you in BGs
Nobody ever said you have to fully abandon your old characters when you jump servers -- that is , unless you have a nasty issue like ragedrunkendeleting all your well-geared, old characters. *cough*

Most of the core folks on BWL have old characters on other servers, and still play them from time to time, I'm sure. The only difference is that other servers don't have delicious cookies*.

*Upon joining BWL, I was to understand that there was to be punch and pie, which has sadly never materialized. :( Nevertheless, that fact has not deterred me from enjoying my time spent there.

if your looking for a fresh sever try my home Wissperwind, the only f2p's on it are me and my friend, and we arent on that often anymore, all the chests are up all the time for farming, agm was possible last time i checked, no chance of winning the fishing contest, but you could get a lfh, there is 0 p2p support though, they dont even know f2p exists on my server so dont bother asking for help they all just tell you to get on your 90 and do it yourself, and then dont listen when you say you only have 20's so if you come here bring your own p2p's for help. But its otherwise the quietest server ever, the quest zones are dead most of the time, and all in all its just a mellow place i would love to have people come join me at my home, but if you do come there are rules such as no gy camping, no mid farming, and you must kill all 24's you see.( or at least try ( unless other objectives such as help fc or getting efc get in your way)).

If you are really into looking for a new home server, I think the main considerations would be choosing a datacenter (east coast, west coast, or central), and server type (PvE, RP, PvP, or RPPvP). The realms are put into CRZ groupings based on these factors (also language), so you can contol which realms you will be cross-realmed with, to a degree. It would be no good to pick a new server, and find out you are crz'ed with Tich in important zones.

what about a new server... ik these sorts of things have failed before but what about a new server, exclusive and with a ZERO tolerance policy. a new place for such twinkers as aspire to build a reputation for honorable and competitive play can build a home.

Excellent post. The difference with this idea and AP H (the way it used to be) is the word exclusive. AP H has always been a come-one-and-all server. I suspect that this aspect has directly led to the way things are now. If we were to choose a new server where these rules were set in stone and the price of admission, I can only imagine it would flourish. What do all the server hubs out there advertise? Numbers, friendly people, helpful people, premades, a few (let's be honest) arenas. I would take it a step further. The way the server I am imagining differs from them all is we would build strong players. Not just teaching about gear, but teaching them how to reach their full potential. A server where twinks are expected to actively and consistently apply themselves towards improving and assisting them in that endeavor. A server to learn and grow. A server where arenas occur as much as premades. Perhaps are even more prominent. A server to set an example in behavior and skill. Also, Skype required. How strictly rules are enforced and what the consequences would be for breaking them can be worked out at a later date. For now it only makes sense to gauge interest in my opinion.

I would prefer to 'take back' AP H and make it better than ever. As I imagine most of use would, afterall, our twinks are there! Our friends are there. However, as I previously stated, that might not be possible. It would certainly be difficult to leave our twinks behind, but honestly, a fresh start might just be the best choice. These policies we followed for so long have not been strictly implemented in recent times and it's probably too late to ethically enforce them again. I could be wrong.

We all know how much effort it takes to get basic gear and professions completed for a reasonably BiS pre-boa twink. Do we really need LFH, AGM, DPR and rares to get what we want from this bracket? With the implementation of level scaling it is now more than ever possible to overcome the 24s through skill alone. Hit bug aside.

What say you oldies? Do we show these people the error of their ways? Or do we strike out on our own for a fresh start and do it the way it was meant to be done? Or, do we sit idly and let things play out the way they have been and lose more of the members we are so fond of? If things continue in this fashion I will be one of them. I will either quit entirely or reroll and log on AP strictly for arenas I schedule ahead of time.

We could always implement these ideas on an exclusive channel on AP, but I haven't given that idea a whole lot of thought since Cata. Perhaps this would enable us to retake the server 'diplomatically' once the newer players see what they've lost. As always I am eager to hear feedback from those of you on AP H. I'm just tossing out ideas here, its getting late and I'm a bit fried. I hadn't meant to go into this yet but Frostymax kinda forced my hand. :p

(To those of you who do arena and are thinking, 'Wtf Activate doesn't even arena.' :p This is true but only because of my situation irl. Lack of time to really apply myself and the inability to Skype. I had always intended to. Every time I saw people begging for arenas I felt bad for not participating.)

i would give full support to new server idea including placing a DK on the realm once my account is back up. i have been wanting a skype required community for SO LONG, its just better ok? dont give me this "skilled players dont need skype" crap, it drastically improves coordination, awareness, and general convenience with passing of information.
i for one openly admit i suck at arenas, ive never had a chance to break into them with other people who are new to them and getting rofled stomped repeatedly is frustrating. a building community would be terrific with many ways of teaching skills including basic and advanced arena gameplay, effective ways of managing focus macros etc.
also, UM is a good server, dead f2pwise except for me. and i have a druid there with dual agm soo... ya know id like to be able to premade FC with him. unless you have your heart set on a special server activate?

also, having missed out on founding AP, i think it would be a really cool experience to help build a fresh community, sure it might be small at first, but it can grow at whatever pace appropriate players arrive at. i openly admit i could use some training with certain jumps and positioning tricks, having a community with the mentality of building each other and spreading insight would be fantastic.

as far as my comment about a server for twinkers aspiring to make a name as honorable and competitive players, i mean the kind of people everyone would /salute on sight. respect is something almost completely absent from this bracket and i find this disappointing, there are countless players that shine above the multitudes, friends, loved enemies and feared adversaries.
WAVE TO THEM, ik this is often in a BG and people are busy fighting but make some polite macros, salute and bow and wave enemies you know. its so gratifying to acknowledge an enemy in a BG and have them return the acknowledgement in a respectful attitude even as enemies.
i think if the community as a whole was just a lot more positive, and respectful it would go a long way to righting some of the current wrongs. also, i cant stand people with faction grudges, i play and enjoy both factions and have friends on either side, its petty and immature to stereotype either faction or condemn their members for the actions of a few.

sry for forcing ur hand activate. i have just recently made some new friends on AP ally and im certainly not intending on abandoning them. so what about scheduled nights for high activity if its a small community, rather like 39s. i mean obviously u can play whatever, whenever. but having set days for primarily (insert server name) play would keep us connected both with our old friends and toons and still make sure the new community was reguarly online at the same time

tl;dr too lazy to read, too lazy for it to be relevant^ sry im longwinded

All this server recruitment is ironic since apparently no1 realized that open server recruitment and the "join AP we are the best and most popular place" is what caused alot of the people to join there. There is noway to premote a community as much as AP was premoted and not have it turn to crap down the road. You can't lock people out of a server and where there's a population there will be trolls. Where there are trolls there will be drama. Where there is drama alot of people won't want to stay. Open and continuative server recruitment is what killed AP so premoting your server on here or suggesting new servers on here won't be smart.

There won't be a new "it" realm right off the bat if people are really jumping ship from AP that fast. It won't be as simple as oh look "insert server here" is the new top server everyone respectable come here. Just take it via PMs like I have and recruit nice respectable friends who you can get along with and try to form a community from the ground up. Don't go all in and premote it 24/7 on here or in bgs so all the trolls and the people who ruined AP gets a sense of a new server and jumps ship to ruin your sever as well. Just a tip ^-^

There are only two 'realistic' ways,
an exclusive channel on AP
Or pay $15 a month and set up a guild.
Guild method is correct for what you want.

aww helll naw to promoting in BGs, and frankly the server choice i couldnt care less about, presuming this actually gets off the ground naturally mum would be the word and PMs the order of the day, no1 outside would have to know who our other/old chars were and follow us. besides, channel bans :D mod runs of the first accounts on a server right? also, if some1 is totally excluded from all activities and interaction on a server, why would they stay?
[MENTION=8351]Deadvulcano[/MENTION]
first ty for those ancient youtube vids, brought me to AP during its finest times.
on topic: paying defeats the spirit of f2p...

trust me Izac you better afk next time you x see IRONMAN cause i promise you wont make it to the flag room oh btw i arcane tl orrented you so u couldnt fear then stun and bye bye had a sapper charge ready too..funny part was i was in a rush. luckily i know how to deal with trails.

Users who are viewing this thread