RIP Aerie Peak Horde

24 premades can hear me

I'm sure those 24s were really upset that they got stuck farming the rest of your team in the base for 20 minutes. They really need that call to arms honor. You showed them!

Personally I feel that someone on my team doing this is an extremely frustrating and selfish waste of time. If I don't want to AFK, my options are hiding somewhere or getting farmed for 20 minutes instead of waiting out a 5-8 minute 3 cap and requeueing. Not everyone's going to agree with me there though. If my team is doing some unconventional flag exploration to drag out a shitty game, I'll complain/troll for a couple mins then give up and do something else. Tab out, practice jumps, switch characters, etc etc.

Keep you rhetoric to yourself. I believe in science.

[derail]They aren't mutually exclusive - pitting science and religion against each other is an intellectually immature debate.[/derail]

I banned him for recruiting trials into his premade. They didn't know any better. I would do it again.

That's like banning beer commercials because a high school kid got drunk. Tell new trials that it's frowned upon in the community, but you can't make their decisions for them. Other people grouping with 24s doesn't really affect you or the great games you've had and will still have with AP f2p groups. The advantage of a community that size is that it can accommodate a wide range of people. They wont all share the same views and the majority opinion will inevitably change with time. The only thing you can control is your own experience within the community. And if you get caught up at all in people saying "LOL AP PREMADING WITH 24s" when you aren't involved in that, you should hone your stupid-people-filtering skills.

Needing time away is understandable, I'd recommend rolling a quiet alt, maybe with a couple other people on a different server to get away to sometimes. Just make sure you get what you want out of your play time. AP isn't what it used to be and change is inevitable. Don't feel obligated to continue playing there if you don't find value in it. The advantages of f2p are in the restrictions. The only ties you have to a server are the people. If you play mostly with a small group that doesn't enjoy the server's majority, you guys can go anywhere you want to. There's no need to identify with/only play on one server.

I don't care to go back through and make this coherent, so get whatever you can out of the rambling :).

[derail]They aren't mutually exclusive - pitting science and religion against each other is an intellectually immature debate.[/derail]
I disagree and I will leave it at that. :p

That's like banning beer commercials because a high school kid got drunk. Tell new trials that it's frowned upon in the community, but you can't make their decisions for them. Other people grouping with 24s doesn't really affect you or the great games you've had and will still have with AP f2p groups. The advantage of a community that size is that it can accommodate a wide range of people. They wont all share the same views and the majority opinion will inevitably change with time. The only thing you can control is your own experience within the community. And if you get caught up at all in people saying "LOL AP PREMADING WITH 24s" when you aren't involved in that, you should hone your stupid-people-filtering skills.
When I banned him I was still under the impression the same policies were followed on AP H. I was gone for nearly 7 months when MOP came out. How much of a change I had missed became very apparent when the 24 was unbanned. Hence, RIP.

Needing time away is understandable, I'd recommend rolling a quiet alt, maybe with a couple other people on a different server to get away to sometimes. Just make sure you get what you want out of your play time. AP isn't what it used to be and change is inevitable. Don't feel obligated to continue playing there if you don't find value in it. The advantages of f2p are in the restrictions. The only ties you have to a server are the people. If you play mostly with a small group that doesn't enjoy the server's majority, you guys can go anywhere you want to. There's no need to identify with/only play on one server.
What I would like to determine, is whether we can bring back certain aspects that I appreciated on AP H, with new people. If we can't so be it. I'm not going to ruin people's experience because I disagree with them. That is exactly the reason I have such a strong dislike for 24s.

This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I've already given my options plenty of thought, but I appreciate you attempting to help in that regard. Cheers.

I find it funny when people leave the game for a certain period and expect it to be left the same when you left. You weren't there to enforce policy or strengthen them. You don't want new people there too late you guys for over a year were all like come to AP grass is greener on this side.

So basically you cut the grass and maintained It, then left for 7 months expecting the grass be cut and cleaned but to find out you have weeds & the neighbors dog been crapping over it for 7 months.

So basically you cut the grass and maintained It, then left for 7 months expecting the grass be cut and cleaned but to find out you have weeds & the neighbors dog been crapping over it for 7 months.

Get off my lawn!

Makes me want to
Poop - YouTube

They aren't contributing to our realm. Half of the people do not care about what AP was originally about. Hell, half of the pros don't even know an old player when they see one. I've been called a nobody,newfag, etc by new players of AP.

I've thrown the idea around with friends in the past but nothing ever came of it because most of them quit recently or only log into F2P once in a while, but I think its time for us like minded players to have another migration, a migration off of Aerie Peak.
Yay come bwl :)

On a diff note there are some 24s on bwl . And there will be where ever you go if it has a large enough community . Do I que with 24's on my realm ? Not really . Do they say " hey u guys want to que with me on my 24 paladin so we can farm for 20 min and get tons of honor ?" No. usually we don't really mix when queuing at all but the thing is all the 24's on bwl are really nice and helpfull people that are glad to help me out with a run or farming a certain mob . As far as I know the 2 main ones don't farm ( new one joined about a week ago who I don't know though). I guess the difference would be the attitude of the majority of the people on different realms.

I find it funny when people leave the game for a certain period and expect it to be left the same when you left. You weren't there to enforce policy or strengthen them. You don't want new people there too late you guys for over a year were all like come to AP grass is greener on this side.

It was greener. RIP.

When I banned him I was still under the impression the same policies were followed on AP H. I was gone for nearly 7 months when MOP came out. How much of a change I had missed became very apparent when the 24 was unbanned. Hence, RIP.

When the term "RIP" is used, that generally means something has ended. The context you used it in is incorrect. Ap horde has changed, and it will continue to change over time, but it has not ended. You don't have to premade with p2ps and you don't have to like them, but you have no authority to dictate who other f2ps choose to group with. As someone already mentioned, if you don't like the changes that have occurred, you are free to leave.

When the term "RIP" is used, that generally means something has ended. The context you used it in is incorrect. Ap horde has changed, and it will continue to change over time, but it has not ended. You don't have to premade with p2ps and you don't have to like them, but you have no authority to dictate who other f2ps choose to group with. As someone already mentioned, if you don't like the changes that have occurred, you are free to leave.

Read the thread.

Hey Izac you so lucky i wasn't on that Game. I would of killed you like the first time :p
sucks man haha I showed them how to do it now Izac wont ever happen again.

no my friend, you were the Iucky one when psychic scream missed

that spot was just PIan D. once DMF comes around aII you'II be getting is tie games, unIess you want to try to chase me down and get CC chained in a corner for 5 minutes Iike Iast time

I'm sure those 24s were really upset that they got stuck farming the rest of your team in the base for 20 minutes. They really need that call to arms honor. You showed them!

Personally I feel that someone on my team doing this is an extremely frustrating and selfish waste of time.

So just Iet them cap and get a quick win so they can go "oh man we pwn Iets queue again" and ruin another game for another team? If they wanted to farm they wouIdn't need my heIp. It's not a waste of time, it saves many /afks and a Iot of deserter debuffs. And it's fun for me and something different for them -- the game is "find out how to get to the efc" instead of a dps charts race as they farm our GY. my gIitch spots benefit everyone

Now, I've started playing back in October of 2011 on AP, I have to say those days were fine, where people actually knew what they were doing, Lately AP has become a black hole, I try to move around it, but it still sucks me in with stupidity. That's why I don't log in that much now (RIP Katemiddlton 3)

I say a migration could be good, New realm, New experiences etc...Though if this did happen I recommend that a thread doesn't pop up on where people are going, Because i'm sure in three months time the ___ realm will become Garbage.

tumblr_lueie3sY9J1qb6ne3o1_1280.jpg

It is distasteful for you to try to lump all of a server's faction in to your ideal of how they should be.

no my friend, you were the Iucky one when psychic scream missed

that spot was just PIan D. once DMF comes around aII you'II be getting is tie games, unIess you want to try to chase me down and get CC chained in a corner for 5 minutes Iike Iast time

So just Iet them cap and get a quick win so they can go "oh man we pwn Iets queue again" and ruin another game for another team? If they wanted to farm they wouIdn't need my heIp. It's not a waste of time, it saves many /afks and a Iot of deserter debuffs. And it's fun for me and something different for them -- the game is "find out how to get to the efc" instead of a dps charts race as they farm our GY. my gIitch spots benefit everyone

Your holding flags in normally unreachable spots is a dick move and worthy of being reported away.

Your holding flags in normally unreachable spots is a dick move and worthy of being reported away.

Quite to the contrary, sacrificing ones own time and energy in order to trap a 24 premade in a game where (I would hope) everyone has stopped rezing, or is hidden, is a most noble cause that I truly wish more would aspire to.

Ok, well I used be a member of aerie peak back in 2011 as well, and I'm not surprised. Just a little story here, I was on my rogue (deleted now) back in 2011 on ap. We ran some dungeons, I remember someone dibbsd sea forium charge. It dropped, and me as being a noob that started playing wow a week before that, I didn't know crap about the need/greed/pass system. So, I just clicked the dice icon which was obviously the need. Me, as a rogue in cata I had pick lock at level 20, which works the same way as sea forium charge. So then, I forgot the guys name but it was an undead mage. I got kicked from the instance, then they started talking bull about how i'm a ninja looter. I remember felix was in the dungeon too, and he hated me for it. But I was a noob... what could I do? Well anyways, I got kicked off the server and felix gave me a bad rep just for that. This is why I haven't come back to AP because of that. I remember a lot of people talking bull about me in f2pchat and I won't say their names but... they still play right now. And trolls, yes I know this is a cool story bro. Thanks :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite to the contrary, sacrificing ones own time and energy in order to trap a 24 premade in a game where (I would hope) everyone has stopped rezing, or is hidden, is a most noble cause that I truly wish more would aspire to.

Every time I do this in a 24 premade they aII want to come find me and try to get to me instead of farming mid/gy -- our team has a chance to group up and get to the efc at horde base and a few times actuaIIy manage to kiII him and return the fIag -- so at Ieast our team has some smaII sense of victory instead of getting farmed

So just Iet them cap and get a quick win so they can go "oh man we pwn Iets queue again" and ruin another game for another team?

No...

They go "oh man we pwn, let's queue again!" regardless of whether or not you can hide the flag for X mins.

You don't change anything. Maybe you can dodge them better like this! Who knows...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread