EU+US Resto Shamans...Scummy Class?

War games are a head to head with no objective other than to defeat your enemy. BG's are objective based and not about killing your enemy.
....no? You still win wargames through objective play. I've seen a multitude of wargames where one team dominates mid yet still lose the game due to worse objective play.

....no? You still win wargames through objective play. I've seen a multitude of wargames where one team dominates mid yet still lose the game due to worse objective play.

Wargames and RBG's are still completely different. Comparing the two is apple and oranges in my opinion.

Wargames and RBG's are still completely different. Comparing the two is apple and oranges in my opinion.
I'm not saying that either. Look, you're free to use whatever, I'll never hold it against anyone to use every buff there is to get an edge in RBGs, but I myself won't use non-wargameable consumables unless I'm just fucking around.

All healers are inherently scummy as they delay the nature of the game which is to KILL! And shamans are a blast to play. Not many people play them, so there power is not well understood. In any case, I have a 29 and 39. Both often top dps charts as well as heals.

dunno how the fuck a healing class with strong damage and a bunch of answers to everything and travel form = higher skill cap lol.

dunno how the fuck a healing class with strong damage and a bunch of answers to everything and travel form = higher skill cap lol.

Druid highest skill cap class in game IMO
(Yes I am biased)

Dunno how the fuck a healing(in name only) class with absurd damage and a bunch of answers to everything + travel form = higher skill cap lol. I would have though it was the easiest role to play, especially considering 90% of the bfa resto shammy/druid play as dps and dont rly raid heal. Where is the high skillcap in a 'dps' that can heal (with 2anti kick instants), run away, ranged interrupt, aoe slow?

At least 19s are spared the always crit lava burst.

edit - im not saying playing the spec takes 0 skill im just confused why the insinuation exists that it takes more skill to play? FC'ing? sure, but dpsing mid as a healing class? higher skillcap? nah

Last edited:
Dunno how the fuck a healing(in name only) class with absurd damage and a bunch of answers to everything + travel form = higher skill cap lol. I would have though it was the easiest role to play, especially considering 90% of the bfa resto shammy/druid play as dps and dont rly raid heal. Where is the high skillcap in a 'dps' that can heal (with 2anti kick instants), run away, ranged interrupt, aoe slow?

At least 19s are spared the always crit lava burst.

edit - im not saying playing the spec takes 0 skill im just confused why the insinuation exists that it takes more skill to play? FC'ing? sure, but dpsing mid as a healing class? higher skillcap? nah

Not sure where all the vitriol towards healers come from, other than me and a couple of handful players your not seeing a whole lot of healers top the charts on dmg. Is the problem you cant solo a healer? Bliz has never wanted healers to be 1v1. From 19's to 120's any healer worth his salt will not be solo'd.

-- cupa

Not sure where all the vitriol towards healers come from, other than me and a couple of handful players your not seeing a whole lot of healers top the charts on dmg. Is the problem you cant solo a healer? Bliz has never wanted healers to be 1v1. From 19's to 120's any healer worth his salt will not be solo'd.

-- cupa

? I have no qualms with healers lol, and I think 'healer' is a flawed term to use when describing 90% of the 19 resto shammy players lol. I dont play 19s much, but these are the first two resto shammies on my 19s details data and i think it perfectly represents 19 resto shammies

Details! report for targets of Healing Done of Noreaga for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [11:42 EF]
1. Noreaga -> 18.5K (91.5%)

Details! report for targets of Healing Done of Huti-Dalaran for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [5:18 EF]
1. Huti -> 6.8K (96.5%)

90% of 19 resto shammies play as dps, have 0 intention of healing the team (which is fine, whatever) and really just play the class because they dont have the ballz to play a pure dps class and need the training wheels toolkit that resto shammies provides. Apologies to all the resto shammy healers, no qualms with you.

All of this is fine, but lets not delude ourselves with this absurd idea that those 90% mentioned aboves playstyle is skill intensive, its not...imo

ur all wrong but im too lazy to type out why, can we all just agree im probably right and move on

? I have no qualms with healers lol, and I think 'healer' is a flawed term to use when describing 90% of the 19 resto shammy players lol. I dont play 19s much, but these are the first two resto shammies on my 19s details data and i think it perfectly represents 19 resto shammies

Details! report for targets of Healing Done of Noreaga for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [11:42 EF]
1. Noreaga -> 18.5K (91.5%)

Details! report for targets of Healing Done of Huti-Dalaran for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [5:18 EF]
1. Huti -> 6.8K (96.5%)

90% of 19 resto shammies play as dps, have 0 intention of healing the team (which is fine, whatever) and really just play the class because they dont have the ballz to play a pure dps class and need the training wheels toolkit that resto shammies provides. Apologies to all the resto shammy healers, no qualms with you.

All of this is fine, but lets not delude ourselves with this absurd idea that those 90% mentioned aboves playstyle is skill intensive, its not...imo

How can you generalize 90% of lvl 19 shamans, when you admit you dont play 19's much? There are a number of good shamans who heal like beasts and still put up quality dmg.

Only trash players play druid at 19

Only trash players play at 19

I fixed your typo.

Anyways...
Druids are arguably one of the highest skill-capped classes in the game. Restoration particularly*. However, this is twinking, so that variable of skill doesn't necessarily apply. (as it shouldn't)

A good healer can dispel, crowd control, heal & deal damage simultaneously and successfully at endgame. That's actually what makes a good healer, a good healer. With that said, is it inconceivable to think a below-average healer (that doesn't have to worry about CC or dispelling) is capable of pouring out lots of damage at LEVEL 19? Of course not. Its a braindead bracket for braindead players. Lets find something better to cry over.

I fixed your typo.

Anyways...
Druids are arguably one of the highest skill-capped classes in the game. Restoration particularly*. However, this is twinking, so that variable of skill doesn't necessarily apply. (as it shouldn't)

A good healer can dispel, crowd control, heal & deal damage simultaneously and successfully at endgame. That's actually what makes a good healer, a good healer. With that said, is it inconceivable to think a below-average healer (that doesn't have to worry about CC or dispelling) is capable of pouring out lots of damage at LEVEL 19? Of course not. Its a braindead bracket for braindead players. Lets find something better to cry over.

It's funny you say that for 19's. I think 59's are considerably easier to play than 19's. Just my opinion though.

It's funny you say that for 19's. I think 59's are considerably easier to play than 19's. Just my opinion though.

I agree, 59 is an incredibly broken bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread